14 day carribean cruises

tgmtgm

Does anyone have any insight on Princess offering true 14 day Carribean sailings for 2015/16? Not interested in doing b2b eastern/western on same ship. I recall a few years ago that there were a few sailings offered on the Grand(?)

Tony

Princess 14 day cruises to the Caribbean are basically 7 day B2B.

Sometimes you can find a 14/15 day Panama Canal cruise.

Do wish Princess would offer TRUE 14 day cruises in the Caribbean.

LuLu

Greatly miss the 14-day tips that used to sail out of San Juan. It cut out the travel time from Florida, seemed to have a lot of ports and went nowhere near Princess Cays.

Today, to get 14-days we need to book two 7-day trips B2B with turnaround in Florida half way through the trip. Unfortunately this also includes two stops at Princess Cays on a 14-day itinerary.

Greatly miss the 14-day tips that used to sail out of San Juan. It cut out the travel time from Florida, seemed to have a lot of ports and went nowhere near Princess Cays.

Today, to get 14-days we need to book two 7-day trips B2B with turnaround in Florida half way through the trip. Unfortunately this also includes two stops at Princess Cays on a 14-day itinerary.

Tried to book the 14 day Caribbean Getaway for Mar 7, 2015. The base price is lower than b2b. But there were only 4 balcony rooms left. However, as a b2b there are hundreds of balcony rooms (?) Did you have the same problem?

Princess has already published their 2015/16 Caribbean schedule, and there are no true 14-night itineraries on it. They are offering one this winter, on Dec 19 2013 on the Ocean Princess.

Thanks for the info. I know Celebrity does a bonafide 14 day on the Eclipse, and I did book a April 2016 date while onboard the Equinox two weeks ago. Received some excellent incentives for doing so, but wanted to give Princess a shot if they did indeed have something comparable.

Tony

Princess has already published their 2015/16 Caribbean schedule, and there are no true 14-night itineraries on it.

Where are you finding the 2016 Caribbean schedule? HELP.

Going to the Princess website I can't find anything more than the 2015 sailings.

LuLu

Where are you finding the 2016 Caribbean schedule? HELP.

Going to the Princess website I can't find anything more than the 2015 sailings.

LuLu

Some TA's have emailed them. I thought someone posted it on this board two weeks ago. I'll try to find that thread.

Here it is. Post #6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027420&highlight=2016

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

Some TA's have emailed them. I thought someone posted it on this board two weeks ago. I'll try to find that thread.

Here it is. Post #6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027420&highlight=2016

Thanks so much. Knew I could count on you.

What we're looking for is a Jan2016 Princess cruise to the Caribbean for 14 to 20 days. Our TA has sent us what she has so far but doesn't think it would suit what we want. We really don't care to do yet another full Panama Canal transit.

Please keep me updated with your latest finding because you are good at finding these things out quickly and I trust your opinions.

LuLu

Thanks so much. Knew I could count on you.

What we're looking for is a Jan2016 Princess cruise to the Caribbean for 14 to 20 days. Our TA has sent us what she has so far but doesn't think it would suit what we want. We really don't care to do yet another full Panama Canal transit.

Please keep me updated with your latest finding because you are good at finding these things out quickly and I trust your opinions.

LuLu

The Royal Princess will be doing the 10-night Eastern/Southern itineraries again. That's a good choice. The Emerald Princess is doing some different things, including one 10-night itinerary. The Regal is alternating 7-night Eastern/Western itineraries. Everyday I'm asking DH for his input about what to book on May 13th, but I think he's cruised out right now, and is leaving it entirely up to me. So I've been reading the spreadsheet like a book every evening. :)

Thanks for the info. I know Celebrity does a bonafide 14 day on the Eclipse, and I did book a April 2016 date while onboard the Equinox two weeks ago. Received some excellent incentives for doing so, but wanted to give Princess a shot if they did indeed have something comparable.

Tony

What I don't understand is that Celebrity seems to sell out these cruises every year. (The prices only seem to go UP after introduction)

So if they can make money on them why can't Princess?? :confused:

The Ocean Princess is offering a true 14-day cruise this December.

That was the only 1 I could find. All the rest were B2B alternating Eastern and Western.

Edited by dorisis

Tried to book the 14 day Caribbean Getaway for Mar 7, 2015. The base price is lower than b2b. But there were only 4 balcony rooms left. However, as a b2b there are hundreds of balcony rooms (?) Did you have the same problem?

Yes BRANDEE, seems that only certain cabins/categories when you queried as a 14-day booking.

But many more cabins/categories were open (to book as B2B) when you looked at the two weeks as 7-day itineraries.

I felt as if we were being penalized simply because we wanted to enjoy an extended trip on the same ship in the same cabin.

Have to believe this is simply a way to increase profit, I don’t see any other logical explanation for restricting and limiting cabin selection like this.

If you call Princess to question this they are unable to provide any satisfactory or logical answer.

We had the same issue. Our TA could only book the 14 day for a very limited number of cabins. However, there was tons of availability when we booked it as two separate cruises. As it turned out her prices for the two cruises was only $25 more per cruise and we got the cabin we wanted, OBC's on both cruises and two cruise credits. So, it wasn't such a bad deal.

However, I too would prefer not returning to Ft. Lauderdale mid cruise. But visiting Princess Cays twice is fine for us. We enjoy it. :)

Yes BRANDEE, seems that only certain cabins/categories when you queried as a 14-day booking.

But many more cabins/categories were open (to book as B2B) when you looked at the two weeks as 7-day itineraries.

I felt as if we were being penalized simply because we wanted to enjoy an extended trip on the same ship in the same cabin.

Have to believe this is simply a way to increase profit, I don’t see any other logical explanation for restricting and limiting cabin selection like this.

If you call Princess to question this they are unable to provide any satisfactory or logical answer.

Hi..I did call Princess and as you said, clueless! Anyway, we'll be sailing with you on the Caribbean on March 7th, b2b. My husband's veteran's OBC is less but we do get double internet minutes.

MsMoger, I agree with not needing to revisit Fort Lauderdale in the middle of the cruise.

Edited by BRANDEE

I'm so confused. I thought they canceled all the 14 day cruises, even the ones that are actually two 7 day cruises? I had one booked and a few months or so ago received an Emil from princess saying they were changing my cruise because the Caribbean princess was being relocated to south america maybe?? Now I see this one for march 7th is still available. Any insight? Thanks

I'm so confused. I thought they canceled all the 14 day cruises, even the ones that are actually two 7 day cruises? I had one booked and a few months or so ago received an Emil from princess saying they were changing my cruise because the Caribbean princess was being relocated to south america maybe?? Now I see this one for march 7th is still available. Any insight? Thanks

Looks like the Ruby Princess was sent to South America. Her 7 day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises were cancelled for the end of Jan. Feb and March 2015. The Caribbean Princess is doing most of those dates now.

Some dates in the 2014/15 cruise atlas have changed. When on the Emerald this March, I picked up newer "flyers" with the changed dates. They are shuffling the ships around. Part of the problem is Venice , the Regal and Royal will be too big for the new regulations for Venice sailaways. Hope this helps a little. What ship did they put you on?

Edited by BRANDEE