Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

I use LibreOffice. It's free and it opens MS Office files.

or Google Sheets (if you have a gmail account) should work too.

You could also download Open Office. It's completely free and has over 1,000,000 downloads. I put it on my daughter's computer. It opens all MS Office docs and saves in the appropriate formats.

First I went to post #205, to copy the link. It is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=11

So many will state, I don't drink that much too warrant the charge for a beverage package. However, those small charges really add up.

Two cups of coffee, two sodas, two pre-dinner drinks, two glasses of wine at dinner, an after dinner cordial, a cup of great chamomile tea to take to your cabin at night, and maybe one or two bottles of water will FAR exceed that the drink package cost. Change any of the drinks for a cup of cappuccino and you still are at an cost savings.

The above is no way is excess drinking....now add the bottles of water to go ashore. Voila.....it's a done deal!!

If getting the AIB package does it really make sense to carry multiple bottles of wine onboard? Seems like the section of wines by the glass is pretty good from what I read.

We are going to bring ours on to drink in the cabin. One bottle was a wedding gift from my mom - we were supposed to use it for toasts on our wedding day but we figured toasting with it on sailaway for our honeymoon will be just as special! And the second bottle will be a locally made honey mead - so it is something special not carried on board. We will drink wine off the menu for dinner, but on a 10 day cruise we shouldn't have any trouble finishing both bottles in our room before we head home.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my... I was under the impression that Princess Cays was included! That factored in to my decision of purchasing the package... I sure hope a few others will chime in to let us know if it is!

If you Google for it you will find multiple people on these boards who report that they DID use the AIBP on Princess Cay.

The reason the Soda and More card or the Soda card aren't accepted on Princess Cay is because they only have canned soda there and that is not part of the soda package.

The AIBP works just fine for any drinks you want on Princess Cay.

Oh my... I was under the impression that Princess Cays was included! That factored in to my decision of purchasing the package... I sure hope a few others will chime in to let us know if it is!

We were there in Feb/March this year and the AIBP was included but we found the prices of drinks differed slightly from on board and some cocktails which were included on the ship cost more than $10 on shore so fell outside the AIBP criteria.

• 1 month later...

We are just off the Island PC Partial Transit. The AIBP on board was offered for sale up to the 4th to last day of the cruise. From the Patter: "Package can be purchased any day of the cruise and will be effective from the time and day of sign up. The All Inclusive Package can be purchased no later than 4 days prior to the voyage ends."

Edited by Ferd Berfle

We are just off the Island PC Partial Transit. The AIBP on board was offered for sale up to the 4th to last day of the cruise. From the Patter: "Package can be purchased any day of the cruise and will be effective from the time and day of sign up. The All Inclusive Package can be purchased no later than 4 days prior to the voyage ends."

Hope this becomes fleetwide.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should also consideradding the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" to your spreadsheet to let people see if it is worth it as well. This costs is about $8.05 per day (multiplied by the total number of days you will be on thecruise, I paid about $56 for a 7 night 8 day cruise). This allows the holder to get free sodas, juices and mocktails as wellas free hot chocolate and milk shakes/malts.

On my last cruise which just ended last Saturday March 11th2017, the mocktails were selling for $5.50 each and the sodas were $2.00 each,shakes were $2.50.

I found that this is well worth it since I don't drink alcohol,it was very easy to just go up and get whatever I felt like drinking and never needingto worry about the cost or number of drinks I wanted to have. For anyone wholikes to drink soda or other drinks this will pay for itself with just one sodaand one mocktail per day more than one per day and you are saving money. I averaged6 to 15 drinks per day.

You should also consideradding the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" to your spreadsheet to let people see if it is worth it as well. This costs is about $8.05 per day (multiplied by the total number of days you will be on thecruise, I paid about $56 for a 7 night 8 day cruise). This allows the holder to get free sodas, juices and mocktails as wellas free hot chocolate and milk shakes/malts.

Tell me - does the package include 'fresh squeezed orange juice', or just the buffet/MDR juice?

Thanks.