Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Heads up on possible Iceland air, hotel & transportation strike.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213459

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keflavik Airport has now posted the following:

oops sorry I had no idea Norway was on strike too:confused:

Edited by ISLABONITA

Taxa to mid town is around 300-350 kroner

Hotel to Oceankaj is 200-250 kroner.

Oceankaj to airport is 450-500 kroner

I have done taxi trips before when when I had a Visa debet card without chip and pin but If that´s still the case I don´t know.

Better ask the driver before the trip if they accept the card you have.

There should be plenty of taxies at the pier and airport but at the hotel you should probably get the reception to call a taxi for you.

Thank you so much !!:)

Is the duo ticket the Øresund Familie ticket? Then yes its the cheapest ticket to get over the sound.

The easiest way go get there is by taking bus 25 or 27 to Østerport, as my guide shows 25 will get you closer to the ticket hall but its not a huge difference.

From here there will be a train every 20th minute to Sweden, in the rush hour there will be one every 10th minute.

Thank you for your quick response.

Hello

We (a couple) will be ending our cruise on the Regal Princess in Copenhagen. The ship arrives at Oceankaj at 5 am on a Sunday morning.

We need to then travel to Copenhagen Airport for a flight at 8 am the same morning and plan to take a taxi from Oceankaj directly to Copenhagen Airport.

Could you please let me know if this will be at all doable? I would love to hear if anyone has done the same or had experience disembarking the Princess line cruiseships at Oceankaj. Would love to hear how long the whole process is and whether we could get to the Copenhagen Airport by 6.30 am or so?

We realise that we will need to ask the cruise ship if we can be one of the first off the ship and be ready to go. There are very few train/flight alternatives on this Sunday until much later in the day so we really would like to make the 8 am flight.

Many thanks in advance.

Danish Viking, you have posted such wonderful and helpful information about getting to Oceankaj, but I'm still not certain if there is an advantage to taking bus 25 or bus 27 from Osterport. And if you've already answered that question and I missed it, my apologies.

We will be arriving to Osterport by train from the central station on a Saturday, if that impacts the decision which bus to take.

Hello

We (a couple) will be ending our cruise on the Regal Princess in Copenhagen. The ship arrives at Oceankaj at 5 am on a Sunday morning.

We need to then travel to Copenhagen Airport for a flight at 8 am the same morning and plan to take a taxi from Oceankaj directly to Copenhagen Airport.

Could you please let me know if this will be at all doable? I would love to hear if anyone has done the same or had experience disembarking the Princess line cruiseships at Oceankaj. Would love to hear how long the whole process is and whether we could get to the Copenhagen Airport by 6.30 am or so?

We realise that we will need to ask the cruise ship if we can be one of the first off the ship and be ready to go. There are very few train/flight alternatives on this Sunday until much later in the day so we really would like to make the 8 am flight.

Many thanks in advance.

I don't know if my experience last Sunday (May 24) was the exception or the new norm (compared to the chaos described in posts about Oceankaj last year), but I can say at 8-9 AM there looked to be plenty of taxis available at Regal Princess. It may have been a different story a couple of hours earlier with the first independent travellers. There were definitely not too many people waiting for the bus like we did, after 8 AM.

Actually most of the passengers I saw seemed to be getting onto the big transfer shuttle buses, despite being so expensive for such a short trip ($44 per person, or thereabouts).

Transportation through the city centre was supposedly affected by that morning's Copenhagen Marathon, but I suspect it was also light traffic just due to being a Sunday (non workday, non-rush hour).

Edited by cityguy300

Danish Viking, you have posted such wonderful and helpful information about getting to Oceankaj, but I'm still not certain if there is an advantage to taking bus 25 or bus 27 from Osterport. And if you've already answered that question and I missed it, my apologies.

25 is maybe 5-10 minutes quicker as it goes directly.

27 could stop at around 12 bus stops on the way and has to take a detour around the ferry terminal as Søndre Frihavn and Færgehavn Nord before getting to Oceankaj.

Okay, thanks. I went to Rejseplanen, and I see the route I need to take from Central Station to Osterport and then to Bus 25 on 6/6.

I assumed it would be the exact opposite on the return trip, but Rejseplanen is not showing any bus leaving Oceankaj going to Osterport on 6/13. It doesn't mention Bus 25 at all, only 26 and 27, and they go to Nordhavn. It mentions a 12 minute walk, which normally I wouldn't mind, but would prefer not to dragging luggage. Am I missing something?

I have never seen a taxi at Nordhavn so if I was you I will try to get one at Nørreport or Østerport instead.

we're staying right on linnesgade in the block between norreport station and the botanical gardens. where should we look for a taxi? do we have to walk out to oster voldgade or is there a spot on frederiksborggade? does 150 dkk sound about right for the fare? thanks dv

Danish Viking - thank you so much for taking the time to post so much information about Copenhagen on these forums. It is greatly appreciated. Could you please tell me if there is anything incorrect about my plan, as follows?

I am embarking on Friday, June 26 and going to the ship from the AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen. I will have a City Pass 24 hour (zones 1, 2, 3, and 4 - DKK80 per adult, my one child is free) which was purchased the previous evening. From the hotel, I will walk to the Metro station and take the M1 line towards Vanlose Station. After an 11 minute journey, I will get off at Norreport Station. I will exit onto the street, cross the road, and identify the bus stop for bus #25 (aka "cruise shuttle"), which runs between 8:00am and 4:00pm, every 20-30 minutes. After a 20 minute journey on the bus, I will get off at the terminal stop, which is Oceankaj Terminal, at which point I will see the Regal Princess.

Upon return to Copenhagen on Tuesday, July 7, I have a 12:50pm flight. I will disembark the ship and then take bus #25 to Norreport Station. From Norreport station, I will get off the bus and enter the Metro Station. I will take the M2 line towards Lufthavnen Station, which departs approximately every 6 minutes. After a 15 minute journey on the Metro, I will get off at the terminal stop, Lufthavnen Station (Copenhagen Kastrup Airport). For this trip I will need to purchase a 3-zone ticket (DKK36 per adult, my one child is free).

My other question - am I able to purchase that 3-zone ticket for July 7 when I am in Copenhagen the first time, 12 days earlier? I assume it is not validated until put into a machine on the date of travel?

Thanks so much! :)

I only have 2 comments.

Its not possible anymore to get your tickets time stamped (or what's its called).

So your options are to either pay for a ticket at the town shop near the bus terminal but they only seems to have 2 zone tickets as so that would be 48 kroner instead.

Or you have some Danish currencies ready and pay for a 3 zone ticket in the bus.

Or pay on your phone, look at dinoffentligetransport.dk and switch to English.

When you travel to the airport and if the 27 arrives first you can just get off at the end station at Østerport and take the airport train from there.

Else I would say that you have done a good job researching this. :)

As I got alot of repeated question about transportation I will just remind people of looking at page 8 for timetables of bus 26 and 27, its 2 separate post as they was announced 2 weeks apart.

On on page 11 there is my guide to find the bus at Nørreport and Østerport.

As you probably have noticed then bus 25 and 27 stops at different places at Østerport and only 25 stops at Nørreport.

Thanks ...

I had plotted out using 26 and 27 from near the Central Train Station, i.e. from the Hotel Savoy on Vesterbrogade, and the 25 in this Forum above looks interesting, but at http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/Pages/Kort.aspx? (Vis pa Kort), I only get routes 250S, 253, and 255, and I guess that the 25 doesn't go from near the hotel.

However, we are going direct to the airport after our cruise, so the 25 looks right for that??? It's nice to just get the suitcase onto a bus, and not have to contend with steps from a train platform.

Thanks again for your aid on this Forum,

dg

Found it on Rejseplanen.

Only seems to run from Oceankaj to Norreport at 1040 and 1340 daily.

25 Oceankaj

to Nørreport St.

valid from 07.06.2015 to 02.09.2015

Monday - Friday Saturday Sunday

Hour Minutes

10: 40 10: 40 10: 40

11: 11: 11:

12: 12: 12:

13: 40 13: 40 13: 40

Looks like the 27 is best, and the picture you have is great to assure my wife that the walk from the bus to the port is short.

I didn't give up searching, and found this at Cruiseportwiki:

Update May 2015 - From May 2 to Oct 1 2015, new bus route 25 will run between Norreport and Oceankaj when cruise ships are in port. From Moviatrafik.dk: When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will be operating between Nørreport Station and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) with stop at Østerport Station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) from 8 AM until 4 PM approximately every 20-30 minutes. It is also possible to use bus 27 to and from Oceankaj - the 27 operates between Oceankaj and Østerport Station. See the timetable for more information. http://*******/jkWMI9

Update Apr 2015 - Starting Apr 26 2015, bus route 27 will travel from Osterport station to Oceankaj seven days a week from approx 6am to 7pm (8am to 6pm weekends) replacing that portion of the route previously traveled by the old route 26. Route 27 schedule here. http://*******/IeMKw9

At Oceankaj, one way tickets valid to the city Centre or Copenhagen Airport can be purchased at Town Shop (direct across from Terminal 1 and on the way to the stop) before boarding bus 25.

Found it on Rejseplanen.

Only seems to run from Oceankaj to Norreport at 1040 and 1340 daily.

25 Oceankaj

to Nørreport St.

valid from 07.06.2015 to 02.09.2015

Monday - Friday Saturday Sunday

Hour Minutes

10: 40 10: 40 10: 40

11: 11: 11:

12: 12: 12:

13: 40 13: 40 13: 40

Looks like the 27 is best, and the picture you have is great to assure my wife that the walk from the bus to the port is short.

jagcsm - I found that Rejseplanen does not show bus #25's frequency correctly. The bus is supposed to run every 20-30 minutes, so there is no way there are only two scheduled departures all day.

When you travel to the airport and if the 27 arrives first you can just get off at the end station at Østerport and take the airport train from there.

Danish Viking, thank you for replying. If I take bus #27 to Østerport, then will I have to deal with stairs? I know you mentioned that Norreport has elevators. I am not travelling light - 4 pieces of luggage, of which 3 are checked baggage size.

Edited by A.Emgee

Yes that is correct, so if you want to avoid stairs then only 25 is a possibility because at Østerport it stops near the ticket hall where you can find elevators.

If you end up with the 27 bus you can just walk along the street until you reach the ticket hall on your right hand.

Just a note regarding these master plans for bus transport.

I had the same idea last year in Le Havre, where I was going to get the hourly local bus service to Honfleur. We just missed one bus, but bought tickets for the next one. We repaired to a local bar, and forty minutes later went back to the bus station.

There were around fifty other fellow passengers from our mega-cruise ship in the queue in front of us, and the buses were only single-deckers, holding maybe sixty.

We realised we were on a fool's errand, and so got refunds from the bus station, and went back to the ship where we were on an all-inclusive drinks package and spent the rest of the day there.