Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Hello Danish Viking,

I just saw this thread and am trying to catch up with all the posts. Could you please advise on the following?

We will be arriving on a Saturday, 7 May, and will need to go to AC Hotel Bella Sky. We plan to purchase the 24-hour city pass (80 DKK) to use. This is the route we plan to take: Take the DSB line from the airport to Orestad and then take M1 from Orestad to Bella Center to get to AC Hotel Bella Sky.

The next day to get to Oceankaj, we plan to take M1 from Bella Center, get off at Kongens Nytorv to take Bus 26 and then transfer to Bus 27 at Osterport. Is this the best way?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hello Danish Viking,

Is it difficult or take long time to get a taxi to the airport on disembarkation? Is it difficult to drag large luggage onto the #26 bus?

Also, how much is the taxi fare from C330 to the mermaid statue?

Thanks

Edited by Amowagou

• 4 weeks later...

We did not take a HO/HO tour in Copenhagen, opting instead to self-tour (for the most part) on our own for two days (one day at the beginning and one day at the end of our cruise). We did a 3-hour walking tour with Copenhagen Free Walking tours which we very much enjoyed, but the rest of our time was spent sightseeing on our own. We found Copenhagen easy to see that way.

If you enjoy getting around on your own, either by foot or bus, and doing some research on what to see and do in Copenhagen, you would probably enjoy a DIY trip. But if you prefer not to walk or use public transportation and/or prefer to have an organized tour, you would probably enjoy the HO/HO bus.

Thank you. what about the hop on hop off buses?

Hop on and off bus is good only if there is a stop near by your hotel, otherwise, you might as well buy a regular transit pass or a Copenhagen Card.

We have one day in Copenhagen on 24,June. We have planned the 3 hour Free Tour starting at 10 AM and will take bus 26 from the Cruise terminal to get to the starting point at City Hall. After the tour we wish to venture around on our own. Should we just pay as we go for transportation or is there a 1 day pass of some sort?

Bus 26 doesn´t go from Oceankaj, you need to take bus 25 or 27 to Østerport and take bus 26 from there.

A single ticket cost 24 kroner and the City Pass cost 80 kroners for 24 hours so unless you take 4 bus/train trips is not gonna be useful for you.

But you can buy it on the phone.

http://www.citypass.dk/

Here are the busy weekdays at Oceankaj where they expect a lot of traffic because of cruise traffic, all the warehouses are open, transport to the infill. etc etc etc.

Weekends are not counted as the normal traffic is reduced.

Tuesday 17. maj

Tuesday 21. juni

Friday 1. juli

Monday 4. juli

Wednesday 6. juli

Wednesday 13. juli

Thursday 28. juli

Monday 8. august

Tuesday 9. august

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all the information you have provided.

It appears that during the Jazz Festival (1-10 July), there is a special discounted public transport ticket, DK 30 for 12 hours that covers the city area.

http://www.eventbillet.dk/events/jazz-2016/

http://www.eventbillet.dk/en/

But given that our embarkation day (4 July) is on a busy day that you just pointed out, we may consider catching a taxi rather than trying public transport. Our Airbnb apartment is near the Islands Brygge metro station. Do you think we can just grab a taxi (big enough for 6 people plus luggage) on the street, or should we be calling one?

Its not possible to prebook a taxi for the Oceankaj terminals, its first come first served.

But the taxi will sit in the same traffic as the bus so you might try that one out and this heavy traffic is only on the road in and out of the Nordhavn area so the busses shouldn't be more busy.

Its summer so the locale are either on holiday or taking their bide on work (unless its Rain) so there should be more space on the busses and trains compared to other months.

Its not possible to prebook a taxi for the Oceankaj terminals, its first come first served.

But the taxi will sit in the same traffic as the bus so you might try that one out and this heavy traffic is only on the road in and out of the Nordhavn area so the busses shouldn't be more busy.

Its summer so the locale are either on holiday or taking their bide on work (unless its Rain) so there should be more space on the busses and trains compared to other months.

Thanks for that Danish Viking. But we're heading to the port for embarkation on the day (not disembarking). You made a great point about there being more space on public transport! Thank you.

• 9 months later...

This post is so helpful. We are coming in on 5/5/17 to oceankag and want to take public transportation to the airport. Our flight is at 12:35. Is this doable? What is the best way? How to get ticket and is it 3 zones? If we take a bus to the metro, do we need a transfer? Is there a time limit to use the ticket?

This post is so helpful. We are coming in on 5/5/17 to oceankag and want to take public transportation to the airport. Our flight is at 12:35. Is this doable? What is the best way? How to get ticket and is it 3 zones? If we take a bus to the metro, do we need a transfer? Is there a time limit to use the ticket?

Yes, it's totally possible to use public transportation from Oceankaj to the airport and catch a flight at 12:35 pm. We did this for our flight which departed at 12:20 pm and got to the airport with tons of time. (We actually sat around for over an hour before our flight boarded.)

We did self-debarkation and were off our HAL ship by 8:00 am. We boarded the #25 bus (the special tourist bus) which departed around 8:30-8:45 am. We got off the bus at Norreport and took the Metro to the airport. We arrived at the airport, checked our bags, went through passport control and were sitting at the gate by 10:30am.

You will need a Zone 3 ticket and you can buy it from the bus driver. The ticket is good for an hour and that's plenty of time to get you from Oceankaj to the airport. The cost of a Zone 3 ticket is DKK 36.

Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. From what I understand bus 27 goes to osterport and 25 goes to osterport and Norreport. From your posting it looks like if we're on 25 we should get off at Osterport. I have a question about buying your ticket on the bus. The Rick Steves guidebook says they accept euros and charge cards, but some postings I read say they only accept small change kroners. Apparently there is a small store near terminal one that you can purchase a ticket, but I didn't want to depend on that. What did you use to purchase your ticket? Also, do you have to put in a machine to get stamped on the bus or is that taken care of when you purchase the ticket from the driver? Your posting really helped us feel comfortable about using the public transportation to get us to the airport in a timely manner!

Very helpful thread!! Thank you to all who provided info. I'm glad I noticed it since the Rick Steves book still lists Bus 26 as the best option and low and behold it is not even an option at all anymore!! It looks like Bus 25 to Norreport is our best option to walk to Rosenborg.

A quick question though: Is it possible to buy the Citypass card on the bus or close by to Oceankaj before boarding? It would not be fun to have to buy a single ride ticket and then pay for the Citypass downtown after we already took one ride.

Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. From what I understand bus 27 goes to osterport and 25 goes to osterport and Norreport. From your posting it looks like if we're on 25 we should get off at Osterport. I have a question about buying your ticket on the bus. The Rick Steves guidebook says they accept euros and charge cards, but some postings I read say they only accept small change kroners. Apparently there is a small store near terminal one that you can purchase a ticket, but I didn't want to depend on that. What did you use to purchase your ticket? Also, do you have to put in a machine to get stamped on the bus or is that taken care of when you purchase the ticket from the driver? Your posting really helped us feel comfortable about using the public transportation to get us to the airport in a timely manner!

I went back to look at my notes and I consulted the Rejseplanen website (which is very useful--I recommend you check it too.) Here's a link to Rejesplanen: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

You have several choices for how to get from Oceankaj to CPH.

1. Take the special 25 bus. (It doesn't show up on Rejseplanen, but it leaves from Oceankaj every 20 - 30 minutes on no set schedule.) It goes to both Osterport and Norreport. If you get off at Osterport, you walk to the train station (about 9 minutes according to Rejsenplanen) and then board a train to CPH.

2. Take the special 25 bus. Stay on until you reach Norreport. Walk across the street and go down to the Metro station. Take the M2 Metro to CPH.

3. Take the regular 27 bus to Osterport. Walk to the train station and take the train to CPH.

Note: We chose option 2 because we were more familiar with the Norreport station and riding the M2. But there's no reason you can't get to the airport from Osterport if you prefer.

Payment--I had also read about buying tickets from the little store outside the cruise area. (I saw it and it looked like a small shipping container.) I was hesitant to rely on getting tickets there on the date of our departure because I was not sure if it would be open as early as we planned to depart. So, we made sure we kept enough DKK from the day before when we had been sightseeing in Copenhagen. (Our ship had an overnight stay in Copenhagen.) We paid DKK to the bus driver, but I think that some of the folks boarding were paying in Euros.

Validation of Ticket: You do not need to do anything to the ticket that you get from the bus driver to validate it. It's good for 1 hour and that's more than enough time to get you to the airport. Just keep it handy in the off-chance you are asked to produce it as you travel. (You'll be fined if you don't have it.)

Very helpful thread!! Thank you to all who provided info. I'm glad I noticed it since the Rick Steves book still lists Bus 26 as the best option and low and behold it is not even an option at all anymore!! It looks like Bus 25 to Norreport is our best option to walk to Rosenborg.

A quick question though: Is it possible to buy the Citypass card on the bus or close by to Oceankaj before boarding? It would not be fun to have to buy a single ride ticket and then pay for the Citypass downtown after we already took one ride.

Here's the info on buying Citypass. It's not going to be available from the bus driver at Oceankaj and there aren't any stations near Oceankaj where you can buy it. But, ordering online is an option.

Here's the info on buying Citypass. It's not going to be available from the bus driver at Oceankaj and there aren't any stations near Oceankaj where you can buy it. But, ordering online is an option.

Thanks for the info!

I saw that one can order online for a mobile pass but I'd really prefer to have a hard copy. Something in me is still leery of "mobile" anything. I want to hold it in my hand and not risk a battery dying. However, I may not have much choice in the case of Copenhagen. I suppose I can buy one before the cruise and just not activate it until the day we dock overnight there at the end?