What is your favorite Solstice-Class ship?

cruising_Bif

Favorite Solstice-Class Ship  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Solstice-Class Ship

• Solstice
    • Equinox
    • Eclipse
    • Silhouette
    • Reflection

We also get tired of Blu and MDR. Now, we typically book a less expensive cabin and dine nightly in Speciality restaurants and some lunches also. With the money we save from booking a higher category You can book the unlimited speciality resaturants package onboard. It comes to $29 pp daily -it was that in March 2014 and could have changed slightly. IMO money well spent!

Thanks for the tip, we actually thought with the money saved on the cabin we would check out some of the Speciality Restaurants. We did do a 11 night Mediterranean on the Ecilpse, after 5 nights in the MDR, we skipped the remaining 6 nights and enjoyed the buffet late afternoon and never missed it. The buffet on this class of ship is very good, lots of options. We also sometimes eat in port or bring favorite items back from ports and have a picnic on our balcony.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Lois,

Good answer!

LOL

Hi Wendy, hope you and Lloyd are doing well:).....you going on

Summit again in August? Time always goes by so fast.....I can't

believe it has been a year since we cruised to Bermuda:eek:

Do you know anyone else who has purchased the Ultimate Dining

package recently? Normally I enjoy the main dining room but I am

actually thinking of trying the package on my next cruise...Reflection

in November. I usually enjoy eating with other people but am thinking

of stepping outside of the box this time around.

I can't vote......I don't have a favorite:eek:...I guess it would be the

ship I am sailing at the time;)

Best answer!!! We have been on the Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette and loved all of them. We like the glass shows and didn't care too much for the Lawn Club Grille, guess that my vote goes for the Eclipse...Still, looking forward to cruise on the Reflection in three weeks. :):)

Silhouette because of the crew.......

So if a year later many crew members have moved onto Solstice, or Equinox, then Silhouette would no longer be your favorite... or if crew members get transferred to an M-Class ship, you would no longer like S-class??? :confused:

The reason we keep on sailing with Celebrity is because their fantastic onboard training program results in such a wonderful cruising experience on every ship. Picking one ship for the crew is almost like saying that one prefers a certain ship because of the wonderful weather during their cruise.

Although the Reflection was new when we sailed, I think I liked the Eclipse and Solstice better due to the fact they had a disco, larger Sky Lounge and fewer people. Although we did enjoy Lawn Club Grill and expanded Sunset Bar. Oh heck, I like them all!

• 3 months later...
I know the design and feature differences among the S-Class ships, but I was wondering if all S-Class ships are "generally" equal in terms of quality of food and entertainment?

Yes... The model for the 5 ships in the series was basically replicated... footprint is virtually the same... Deck Plans a tad different once they added more SuiteS to The Reflection.... Aqua Class Suites, Signature Suites & the Reflection Suite (Aqua Suites soon to be eliminated, and changed over to Sky Suites)

The mix of Specialty Restaurants is what differs... (Tuscan Grille - Silk Harvest - Qsine - The Lawn Club - The Porch) is what differs. Bistro on 5 and Muranos are on all the ships.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB