Buying Cruise Pictures??

Solcris21

Hi All,

I heard that I should hold out on buying the cruise pictures for the end of the cruise because they discount the pictures??? Is this true? Should I hold off on buying any pictures till the end of my cruise? I don't want to miss out on buying the pictures either. My cruise is through Carnival.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I heard that I should hold out on buying the cruise pictures for the end of the cruise because they discount the pictures??? Is this true? Should I hold off on buying any pictures till the end of my cruise? I don't want to miss out on buying the pictures either. My cruise is through Carnival.

Thanks!

It can't hurt to wait, they don't dispose of the pictures until the cruise has ended so you would be able to hold off until the end. If they don't offer a special don't hesitate to ask if one is available or if they will cut a deal.

I have to admit I've never given it any thought to picture prices going down until reading the OP's question. I've always bought pictures that we've posed for throughout the cruise as they become available. Now I'm wondering whether I've missed out on some price reduction opportunities. I'll definitely look for lower prices on our next cruise.

Has anyone actually seen this happen and taken advantage of price reductions or been able to make a deal for lower prices?

Edited by JimAOk1945

No, they do not discount the pictures at the end of the cruise. Some cruise lines will give you a free one after your buy a certain number. I believe HAL used to do that, but did not on my last HAL cruise. EM

Some lines have specials. I know NCl has different sales throughout the cruise, free wallets or 5x7 with purchase... buy so many get a free one ect... but they are usually only good for a set amount of time. So for each sale we'll usually buy one or two of what we really want and then wait to see what the next sale will be.

But no they don't discount the pictures at the end of the cruise, the last day is when most people buy their pictures.

We always buy our sail away picture. Sometimes a few more. I know people say they don't buy them because they think they're expensive but for me you can"t put a price on memories. Sure we've been on lots of cruises, but we still buy at least the sail away picture.

On one of our cruises we waited till the end to purchase the rest of our pictures. I'm not sure what happened,but our one picture we wanted wasn't there. The person in the photo area went through every picture there and it was gone.

And as others have mentioned, some lines will give a special like buy 3 get the 4th free. I'm not sure if all lines do,but some have a special where for x amount of money you get all your pictures for the whole trip.

I guess I will wait till the end, just in case. As long as I don't lose out on the purchasing the pictures before the end of the cruise!

Thanks Guys!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=7 Day Southern Caribbean&date=5-18-2014&text=Long awaited vacation :)&ship=Carnival Valor

My wife goes through the pictures each day and keeps them stacked up behind each other, then on the last night she goes through them all and picks one or two. Never got a discount at the end.

Carnival does not discount photos at the end of the cruise. They do have a program where if you buy X number of photos you get a gift such as a key chain, bag or photo frame.

They say they get rid of all photos on the last day at a certain time. However, on our last cruise we ran into a VERY unhappy couple who had gone an hour before the posted time and all the photos were already being taken down.

This along with the fact that on occasion someone else may take your photo either to buy or move make it wiser to just buy the photos when they are first displayed. There is no reason to wait.

I've never seen them discounted on the last day or night, but if you wait too long you may have to dig through piles to find your pics.

There are sometimes specials, though nothing great. Also, sometimes the coupon books have coupons good for a discount--one of the few coupons we've ever had a use for.

Just returned from a Carnival cruise and stumbled upon the "Frame of Fame" wall. That is a wall that has several pictures of people. If your photo is displayed there, you get it free. I happened to be passing by it, saw the people that ate dinner across from us on elegant night and wanted to let them know they could get their picture free that night. I looked down and there was a picture of me. lol Grabbed the crew member and showed her, she had me ring the bell and gave me my picture for free. So make sure to find that "Frame of Fame" every night. You have to get the picture that day it is displayed.

No end of cruise deals -- they want you to get excited and buy one each night, which is why you are discouraged from gathering up all your copies and reviewing them together, only buying the best ones.

The deals, if any, are offered on additional copies (5x7, 16x20) but you can't buy them unless you also buy the original 8x10.