Singer4Him

Make sure you book the SE 17th St locations:

Renaissance

Hyatt Pier 66

Extended Stay

Holiday Inn Express

Embassy Suites

on SE 10th Ave:

Hyatt Place Convention Center (ValueTrips has great prices here)

a mile away:

Comfort Suites, S. Federal Hwy

And for great rates try using "Last Minute Travel Club" usually free membership..We and many other's on this board have used this online website with great success !!

And for great rates try using "Last Minute Travel Club" usually free membership..We and many other's on this board have used this online website with great success !!

Thanks! I've used LMT before and have been looking again for this trip but just not sure what's actually close to the port. Which area would you suggest looking other than Port Everglades?

Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport?

Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport?

Convention Center?

North Ft. Lauderdale?

Since I've never been there, I have no idea of where these places are in reference to the port.

Thanks to everyone who has posted!!

Thanks! I've used LMT before and have been looking again for this trip but just not sure what's actually close to the port. Which area would you suggest looking other than Port Everglades?

Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport?

Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport?

Convention Center?

North Ft. Lauderdale?

Since I've never been there, I have no idea of where these places are in reference to the port.

Thanks to everyone who has posted!!

The convention center and port everglades are fine, as is the airport area but you're not going to be as close to stuff as if you actually look at the places we suggested.

North Ft Lauderdale is not going to help you, nor will FLL exec airport...

Stick with beach, convention center, port everglades and you're fine

The convention center and port everglades are fine, as is the airport area but you're not going to be as close to stuff as if you actually look at the places we suggested.

North Ft Lauderdale is not going to help you, nor will FLL exec airport...

Stick with beach, convention center, port everglades and you're fine

Thank you so much!!!

My top favorite is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, absolutely an outstanding hotel with wonderful service in all aspects.

Second choice would be the Lago Mar. Beautiful, secluded location, feels like you are in another continent and everything is right there. Great time walking down the beach to watch the ships leave the port.

Third would be the Hilton Marina. Rooms are small but everything else at the hotel was very nice.

Fourth would be the Galleria One by the mall. Great apartment style rooms (2 room suites), great views, close to the mall obviously.

Hope this helps,

:p

Edited by Esmerelda

FYI, I too am sailing from FLL in Aug., and some of the hotels are already pretty booked up, if not sold out. I was told Embassy was sold out by the Call Center, luckily I've stayed there a few times before so I called directly to the manager and he got me in.:D

But if your stay is a weekend I'd call sooner rather than later.;)

My top favorite is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, absolutely an outstanding hotel with wonderful service in all aspects.

Second choice would be the Lago Mar. Beautiful, secluded location, feels like you are in another continent and everything is right there. Great time walking down the beach to watch the ships leave the port.

Third would be the Hilton Marina. Rooms are small but everything else at the hotel was very nice.

Fourth would be the Galleria One by the mall. Great apartment style rooms (2 room suites), great views, close to the mall obviously.

Hope this helps,

:p

This is a great list!

Thanks BlueHerons. I'm the type that I would rather pay extra for a really nice place. We travel so far (from Ohio) to go on our cruises, that we plan a few extra days prior to our cruise. I call it my pre-vacay before vacay. : )

I'm a silver Hilton Honors member and have stayed in a lot of Hiltons, the FLL Beach Resort is probably one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff are beyond stellar. It's close to many great restaurants within walking distance and the nightlife is just a block or two walk away as well. Walking down on the strip in the evening and having dinner with the ocean breeze in your hair just makes for a great evening.

Be sure to read reviews no matter where you decide to stay. I go to Trip Advisor and read at least 20 current reviews. It's always been very helpful.

Best of luck on your planning!:D

Thanks BlueHerons. I'm the type that I would rather pay extra for a really nice place. We travel so far (from Ohio) to go on our cruises, that we plan a few extra days prior to our cruise. I call it my pre-vacay before vacay. : )

I'm a silver Hilton Honors member and have stayed in a lot of Hiltons, the FLL Beach Resort is probably one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff are beyond stellar. It's close to many great restaurants within walking distance and the nightlife is just a block or two walk away as well. Walking down on the strip in the evening and having dinner with the ocean breeze in your hair just makes for a great evening.

Be sure to read reviews no matter where you decide to stay. I go to Trip Advisor and read at least 20 current reviews. It's always been very helpful.

Best of luck on your planning!:D

I'm so glad to read the vote of confidence from you and BlueHerons. This is my first time staying in FLL and I'm glad we went with the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort.

Blueherons, I'm excited to try that restaurant out. I don't believe it was there on our last stay (unless I just don't recall it). I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

:D

So I booked a room a the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th. The website said within walking distance to the cruise port.. is it really now? Trying to figure out if we can actually walk there or pay for a taxi or shuttle to the port..

Sorry to hijack....what are your opinions of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort? It's on the beach and relatively close to the Port

We stayed at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, (not the resort) before our cruise in September. There were mixed reviews, but we decided to stay there anway. We booked the "WATER VIEW - MARINA TOWER ROOM- BALCONY" We looked at 3 rooms before our Bellman "Joel" fought to find us the PERFECT room. From our room, we could see the main waterway, the intercoastal waterways, the Water Taxi stop, yachts, and around 2 am the morning of our cruise, we woke up to see the lights of our ship Oasis ease into port. What an exciting moment. When we woke up the next morning, there she was. From our balcony we could see her right from our room. If you stay there in the Tower, make sure that you stay on the 10th floor or above facing the draw bridge. We also would sit on our balcony and watch the traffic on the bridge stop as the bridge raised. We didn't eat at the hotel, but we were there 2 days before our cruise and spend most of our time out and about.

Edited by ibfishing2

So I booked a room a the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th. The website said within walking distance to the cruise port.. is it really now? Trying to figure out if we can actually walk there or pay for a taxi or shuttle to the port..

It is within walking distance (assuming the weather is cooperating - not raining and not too hot and humid) but the port is massive and very industrial so walking in the port will be problematic depending on which terminal you are leaving from. Check out the map on the Port Everglades website http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf and then check it out on Google Earth. A taxi will be inexpensive and, with 2 or more passengers, cheaper than a shuttle.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel that offers a free shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise port? We are flying in the evening before, so we don't need anything fancy. Just a place to sleep, breakfast in the morning, and hopefully free transportation.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel that offers a free shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise port? We are flying in the evening before, so we don't need anything fancy. Just a place to sleep, breakfast in the morning, and hopefully free transportation.

We stayed at the Red Carpet Inn and found it suitable. They were low priced and had a free shuttle from and to the port. Since we had a day between cruises, we didn't ask about a shuttle from the airport, but I believe it was also free. They have a restaurant in the building, and we thought the food was good.

That was a couple of years ago, so check their website if it interests you.

Edited by swedish weave