Outgoing Mail

Hi, I will need to send something out in the mail this coming week while I am on the Freedom of the Seas (for Mother's Day), are there mail boxes on the ship that I could drop the mail in and it would get picked up and sent? Or any suggestions on how I'd be able to send something. Thank you.

Hi, I will need to send something out in the mail this coming week while I am on the Freedom of the Seas (for Mother's Day), are there mail boxes on the ship that I could drop the mail in and it would get picked up and sent? Or any suggestions on how I'd be able to send something. Thank you.

Yes, there is a mailbox on the ship, but I've heard it can take some time. Are you going to St. Thomas perhaps? If so, I'd use a mailbox there.

As long as it has proper postage, drop it off at the information desk off the atrium. The mail will go out when it reaches the next port. We send postcards this way most of the time.

I send post cards to my grandson from the ship. I give them to the front service desk and they mail them from the next port. However, they do take a while to reach their destination. Usually takes about a week to 10 days for the post cards to be delivered depending on the port.

If you put US postage on it, the ship will send it with the ship's mail to corporate headquarters, and then it will get sorted and forwarded from there, which is what can take time (sometimes ship's mail doesn't go until return to US). If they provide local postage, it will be delivered to the ship's agent in that port, where it will sit on the desk for a week or so, before they get around to mailing it.

Or, you could use the mail buoy. As the ship leaves port, look for a red and blue buoy that has a slot in it. They will have the tender port open to get to it. :D Just something we tell all rookies at sea.

If you put US postage on it, the ship will send it with the ship's mail to corporate headquarters, and then it will get sorted and forwarded from there, which is what can take time (sometimes ship's mail doesn't go until return to US). If they provide local postage, it will be delivered to the ship's agent in that port, where it will sit on the desk for a week or so, before they get around to mailing it.

Or, you could use the mail buoy. As the ship leaves port, look for a red and blue buoy that has a slot in it. They will have the tender port open to get to it. :D Just something we tell all rookies at sea.

Thank you, that's very helpful information. I'll look for the mail buoy.

Send it now...before you sail. It's likely not to get where you're sending it for several weeks, if you wait until you're on the ship.

The person you're sending it to will appreciate it, even if it's early. Write on it....Don't open till Mother's Day!

Langley_Cruisers and CB at Sea, You're right. Just to be safe, I will put it in the mail before I leave. Thanks for your input.

There you go hon, now you can really enjoy your cruise and not have to worry about finding a post office in St. Thomas on your vacation! Have fun. :)

Thank you! And thank you everyone for your help!:)

Good plan. The postcards we have mailed from the ships generally arrive to folks back home...weeks after we do. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't gamble with something as important as a Mother's Day card. :D