Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

I'll admit that even I could not found out the timetable for the Øresundstog train :D

So I used Rejseplanen.dk (they have a English menu) and in the middle of the day from the airport to the central station there was these departures.

02, 14, 22, 34, 42 and 54 past the hour, so roughly every 10 minute.

Many thanks for your help.

What would you suggest for getting 6 adults and 4 young children (7 and under) and a small mountain of luggage from the airport to the First Hotel Mayfair? Are there taxis that are larger than sedans? Do you think we could fit into 3 taxis? What is the cost of a taxi from the airport to the hotel?

What about getting from the hotel to the pier, Ocean Quay C330? When we did a cruise from Amsterdam we sent two people with the luggage in a taxi and the rest of us walked. It seems like that wouldn't be an option in Copenhagen because of the distance, but maybe some of us could take the bus/train.

I have gotten a quote for $411.00 to take us from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to the pier, but I am hoping to find a way that is less costly.

Thank you!!!

A minivan will cost around 300 kroner to your hotel and around 200-250 kroner from hotel to pier.

It can only fit 7-8 person's and then we have the luggage issue.

I would do as you suggested to take the luggage and a few adults with the taxi.

As 2 children will travel for free with one adult I would take at least 2 adults with them on the train.

The hotel is located close to the central station so the last part is done on foot.

To the pier you do the same, luggage and most of the adults with the taxi and the rest with train to either Nørreport or Østerport.

For that trip you just follow my guide to use bus 25 or 27.

So its time for the bus guide to Oceankaj.

First we start at Nørreport.

Arriving from the airport or central station with Regiontog or Øresundstog.

Turn left when exiting the train

temporary_zpsrewdfdrc.jpg

When you come up from the elevator or stairs you just continue straight ahead

temporary_zpsqaxn0a4b.jpg

Coming up from the metro platform you have to cross the street and turn left.

temporary_zps99a3v9ng.jpg

The bus stop.

temporary_zpsdblc5fgb.jpg

And a map, its the bus stop next to Tornebuskgade.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/N%C3%B8rreport.pdf

Edited by Danish viking

On the 25 bus aka cruise shuttle

temporary_zps81hyl8hl.jpg

Stopping at Østerport station.

temporary_zps05t1mpsr.jpg

Very important, bus 25 doesn´t stop at the Østerport station, sløjfen bus stop so here we pass it on the street.

temporary_zpsulptz7zq.jpg

The trip ends at Oceankaj bus stop.

temporary_zpspuz5dt94.jpg

To take bus 25 from Østerport you have to walk up to the ticket hall.

This is the platform where the airport train (Øresundstog) arrive on.

temporary_zpsjwfu0izb.jpg

When coming from the S-train you arrive here, just turn left when you exit the building.

temporary_zpsp0fdfu0f.jpg

When outside the building you just pass the supermarked Irma and the outdoor sports store Spejdersport.

temporary_zpsvpuducj1.jpg

Cross the street, there is a hot dog stand just before the crossing if you need anything to eat :D

temporary_zpsxouflmsv.jpg

There is the bus stop towards Oceankaj, the bus stop when arriving from Oceankaj is just to the left of the picture.

temporary_zps3ziqko4t.jpg

Terminal map, The Irma and Spejdersport is were it says Østerport stationscenter.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

To get around at Oceankaj.

Both bus 25 and 27 will drop you off here and then turn around and collect passengers up on the other side of the street.

temporary_zpspuz5dt94.jpg

If you for some reason can´t see the ships there is also a sign :D

temporary_zps8lrem2p6.jpg

The bus stop into Copenhagen, the what I assume is the Town Shop is located to the right in this picture.

temporary_zps1lso1ebq.jpg

temporary_zpsobyobyd8.jpg

I forgot the timetables :rolleyes:

For 25

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/25-0025-080515-r.pdf

Please notice than on the 24th of May the bus will only run between Østerport station Sløjfen and Oceankaj because of the Copenhagen Marathon.

27 from Østerport.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002710000&line_gid=9011200002700000&line_name=27&journey_gid=9025200000030585#navigate

From Oceankaj.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002720000&line_gid=9011200002700000&line_name=27&journey_gid=9025200000048984#navigate

Edited by Danish viking

Danish viking - Thank you for all your effort in providing detailed information and pictures for using public transit to get to Oceankaj. The Copenhagen tourist office should reward you for all you do to aid visitors to the city. Bravo!

Viking, you are a top man! Many taks for your contributions.

We are a group of seven arriving at Oceankaj next month, and would rather not pay Celebrity for a shuttle bus, and don't want to queue for a public bus with 3000 others.

Could we arrange a private taxi van, one way to Stroget and, from say Nyhavn back?

Dear Danish viking,

When (date/time) you took the trip; 2 ships seen at Oceankaj, nobody on the bus?

Well first I was the first in the bus so thats why it looks so empty

The last picture in my post about the bus trip shows roughly how many there where.

It was this Saturday around 14:00 so 2 hours before Serenades departure, Sinfonia first departed at 23:00.

Viking, you are a top man! Many taks for your contributions.

We are a group of seven arriving at Oceankaj next month, and would rather not pay Celebrity for a shuttle bus, and don't want to queue for a public bus with 3000 others.

Could we arrange a private taxi van, one way to Stroget and, from say Nyhavn back?

The only private car company I know is these.

http://limousineservice.dk/tourism/

http://cphlimo.com/en/home

But I saw alot of taxies just waiting to pick up costumers.

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

http://www.taxinord.dk/

Excellent information Danish Viking! This will come in handy when I'm in Copenhagen in July for my Baltic Capitals cruise with NCL.

I've been trying to find where the nearest stop for either bus 25 or 27 is from my hotel, I'll be staying at The Admiral hotel. But I cannot find the bus stops for #25, only for # 26. Do you have a map (or a link) for bus route #25 ? Thanks a lot! :)

25 is a little bit strange because it doesn't have a real timetable and it isn't show on the station maps for Nørreport and Østerport.

But the route is very simple, its just Nørreport, Østerport and Oceankaj and nothing inbetween.

But But but in your case you have 3 options.

Go to the nearby Odd Fellow Palæet bus stop and take bus 26 towards Østerport station, Sløjfen or Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn.

As shown in my photo guide you have two options.

Get off at Østerport station and take 25 from there or continue one stop to Østerport station, Sløjfen and take 27.

Or walk to Kongens Nytorv and take the metro towards Vanløse and get off at Nørreport, from here you take bus 25.

Danish Viking, a BIG thank you for taking the time and trouble to answer all our questions and offer your advice. I can't believe that you even went out of your way to make an actual train and bus trip to take photos so we can have clear directions. You have no idea how much your postings have helped me in sorting out my transportation issues. I was planning on taking a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal but now I feel more confident taking public transportation which will save a lot of money. I still have a few questions and hope you will bear with me further.

My husband and I are flying into Copenhagen at 9 am on June 25 to board the Eurodam that afternoon. We are both in our late 60's, me with a bad knee and DH with an injured shoulder. We will be hauling two large suitcases plus two carry-ons.

1. Which would be easier, the train or the metro, bearing in mind that we have to handle four pieces of luggage? I understand that there are elevators in Terminal 3 but are they easy to find?

2. From your map and photos of Osterport Station, it seems that there is a pedestrian bridge with stairs to negotiate, to get to the bus stop outside. In that case, would you advise getting off at Norreport Station instead? I think you also mentioned that it would be easier to find a seat on the #25 bus at Norreport as that is where it begins.

3. For this trip we will need a 36 kroner (3 zone) ticket which will be good for both the train/metro and the shuttle bus, right?

4. And which bus should we take - #25 or #27? Which one stops at all the terminals at Oceankaj? I'm not sure which terminal the Eurodam will be docked at.

5. If we should decide to take a taxi instead of the bus, is it easier to do so at Osterport or Norreport? I know the fare would be cheaper from Osterport, but is the taxi stand just outside the station on the same level, or do we still have to walk up and down the pedestrian bridge?

I am sorry for all these questions but as it will be the start of the cruise I don't want to break our back taking public transport while trying not to break the bank! Thank you so much!

But But but in your case you have 3 options.

Go to the nearby Odd Fellow Palæet bus stop and take bus 26 towards Østerport station, Sløjfen or Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn.

As shown in my photo guide you have two options.

Get off at Østerport station and take 25 from there or continue one stop to Østerport station, Sløjfen and take 27.

Or walk to Kongens Nytorv and take the metro towards Vanløse and get off at Nørreport, from here you take bus 25.

Thanks a lot! it seems the best option is to take #26 to Østerport, and then #25 from there to Oceanskaj. Looks easy enough.

I forgot the timetables :rolleyes:

Please notice than on the 24th of May the bus will only run between Østerport station Sløjfen and Oceankaj because of the Copenhagen Marathon.

Hello DV, Thank you so so so much for taking your personal time to create this guide. Picture means a thousand words.

We are one of the thousands who will be boarding Regal Princess on May 24th and it falls on a Sunday. From what I understand Bus 25 does not run on Sunday neither. Would you be kind enough to review the directions below and let us know if this is the right route to go?

On May 24th:

From Axel Guldsmeden to Kobenhavn H. Take Oresundstag to Osterport. Then from Osterport St., Slojfen, take Bus 27 towards Ocenkaj.

On June 4th:

From Ocenkaj, take bus 27 to Osterport St., Slojfen. Then from Oresundstag to Copenhagen Airport.

A million Thanks!

Helena

Hello DV, Thank you so so so much for taking your personal time to create this guide. Picture means a thousand words.

We are one of the thousands who will be boarding Regal Princess on May 24th and it falls on a Sunday. From what I understand Bus 25 does not run on Sunday neither. Would you be kind enough to review the directions below and let us know if this is the right route to go?

On May 24th:

From Axel Guldsmeden to Kobenhavn H. Take Oresundstag to Osterport. Then from Osterport St., Slojfen, take Bus 27 towards Ocenkaj.

On June 4th:

From Ocenkaj, take bus 27 to Osterport St., Slojfen. Then from Oresundstag to Copenhagen Airport.

A million Thanks!

Helena

According to the timetable 25 is in service on Sunday, but only between Østerport and Oceankaj

I don´t know where you got the other info from.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/25-0025-080515-r.pdf

So you can take both 25 and 27 both days.

Else I have no remarks, only that the Øresundstog trains should be heading for Nivå and Helsingør, regular trains for Østerport will do as well.

Edited by Danish viking

Danish Viking, a BIG thank you for taking the time and trouble to answer all our questions and offer your advice. I can't believe that you even went out of your way to make an actual train and bus trip to take photos so we can have clear directions. You have no idea how much your postings have helped me in sorting out my transportation issues. I was planning on taking a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal but now I feel more confident taking public transportation which will save a lot of money. I still have a few questions and hope you will bear with me further.

My husband and I are flying into Copenhagen at 9 am on June 25 to board the Eurodam that afternoon. We are both in our late 60's, me with a bad knee and DH with an injured shoulder. We will be hauling two large suitcases plus two carry-ons.

1. Which would be easier, the train or the metro, bearing in mind that we have to handle four pieces of luggage? I understand that there are elevators in Terminal 3 but are they easy to find?

2. From your map and photos of Osterport Station, it seems that there is a pedestrian bridge with stairs to negotiate, to get to the bus stop outside. In that case, would you advise getting off at Norreport Station instead? I think you also mentioned that it would be easier to find a seat on the #25 bus at Norreport as that is where it begins.

3. For this trip we will need a 36 kroner (3 zone) ticket which will be good for both the train/metro and the shuttle bus, right?

4. And which bus should we take - #25 or #27? Which one stops at all the terminals at Oceankaj? I'm not sure which terminal the Eurodam will be docked at.

5. If we should decide to take a taxi instead of the bus, is it easier to do so at Osterport or Norreport? I know the fare would be cheaper from Osterport, but is the taxi stand just outside the station on the same level, or do we still have to walk up and down the pedestrian bridge?

I am sorry for all these questions but as it will be the start of the cruise I don't want to break our back taking public transport while trying not to break the bank! Thank you so much!

1) Yes there are elevators to the platform and the metro trains are step free.

2) Yes take Nørreport instead, elevators to street level and yes you can be the first person in the bus.

3) correct

4) The bus stops near terminal 1 and 2 and since your ship is the only one at Oceankaj I´m guessing that its Terminal 1.

5) there are more taxis at Nørreport.

1) Yes there are elevators to the platform and the metro trains are step free.

2) Yes take Nørreport instead, elevators to street level and yes you can be the first person in the bus.

3) correct

4) The bus stops near terminal 1 and 2 and since your ship is the only one at Oceankaj I´m guessing that its Terminal 1.

5) there are more taxis at Nørreport.

Thanks a million, Danish Viking, for answering all my questions and so promptly! I think we'll take the metro to Norreport and if we're all tired out by then we'll take a cab from there to the cruise pier.