Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

It looks a basketball climbing net for kids.

So much for having a quieter meal outside at JR. ;) That being said it gives the kiddies something to do while waiting for food at JR. :) I guess it is a great addition to the "carnival theme" of the board walk. I can't wait to see the drunks trying it out at night, or better yet one getting stuck in there.:D

Yorkvillian said it right, don't book a cabin over the Lucky Climber.

The boardwalk isn't a good location if you cannot deal with niose. Between the merry go round, rock climbing walls, waterslides and all the morning through latenight activities, not for evveryone.

i want the sound of the ocean or Central Park!

We did a boardwalk balcony once because the kids and hubby wanted to try it. The kids thought it was great - I will never do it again. I like peace and tranquillity on my balcony and you won't get that in a boardwalk balcony - I knew that beforehand but sacrificed for the family :rolleyes:

Between the screams from the zip line, the aqua theatre shows, the movies, the noisy kids in the teen center, the ping pong, the basketball court and the constant ringing of that d**n bell every time the carousel started just about drove me nuts!

I would try a central park though because that's my favorite area of the ship.

We did a boardwalk balcony once because the kids and hubby wanted to try it. I knew that beforehand but sacrificed for the family :rolleyes:

I would try a central park though because that's my favorite area of the ship.

And this is a prime example to why the wife almost always knows better, but as a man I don't easily admit it to Lisa.;) I sometimes think it is easier for her later on to say, "see, I told you so".

Actually, we enjoyed our BB probably more than any other balcony we have had. It is unique to this class of ship and not something available on other ships, so we decided to go for it on our last Oasis cruise. We found we were drawn to the views of the wake and the constant activity on the Boardwalk. We were in 11329 (last aft cabin) and had a perfect wake view. Plus, I enjoyed watching the shows and practices in the Aquatheater, the zipliners overhead and the movies on the screen from our balcony. You do have to be careful and keep your curtains closed when you want/need privacy (one young man put on quite a show for us one night - but I think it was intentional:rolleyes:)and the bass from the movie screen kept me awake one night when I wanted to go to bed early, but the inconveniences were minor for the experience that this unique cabin gave us. I do enjoy my OV balconies and would not want a BB for every cruise, but on our Oasis cruise it was a lot of fun. We booked our Harmony TA a year out and still missed out on snagging another BB, or I would have done so without a second thought. JMHO.

From the Royal Caribbean Blog

What do you get when you combine art and function on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas? The lucky climber!

Harmony of the Seas will be the first ship to feature the Luckey Climber play area, located at the end of the Boardwalk.

Luckey Climber is a brand of rather large clibming structures that are surrounded by a net, designed for kids to jump on and explore.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to figure out: Is it art or a kid's play thing? Apparently it's both.

What went through my mind was, "don't let Owen climb in there as how would it ever be cleaned of germs".

I'd guess, it won't be (not very often at least). The same way a playground on land, or for that matter a tree, or a rock, or a park bench, or anything else a kid might touch, never gets cleaned. It won't be. But kids (and adults) touch all kinds of stuff like that and survive.

It might be prudent to get them to wash up after their done climbing on it though.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

More purple slide pieces added to the Ultimate Abyss at each end of what has been there for a while. And they've painted part of the Boardwalk 'ceiling'.

be481fcc9abda2a8e8f4c281139dc73d.jpg

All things considered, it's not the eyesore I expected it was going to be.