Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

Just copied and pasted this. HTH.

When I sail in November aboard the Golden Princess, I intend to check as many prices as I can, and post the Australian prices.

I would love to hear back what you find on soda prices. I can't believe a can is only $2. I paid $3.75 on NCL for a flat diet pepsi in a cup about the size of what they serve on an airplane. I always thought that if you weren't on a package deal, you received a full can.

This will be our first cruise on Princess since 2006, so I don't remember much about the sodas except that it was sometimes had to get a bartender to bring me a soda because there wasn't an extra tip in it for them. :rolleyes:

Kelly, thanks for taking the time to put this together. Definitely a lot of hard work.

Kelly,

You rock! Thanks for putting this together!!:D

Can you add Red Bull, Perrier and San Pelligrino?

They also carry Monster. At least they did on board the Caribbean. The size is the same size as the Red Bull can though. Not sure on the price as we normally get the package.

• 2 weeks later...
Please enlighten the newbie on a few things;

- if we purchase beverage package, can we do it only for the sea days or do we have to purchase for all 7 days of the cruise?

You may not pick and choose your days it all of them or none of them :(

As for this thread great excel spreadsheet, I see it was done 2 years ago and it is still helping people thanks a bunch.

The package will definitely benefit my DW for she drinks the $7+ fruity drinks/wine. However I am right on the bubble with beer prices and what I feel I would drink per/day. One thing I have notice this being 2 yrs old they have some craft beers on the ship now and they tend to be a little higher in price. So does anyone know what they charge for a signature Sea-witch craft beer?

Please enlighten the newbie on a few things;

- if we purchase beverage package, can we do it only for the sea days or do we have to purchase for all 7 days of the cruise?

Even if you purchase on the 2nd day or onwards, you will still be charged for the full cruise.

• 1 month later...

I've read through this entire thread and as such have no questions whatsoever about the AIBP but just want to say thank you to the OP and everyone else who has provided valuable information...very much looking forward to my very first cruise with my husband and mother in January 2017...and looking forward to utilizing the AIBP!

Also remember that if you have a lot of port days, you'll be off the ship so on those days it will be hard to make it work.

I know on my 10 cruise in the fall we have 5 port days so it probably won't be worth it for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for all your hard work on putting the list together Kelly, it must've taken a while. Its been very helpful on making my mind up about the drinks package.

• 4 weeks later...
You may not pick and choose your days it all of them or none of them :(

On RCL if you want their drink package on a 7 day cruise, you can wait till the last four days and just pay for those days.

I have done it my last two cruises. For drinks, I usually spread them out each day.

Mimosa or Bloody Mary in the morning with breakfast.

If lying by the pool, one or two drinks to cool off.

Beer or wine with lunch.

Drink before dinner.

Two to three glasses of wine with dinner and a cordial after dessert .

One or two drinks in the evening.

Also, special coffees and water bottles are also included in the package.

That's about ten drinks I could have, I usually wouldn't do all ten in one day especially on port days.

Edited by Cinerama

On RCL if you want their drink package on a 7 day cruise, you can wait till the last four days and just pay for those days.

I have done it my last two cruises. For drinks, I usually spread them out each day.

Mimosa or Bloody Mary in the morning with breakfast.

If lying by the pool, one or two drinks to cool off.

Beer or wine with lunch.

Drink before dinner.

Two to three glasses of wine with dinner and a cordial after dessert .

One or two drinks in the evening.

Also, special coffees and water bottles are also included in the package.

That's about ten drinks I could have, I usually wouldn't do all ten in one day especially on port days.

And the n Celebrity, you can buy the package at any point up until last two nights...

Princess still has the entire cruise policy, where it can only be bought in advance or day one or two, with no prorating if bought in day two (although this varies by ship apparently)..... Fortunately, Princess package is essentially equivalent to either RCIs Ultimate or Celebrity's Premium, but without either of those price tags...and gratuity is still 15% rather than RCI company's 18%....

Thanks to everyone for all this info. We just booked for Alaska June 2017 and got the free drink package. There's no way it'll be "worth" it for our family's consumption habits, in the sense that they say it's worth $50 a day- but it's still a nice bonus and this helps me start imagining how best to use it.

Thanks to everyone for all this info. We just booked for Alaska June 2017 and got the free drink package. There's no way it'll be "worth" it for our family's consumption habits, in the sense that they say it's worth $50 a day- but it's still a nice bonus and this helps me start imagining how best to use it.

If you booked it under the Sip & Sail promotion, the question is not whether it's worth $50 per day - the question is whether it is worth the amount of OBC that Princess would give you instead under that promotion. I suspect you will find it is worth that much.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

Appreciative of the amount of work which went into this spreadsheet.

It is very helpful ...

And I know I speak for many ... THANK YOU!!!

Makes me smile every time this post pops up again.... It's been doing the rounds for years now.

More of us need to say thank you to the person that created this great tool. It is an awesome tool.

Most look at the package for the alcohol portion....but there really is so very much more to the package.....i.e., bottled water for every port, great coffees and teas....not to mention the fantastic glasses of wine for before dinner, during and after dinner....wink

A big hug to you!!

Thanks for posting this. It confirmed that the package isn't worth it to us. Even with my wildest estimation of how much we could drink in a day (3 mixed drinks, 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine, a liqueur after dinner, and juice and specialty tea), it's still cheaper to buy them à la carte. We did not come close to drinking that much any day on our March cruise on the Ruby.

Your'e not trying hard enough,must do better :)