Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

We just purchased the package for both of us. I am sure this has been covered, but I wanted to be sure this is good anywhere on the ship. That would include the dining room and specialty restaurants also, correct?

I am not sure about the bottom line, but I know I don't like the bar bill at the end of the cruise!!! It's bad enough we have to leave the ship, but then to have to pay when we get home for something we already had.....this will be much better for us!

Thank you all for the information you have supplied us.

Patti

We just purchased the package for both of us. I am sure this has been covered, but I wanted to be sure this is good anywhere on the ship. That would include the dining room and specialty restaurants also, correct?

I am not sure about the bottom line, but I know I don't like the bar bill at the end of the cruise!!! It's bad enough we have to leave the ship, but then to have to pay when we get home for something we already had.....this will be much better for us!

Thank you all for the information you have supplied us.

Patti

Correct, it does include the dining room and specialty restaurants.

Hi Everyone,

This may have been addressed on one of the previous 28 pages (didn't have the stamina to peruse them all) so my apologies if it has.

The few wine options listed on the spreadsheet that started this is below average, mediocre at best. Is that really ALL there is from which to choose onboard? Or it there a wine bar or other and better options available throughot the ship?

We're cruising aboard Regal in 10 days.

Thanks in advance and Bon Voyage.

Vines on deck 5 does give you more options for glasses up to $10. However the 40% discount enabled us to have some really nice bottles of wine.

I didn't think glasses of wine in VINES were included in the AIBP. Maybe I interpreted it wrongly. I also thought I read that other Speciality restaurants weren't included in The overall package, either. I.e. You'd get a bill to eat there?

VINES

Voted one of the "Best Wine Bars at Sea," by USA TODAY, this charming corner of the Atrium boasts an extensive collection of wines, like Opus One, Super Tuscans and regional offerings for purchase. The menu also includes wine flights and a selection of wines by the glass. Gourmet delicacies, such as made-to-order sushi and tapas, are complimentary with any wine purchase.

Wine charges apply. Wine menu and food items vary by ship and are subject to change. Vines available on select ships.

I have used the package at Vines with no problem in the past - the only places it does not apply is room service, mini bar and any vending machines (wherever they are - don't know I have ever seen one on a Princess ship)

I have used the package at Vines with no problem in the past - the only places it does not apply is room service, mini bar and any vending machines (wherever they are - don't know I have ever seen one on a Princess ship)

I can confirm the Package is good at Vines!

Speciality restaurants. The drinks package is good however there is a charge for the meal. Crown Grill $25pp Sabatini $25.pp

Share $39pp and Salty Dog $19pp only available on limited ships Emerald I know for sure

Edited by jackieo

I can confirm the Package is good at Vines!

Speciality restaurants. The drinks package is good however there is a charge for the meal. Crown Grill $25pp Sabatini $25.pp

Share $39pp and Salty Dog $19pp only available on limited ships Emerald I know for sure

Thanks for the clarification, Jackie, that's how I thought it worked (pay for meals), just wasn't sure about the wine.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Princess will modify their AIBP like Carnival is doing on March 1st?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6831

http://usat.ly/1XOHCXq

Their price is similar to Princess ($49.95 per person per day if purchased in advance of departure or $54.95 if purchased onboard) and Carnival is not increasing their price by increasing the maximum drink price from $10 to $50.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Carnivals new policy is horrible for my DW and I. It requires both primary adults in the same cabin to both purchase the AIBP. I drink 4 beers a year. My DW drinks 2 bottles of pinot noir at dinner by her self. This program is no good for us.

Excuse me but how many cocktails on board cost that much ? That is a marketing ploy nothing else
Can't speak for Carnival but there are some specialty cocktails, Bellini's and a few wines by the glass at Vines that are in the $10-$15 and maybe one or two Super Tuscans at Vines that may be more than that. Nothing anywhere near $50. Edited by IECalCruiser

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

I am having a hard time accessing the spreadsheet. Even did a copy and paste. Any hints

noisycharlie

Yes you have to sign, but NOTHING shows on your bill, it is only for inventory control and bookkeeping. I have found it to my advantage because of the 40% discount on bottled wine. By the way, you just sign for the alcohol drinks, not the coffees, juices, soft drinks, malts, or mocktails.

Can anyone confirm if the drink prices have gone up since the spreadsheet was last updated in July 2014? I'd be very surprised if they haven't.

Here it is - the updated version with all of the additional & updated prices my parents found on their cruise last week! They took a ton of menu pics for me - the list has almost doubled in size. There are a few repeats on the list - for example, if a drink is offered on multiple wine lists, I did show it multiple times on the list. Hopefully that's helpful for folks as they think about what they like to drink at specific venues.

The only 2 sections that aren't updated are the iced coffees from the International Cafe and the Flavors of Mexico. I have indicated the update date for each item, so it will be obvious how current each price is.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and as always feedback and correction suggestions are appreciated! :D

Just copied and pasted this. HTH.

When I sail in November aboard the Golden Princess, I intend to check as many prices as I can, and post the Australian prices.

Edited by crochetcruise

• 1 month later...