New AQ Benefit -- Embarkation Brunch in Blu?

panmalv

There is a post on the roll call for this week's Summit to Bermuda that says Aqua Class passengers were "ushered right to Blu" on embarkation. There was a special brunch menu -- the menu photo is not legible but folks describe a mix of breakfast and lunch foods. This sounds like a very nice idea -- I hope they keep it up!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1854471&page=78

There goes the only day I'm hungry enough to eat lunch in Bistro on 5. :p

Seriously, it'll be SO nice to have somewhere quiet to start the cruise. What a LOVELY new Idea!

Edited by chamima

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this...and hopeful that it is still happening in October!

My goal is to never set foot in the buffet so the only option that appeals to me is Bistro 5 (which would be perfectly fine).

Thanks for sharing!

We are in AQ class on the Millennium next month -- hopefully, Blu will be open for us on embarkation day. Just wondering though ---- if Blu has tables so close together, where would everyone put their carry-on luggage while dining??????????

Add me to the list of those who think this is a great idea. I would love to see it on Reflection on May 23rd, the buffet and upper decks are always such a zoo on embarkation day. Celebrity, I hope you are listening.........

We are in AQ class on the Millennium next month -- hopefully, Blu will be open for us on embarkation day. Just wondering though ---- if Blu has tables so close together, where would everyone put their carry-on luggage while dining??????????

In the hallway outside?

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Add me to the list of those who think this is a great idea. I would love to see it on Reflection on May 23rd, the buffet and upper decks are always such a zoo on embarkation day. Celebrity, I hope you are listening.........

Let us know!! We are cruising on the Reflection in July. We will probably won't have access to this brunch as suite guests. ;) Guess that I will have to go to Bistro on 5....:)

It really is a good idea. The buffet is just insane that day. Extra Blu touches are a good idea now that the category is pricey again.

We send the large carry on with the check in and just carry a small bag on board. I imagine larger luggage can find a spot.

Edited by hulamoon

In the hallway outside?

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Hummmmm. Dining in Blue for lunch is a nice idea just not sure I would want to leave a carryon that might contain some valuables unattended.

Here's the image that was included in the other thread.

attachment.php?attachmentid=312792&d=1400170960

It blew up much better when I read it on my Smartphone so I was able to figure out some of it. It looks like

Appetizers:

Can't figure out the first one, maybe polenta?

House cured citrus salmon

Green lentil soup

Waldorf salad

Entrees:

Eggs Benedict

Vanilla pancakes

Confit duck leg salad (? not positive about it being salad)

Five spice crusted tuna

Cheese tart

Some sort of strip loin

Desserts:

Warm chocolate pudding

Lemon tart

I'm going to be on Summit next month and just upgraded to AQ this week when the price dropped. I was planning on doing Bistro for lunch when we got on board but now we'll definitely do Blu instead.

Edited by MisterBill99

Here's the image that was included in the other thread.

attachment.php?attachmentid=312792&d=1400170960

It blew up much better when I read it on my Smartphone so I was able to figure out some of it. It looks like

Appetizers:

Can't figure out the first one, maybe polenta?

House cured citrus salmon

Green lentil soup

Waldorf salad

Entrees:

Eggs Benedict

Vanilla pancakes

Confit duck leg salad (? not positive about it being salad)

Five spice crusted tuna

Cheese tart

Some sort of strip loin

Desserts:

Warm chocolate pudding

Lemon tart

I'm going to be on Summit next month and just upgraded to AQ this week when the price dropped. I was planning on doing Bistro for lunch when we got on board but now we'll definitely do Blu instead.

Thank you for posting this. I have already made my choices !!