Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

This thread is long and finding the most recent version located at post #205 can be difficult. Here is a link to that file. Princess Beverage Package Evaluator ver2

Thank you for saying this......we should be a little more diligent in letting "newcomers" know where to find the most current spreadsheet. The Evaluator is awesome.

We have determined that it is not a contest to drink as much as one can. It is just nice not to have to think about the a la carte way.....if you want something, just get it....i.e., a bottle of water as you are walking past a venue. The well drinks and glasses of wine (average at $10 with gratuity), beer is now at about $8, it doesn't take long to add these costs to realize the all inclusive package is really worth it.

Thanks so if I get it straight the package includes the gratuity whereas the prices on the list do not?

Seems like as a Canadian I get more screwed? the "package" is $73 CAD per day (translates to $57 US) vs the $49. For an additional 'drink per day' its harder to become unscrewed literally and figuratively.

Thanks so if I get it straight the package includes the gratuity whereas the prices on the list do not?

Seems like as a Canadian I get more screwed? the "package" is $73 CAD per day (translates to $57 US) vs the $49. For an additional 'drink per day' its harder to become unscrewed literally and figuratively.

The package is $49 USD + 15% gratuity = $56.35 USD.

Converted to CAD using xe.com, that's $72.90 CAD.

I just looked in anticipation of an upcoming voyage and the prepaid bar card is now US$56 .. which is what a prior poster had noted. Beauty of this tool, I just plugged in $112 for two folks, and took a composite of our habits (from prior cruises) and it looks like this works for us.

Of course, everyone's mileage (and liver) varies.

Happy sailing

Call me too lazy to look for it in the post. Is the $10 drink limit the listed price of the drink, or is it the cost plus 15% gratuity? Only asking, as if you order a $8.95 drink, that plus gratuity would equal $10.29. Would this drink still be included in the beverage package.

Thanks

Call me too lazy to look for it in the post. Is the $10 drink limit the listed price of the drink, or is it the cost plus 15% gratuity? Only asking, as if you order a $8.95 drink, that plus gratuity would equal $10.29. Would this drink still be included in the beverage package.

Thanks

Gratuity is prepaid with your AIBP so you can skip the mental math and just look at the listed prices.

• 2 weeks later...
How up to date is the info on the evaluator? I'm considering purchasing the package but I'd like to know what it actually includes specifically. As in what you can actually get with the package vs. what is above the price point covered.
There is an updated spreadsheet in post #205. The spreadsheet shows the few drinks that are not included in the package. There hasn't been a price increase for about 2 years and there may be one soon. Even if the prices increase as much as a $1/drink there should be almost no additional drinks excluded from the package.

There is an updated spreadsheet in post #205. The spreadsheet shows the few drinks that are not included in the package. There hasn't been a price increase for about 2 years and there may be one soon. Even if the prices increase as much as a $1/drink there should be almost no additional drinks excluded from the package.

The last update to the evaluator was in July 2014, over 2 years ago.

For me the beverage package is a total rip-off. There is no way I could possibly drink over $50 worth of drinks in a day to get any value back from it. It is easier just to let the on board credit pay for drinks. That is how I do it.

Then why post or even bother reading the thread? Too much time on your hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last update to the evaluator was in July 2014, over 2 years ago.
And the prices in post #205 are still correct - or were as of our cruise this spring.....so still quite useful.
As I stated in my post, the last price increase was in 2014 and is included in the spreadsheet update in post #205 and there have been no changes since then except for possibly a few wines by the glass and the 50th Anniversary drinks which are all over $10 and not included in the package. This was confirmed by reedprincess. We are due a price increase sometime soon but unless the price is more than $1/drink the spreadsheet still lists the drinks that are included in the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I stated in my post, the last price increase was in 2014 and is included in the spreadsheet update in post #205 and there have been no changes since then except for possibly a few wines by the glass and the 50th Anniversary drinks which are all over $10 and not included in the package. This was confirmed by reedprincess. We are due a price increase sometime soon but unless the price is more than $1/drink the spreadsheet still lists the drinks that are included in the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm extremely surprised that there have been no drink price increases in over two years. Very well, thank you for the clarification.

For me the beverage package is a total rip-off. There is no way I could possibly drink over $50 worth of drinks in a day to get any value back from it. It is easier just to let the on board credit pay for drinks. That is how I do it.

The old drinks package argument again. For us it is always worth it. Having ten drinks or more over a full day is not uncommon.

Thank you for saying this......we should be a little more diligent in letting "newcomers" know where to find the most current spreadsheet. The Evaluator is awesome.

We have determined that it is not a contest to drink as much as one can. It is just nice not to have to think about the a la carte way.....if you want something, just get it....i.e., a bottle of water as you are walking past a venue. The well drinks and glasses of wine (average at $10 with gratuity), beer is now at about $8, it doesn't take long to add these costs to realize the all inclusive package is really worth it.

After seeing the price list made my mind up it was well worth it. We drink a lot of water, plus a few glasses of wine with dinner and a few drinks in the bar later, more than worth it. Brought OBC credit to pay for mine onboard to as got a much better exchange rate.

Will be on the same cruise so may bump into you enjoying the package!

I'm sure this has been covered, how many bottles of wine can I bring onboard initially? Can I bring more on at ports of call?

Is there a corkage fee at the MDR?

Thanks and will see you onboard.

You can bring two bottles onboard at embarkation for consumption in your cabin free of charge. You can also being as many more bottles as you like at $15us per bottle corkage charge, which is marked on the bottle as paid at the table at check-in, and this can be brought to dining rooms, etc around the ship. If the original two "free" bottles are brought to the dining room or elsewhere, they'll be charged the corkage fee...

This is all only at embarkation.

Wine or alcohol bought at ports of call is supposed to be collected at the pier right after security and returned on last night of sailing. Sometimes, the table isn't manned or they don't see it, etc..you rolls your dice and you takes your chances....

Happy sails.

Wine or alcohol bought at ports of call is supposed to be collected at the pier right after security and returned on last night of sailing. Sometimes, the table isn't manned or they don't see it, etc..you rolls your dice and you takes your chances....

Happy sails.

Thank you Reed for taking the time. Seems to me the $15 (corkage fee) is a good deal after the initial 2 bottles. Love my LaCrema Pinot.

Ron

The old drinks package argument again. For us it is always worth it. Having ten drinks or more over a full day is not uncommon.

That was the whole point of the person making up the thread. If the package was a more reasonable price then I would purchase it for simplicity.

As an individual I simply do not drink the amount of beverages to justify its cost.

I would be very interested to see a poll of people who would actually benefit from the package opposed to people who are drinking under the budget.