Hotels close to Ft. Lauderdale port

Singer4Him

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel that offers a free shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise port? We are flying in the evening before, so we don't need anything fancy. Just a place to sleep, breakfast in the morning, and hopefully free transportation.

Check to see if these still offer free shuttle to port and from airport:

Comfort Suites, S. Federal Hwy

Hampton Inn, Stirling Rd

Hampton Inn, Plantation

Comfort/Quality Inn (not sure which is current name), Stirling Rd

Courtyard Inn, Dania

Holiday Inn Express, Davie Rd

Hilton Garden Inn, Dania

Cambria Suites, Dania

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel that offers a free shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise port? We are flying in the evening before, so we don't need anything fancy. Just a place to sleep, breakfast in the morning, and hopefully free transportation.

I booked the Hyatt Place through Valuetrips for $99.00 ! It was wonderful- huge rooms with large couch, refrig, 2 dressing areas, very nice free breakfast, close to large shopping center and only $7 pp to port. Shuttle from airport is Free!

Staff was super friendly, and very helpful when airline delivered luggage late at night due to getting it lost.

It was clean, comfortable and would definitely stay again!

Angie :)

was in ft. Lauderdale last year and saw the atlantic hotel. Has any body stayed there? It is near the beach which I like. The price I have checked on is not bad, but I never read any reviews on the hotel.

was in ft. Lauderdale last year and saw the atlantic hotel. Has any body stayed there? It is near the beach which I like. The price I have checked on is not bad, but I never read any reviews on the hotel.

Gorgeous hotel!

I booked the Hilton Marina for the day before our cruise because it was close to the port. I did look at the Hilton Beach resort. We will be arriving early the day before the cruise so now I'm having second thought about what we will do all day at Hilton Marina and we're will we go to diner without a car.

Thoughts? How much is the taxi from Hilton Beach Resort to the pier?

I booked the Hilton Marina for the day before our cruise because it was close to the port. I did look at the Hilton Beach resort. We will be arriving early the day before the cruise so now I'm having second thought about what we will do all day at Hilton Marina and we're will we go to diner without a car.

There's a water taxi stop right at the Hilton Marina. Spend a portion of the day 'sightseeing' on the water taxi and then you can use it again to go to dinner (some restaurants even give discounts with a water taxi ticket). http://www.watertaxi.com

The Water Taxi has a Groupon going for the next day and a half. Half price for two people. http://www.groupon.com/deals/water-taxi

We originally booked the Beach Resort but switched to the Marina today to utilize the taxi. We'd prefer the Beach Resort but we're only staying for one night so we figured we would see the sights. With two sea days for our cruise we'll have plenty of time onboard for pool time.

I booked the Hyatt Place through Valuetrips for $99.00 ! It was wonderful- huge rooms with large couch, refrig, 2 dressing areas, very nice free breakfast, close to large shopping center and only $7 pp to port. Shuttle from airport is Free!

Staff was super friendly, and very helpful when airline delivered luggage late at night due to getting it lost.

Angie :)

While we also liked the Hyatt Place, theie website no longer indicates a free airport shuttle. Are you certain it still is free?

DaveOKC

How was the shuttle to and from the port? Was it prompt or did you have to wait?

So I booked a room a the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th. The website said within walking distance to the cruise port.. is it really now? Trying to figure out if we can actually walk there or pay for a taxi or shuttle to the port..

I know exactly where the hotel is located and yes, it is near the port.

But, in my experience (sailing from PE over 11 years) I would never

recommend walking to whatever ship you are sailing.....it is just not

what I consider "Pedestrian Friendly". So many cars, trucks, etc....

remember, Port Everglades is not just cruise ships......barges, etc...

Please take a cab. It shouldn't be more than 10 bucks.

Both Hiltons are nice. Hilton Marina is within a closer walk to more restaurants but you can walk to restaurants from both. The Hilton Beach Resort has a popular bar/restaurant that specializes in small plates (S3). Taxi from there to the port is about $20. The beach hotel is much newer than the other, but Hilton Marina is very modernly renovated. It's just a matter of do you want to be by the port or by the beach, and do you want to go on the Water Taxi?

Edited by royalcruz

How was the shuttle to and from the port? Was it prompt or did you have to wait?

Just take a taxi when you want to go. We were just there in March and it was much easier taking a taxi as they just drive you to your ship, no waiting on others being dropped off at other ships. Cost was around $15 for the four of us in one cab.

snow bunny

The Water Taxi has a Groupon going for the next day and a half. Half price for two people. http://www.groupon.com/deals/water-taxi

We originally booked the Beach Resort but switched to the Marina today to utilize the taxi. We'd prefer the Beach Resort but we're only staying for one night so we figured we would see the sights. With two sea days for our cruise we'll have plenty of time onboard for pool time.

Thanks for this information. Just bought the pass for my October cruise with DD. We arrive around 2pm so will head down from the Hyatt Place once we freshen up and spend a couple of hours sight seeing. It was only a 15 minute walk to the taxi spot from the hotel.

snow bunny