Latitude question

Yes and no.Depends how you booked it, if you booked it out over 9 months you get extra and a suite you get extra.

So if you booked a 7 day cruise 10 months out you get 7 points for the cruise and 7 points for the bonus.

If you book a suite you get 7 for the cruise and 7 for the bonus.

But if you book a suite over 9 months out you only get 21 points.

Edited by Squidward Q Tentacles

Yes and no...

It is YES. All (real) suites get double points even if booked a week in advance.

FROM NCL WEBSITE:

Earn 1 point for every cruise night.

Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance.

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer

Mini suites do not count.

It is YES. All (real) suites get double points even if booked a week in advance.

Actually, the CORRECT answer to the question asked is "yes and no". However, the reason(s) previously given were not relevant to the answer.

If you book a suite, you get the bonus suite points. Period.

OTOH, if you book something other than a suite, (like an inside, oceanview, balcony, minisuite, or a studio) and later upgrade to a suite, you do NOT get the bonus points.

The suite bonus is only applied to reservations initally booked into a category S or H cabin.

What I tried to say is that a suite booked less than 9 months out is doubled. But a suite booked out over 9 months out is not doubled, it is tripled.

I got that and agree with you. I didn't say the reason was incorrect, I just said it wasn't relevant. The OP's question had nothing to do with the timing of the booking, they only asked if a suite gave double points.

Which it always does...as long as it is the initial cabin booking and not a result of an upgrade from a non-suite category.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There fellow cruiser's

Am I right in thinking you do Not get extra points for Mini Suites ie: Balcony Mini Suite - If so can anyone tell me why this is, I suspect it because the suites and Haven are more expensive so you get extra/Perks but for many people those prices are just to expensive for a weeks holiday, they may have had many cruises with NCL but not got extra points or perks.

Thanks

Juls1964:)

I thought I'd just see if this is correct to clarify what's a suite and what's not.

Stateroom designations - H *- Haven stateroom (double Lat. points)

S - Suite stateroom (non-haven) (double Lat. Points)

M *- Mini suite (large balcony not a suite)

B *- Balcony

O - Ocean view

I - Interior

T - Studio

*This indicates there are also Spa staterooms in each designation.

Does this look correct?

OTOH, if you book something other than a suite, (like an inside, oceanview, balcony, minisuite, or a studio) and later upgrade to a suite, you do NOT get the bonus points.

The suite bonus is only applied to reservations initally booked into a category S or H cabin.

Sorry, but not always true! Upgraded from BA to an SF last year on the Jewel... suite points were awarded.

Edited by triptolemus

Let me see if I can really muddle this up more than a bit !

Basically you get 1 Latitude point for every night of the cruise.

You book over 9 months out and get an extra Latitude point for every night of the cruise.

Book a Suite or better and get double Latitude points for every night of the cruise.

I.E. 10 day cruise - booked 9 months out in a Suite

10 base points

10 bonus points - 9 month booking

20 points for a suite

GRAND TOTAL OF 40 Latitude points

LATITUDE POINTS Membership Tiers

Bronze 1-19 points

Silver 20-47 points

Gold 48-75 points

Platinum 76+ points

If this is the first cruise on NCL you would be SILVER at the END of the cruise ! Nice Jump !

Is there away to check online how many points I have? I first started cruising with NCL in 1993. Do these points count? In 2008 and 2012 I was in an owners suite and a penthouse respectively. Were the suite points doubled?

I counted the number of points. What are the perks for gold?

Edited by Susie51

Let me see if I can really muddle this up more than a bit !

Basically you get 1 Latitude point for every night of the cruise.

You book over 9 months out and get an extra Latitude point for every night of the cruise.

Book a Suite or better and get double Latitude points for every night of the cruise.

I.E. 10 day cruise - booked 9 months out in a Suite

10 base points

10 bonus points - 9 month booking

20 points for a suite

GRAND TOTAL OF 40 Latitude points

LATITUDE POINTS Membership Tiers

Bronze 1-19 points

Silver 20-47 points

Gold 48-75 points

Platinum 76+ points

If this is the first cruise on NCL you would be SILVER at the END of the cruise ! Nice Jump !

Nope.

10 base points

10 bonus points for booking 9 months out

10 bunus points for booking a suite

Grand total = 30

Is there away to check online how many points I have? I first started cruising with NCL in 1993. Do these points count? In 2008 and 2012 I was in an owners suite and a penthouse respectively. Were the suite points doubled?

You will have to go to NCL.com and create an account. Once done, log in and click on My Account, then Latitudes. It may or may not recognize you and it may already list your previous trips. If it doesn't (says 0 points) you can use the lookup tool that will very likely find your 2008 and 2012 trips. It probably won't find your 1993 stuff, but you can contact them and try to get it added.

Edited by triptolemus

Yes, on my ncl.com you can check your latitude points and cruise history.

Actually, the CORRECT answer to the question asked is "yes and no". However, the reason(s) previously given were not relevant to the answer.

If you book a suite, you get the bonus suite points. Period.

The same is true if you book with CAS, If you are comped an inside/Ov/Balcony or a minisuite and you upgrade to a full suite (S or H) you only get the points on what your original comp level was.

We did some strategic planning...We're doing an 11 day trip on the Jade. We booked a suite, 11 months out, and it was a Latitudes special. Grand total: 44 points

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Nope.

10 base points

10 bonus points for booking 9 months out

10 bunus points for booking a suite

Grand total = 30

Bonus Suite Point disagreement - others have indicated that a suite gets double

points (bonus or otherwise) - some of these posters have a lot of wisdom

to share based on their longevity and posts here at CC.

Not much of a deal on a 10 day cruise the first time cruiser is still going to be

in the Silver Tier - now move that to a 14 day cruise and bumps the points

into the Gold Tier level. Talk about a fast track to Platinum and the rewards/

benefits of that frequent cruiser class !

Bonus Suite Point disagreement - others have indicated that a suite gets double

points (bonus or otherwise) - some of these posters have a lot of wisdom

to share based on their longevity and posts here at CC.

Not much of a deal on a 10 day cruise the first time cruiser is still going to be

in the Silver Tier - now move that to a 14 day cruise and bumps the points

into the Gold Tier level. Talk about a fast track to Platinum and the rewards/

benefits of that frequent cruiser class !

Double points for suites means that you get 2 points for each night (I.e., an extra point for each night). Your calculation gives 3 points for each suite night. That is incorrect.

• 4 weeks later...