Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Dear Danish Viking,

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Mine is about late Saturday night transportation service:

We will be on Eurodam, arriving July 18th for an overnight stay before we disembark on Sunday. Wanting to spend as much time in town and staying out late at night on Saturday...( but not too late... before midnight ;) what is the best way to return to Oceankaj..as Bus 27 stops operating around 18:00.

Taxi is your only option, you could walk from Nordhavn station but it will take you 45 minutes or so.

The cruise lines shuttle busses could be an option to but I don't know how that works.

Edited by Danish viking

This is a great thread that has solved many transport questions.

I need to get from the Bella Sky hotel to Cruise Port on a Sunday and want to use public transport. There seems to be a bit of confusion over Sunday options so can someone tell me the best way to get from the hotel to port?

Hello Danish Viking,

I promised my Facebook group I would inquire about reports that have been coming out the last few weeks about seeing people with their suitcases walking a long distance (1mile) the morning of embarkation. They are reporting that they are coming from public transportation. Could confirm if these people are coming from the cruise bus 25 drop off or were these people unaware of the bus and are walking from the metro station.

Also reports of some construction on a bridge in Copenhagen that is causing major traffic. Lastly someone reported a taxi shortage that has been causing issues.

We plan on taking the bus 25 from norreport but can't walk a mile from the stop.

Thanks in advance for you clarification.

I have seen some people walk from Nordhavn station but that must be up to them if they want to walk that distance.

They would actually pass a few bus stops on the way to Oceankaj.

If you look at my photo guide on page 11 you can see that its actually only Terminal 3 that has some issues with distance but its only 700 meters or something like that.

Terminal 1 is just in front of the bus stop and Terminal 2 a few 100 meters away.

Yes its correct that one of the bridges that are crossing the harbour is closed for repairs until October or something like that.

But to my understanding Copenhagen is still functioning but maybe it takes 5-10 minutes more to cross that part of town but there are many other roads to the airport so I don't think its an issue.

Again I'm not trying to play the devils advocate but its the first time I have heard issues of taxa shortages.

All recent reviews by other members haven't mentioned any problems by taking the bus or taxi.

I have seen some people walk from Nordhavn station but that must be up to them if they want to walk that distance.

They would actually pass a few bus stops on the way to Oceankaj.

If you look at my photo guide on page 11 you can see that its actually only Terminal 3 that has some issues with distance but its only 700 meters or something like that.

Terminal 1 is just in front of the bus stop and Terminal 2 a few 100 meters away.

Yes its correct that one of the bridges that are crossing the harbour is closed for repairs until October or something like that.

But to my understanding Copenhagen is still functioning but maybe it takes 5-10 minutes more to cross that part of town but there are many other roads to the airport so I don't think its an issue.

Again I'm not trying to play the devils advocate but its the first time I have heard issues of taxa shortages.

All recent reviews by other members haven't mentioned any problems by taking the bus or taxi.

Thanks for confirming.

Hi, Danish viking/ acbat1

of your Post 141 and subsequent discussion,

On my May 20 (Wednesday) travel in a shared taxi at about 12:30pm from airport to Oceankaj for Eurodam (4PM departure), I noted a stream of walkers with luggage in tow (not sure starting from where, but likely Østerport), even one person pushing a occupied wheelchair, most likely to get to Oceankaj.

On May 31 (Sunday) returing to Copenhagen for overnight stay, the ship docked and gave all clear signal around 11:15AM; soon afterwards I was at the Town Shop (Terminal 1) bus stop for Bus 25.

I missed the first 2 buses (too far to recognize the route #). I was then the first one taking seat on the next bus 25, then waited for 45 minutes for the bus loaded/ driver handled questions/ tickets/ changes etc before departing. I was also very surprised that no other Bus 25/27 returning to the Stop for the interim. The bus driver also made an additional stop at the Palace between Østerport and Nørreport.

Before stopping at Nørreport, the 25 driver announced that the last return bus from Nørreport was 3:45PM.

The next day (June 1, Monday); there were not many taxis seen at the Terminal; from my pre-arranged taxi for the airport, I saw a line about 20-30 at the bus stop; many walkers with luggage on the road out of the terminal.

... Continuing on the next ( I was warned being too long)

... Continuing from the previous post (#285)

a) The Nørreport Bus 25 Stop picture (Post 204 by Danish viking) is actually quite misleading; the bus 25 stop post is hidden directly behind the Yellow 42 post; not easily seen that I walked up 2-3 times not noticing it until one helpful lady at the stop inquiring what I was looking for?

I would advise the instruction: " with the Macdonald's at Nørreport on your right, walk all the way to the end of the station to the yellow 42 Post to find the 25 stop behind."

b) when I was there, I noted that a revised bus 25 timetable attached to the stop Post that Bus 25 would run 8A-3P when the cruises are at Oceankaj. As such, I missed the 3:45 as referred to by my bus driver.

I then rode DSB Øresundstog train to transfer to Bus 27 at Østerport which was quite full when leaving the stop, per instructions (Post 204) with no difficulties.

I bought the one-way bus ticket form the phone card shop (WC) at the Townshop corner at the same price, but with 2 hours, vs. 1 hour sold on bus for transfers.

Since it has been 15+ days, I am wondering whether the bus authority has reverted back to the previous Bus 25 timetable

" the posting attached to the post definitely differed from what is on the web (posted since mid May )

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/25-0025-080515-r.pdf"

*** maybe Danish viking can investigate and verify this?

when I showed a print-out of the Nørreport station plan

(http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf); not many people (including station security) could help reading it?

*** maybe Danish viking can post one with MacDonlad's as reference;?

Hope this helps in all immediate future planning to take Bus 25/27 to Oceankaj.

Edited by LiCruise

On June 1 while waiting for my taxi, one fellow cruiser was thinking aloud about getting out of Oceankaj via his 24-hour still valid HopOnHopOff bus pass from the previous day. While HoHo apparently started from Oceankaj, but not until 10AM.

As such, HoHo may be also an alternate off the desolate Oceankaj to City Center?

Edited by LiCruise

The Oceankaj is a terribly desolate area that is being pushed up to the suspicious cruise passengers.

The same is for the Helinsinki's Hernesaari pier the ugly hell hole that HAL sets up for us; at least they should have some courtesy to warn us in advance of the difficulty and the transportation alternatives. (the city bus #14 is highly recommended to reach city center.)

Both ports should have provided some free shuttle option as Corfu, Greek does from the ship to the Port area boundary to earn for the Town of our tourists money.

Edited by LiCruise

If people are walking from Nordhavn station or Østerport station is their own mistake only because info about 25 and 27 has been plentiful.

And 45 minutes to load a bus, I'm thinking you are overestimating that time because when I took the bus from Nørreport it took maybe 10 minutes for the bus to shop up and then a few minutes to get all on board.

When I got back the 27 bus was a few minutes delayed (no big deal) and it also took off immediately.

I also think my instructions for using the bus at Nørreport was clear, bus 25 is signposted at that bus stop so there is nothing to be confused about.

For some reason you are giving Oceankaj a bad reputation when it doesn't deserve it, remember it was voted as best european cruise port last year ahead of Barcelona, Istanbul and Tallinn so they must be doing something right.

Yes the cruise terminals are located on a new landfill so there isn't anything else around the terminals yet.

But a new harbour tunnel and a extension of the metro line will bring life to the area in 5-10 years time.

The metro station that opens at Orientkaj in 2019 will be in a walking distance from Oceankaj (20 minutes I guess compared to the 40 minutes from Nordhavn station)

On that day, they allowed us to get off the ship earlier before the all clear announcement; I was in the middle walking to the Bus stop when the announcement made at about 11:15; the bus 25 I got on did not leave until very close to 12:00.

The stream of ship passengers asked and got answer from the driver of the same destinations questions over and over, bus ticket/ fares and changes, etc making it a very long process.

The bus did not leave until it was fully loaded to the standing capacity and with a standing queue at the bus stop. Like I said, I was very surprised no other 25/27 has turned around and back in that time frame.

When coming back from Norresport/Osterport, maybe those passengers know in advance what is in for them and come prepared with tickets in hand? and also not the whole boat of people coming at the same time? that certainly would make it a total different experience than at Oceankaj.

Bus 27 drivers need to adhere to the published schedule for the locals, they probably would not try to engage a lengthy Q/A with the tourist passengers. But not the shuttle Bus 25; no defined schedule, making the rounds for the ship passengers.

I strongly believe that the outbound bus 25, should be of exact /no change; and/or when condition warrants, free to board, to Ostorport/Norresport, with an IOU to the passengers to pay on the ride back; and to whoever needs, an easy to read Bus 25 route map showing Oceankay , the Bus Stops/Schedule and nearby major tourist attractions, making life easier to ALL (drivers included)

---------------------- ----------

I wish Oceankaj well in the future time frame as you described; but NOT now going through a mixed sand-rain dust beating you up trying to walk in the wide vacant Terminal 1-3 area. It was certainly not a pleasant experience.

I am not sure what feedback you would get from those of Terminal 3 needing to walk up the whole length of pier to the Bus 25 stop.

At Kiel of similar length of walking the pier, at least you walk through an extended elevated gangway partially protected from the elements.

------------------------

Unlike some other ports, the Oceankaj terminal building was closed except for embarkment/disembarkment; you need to walk around the building outside to the gate to exit the wholly fenced pier area.

Edited by LiCruise

I hate to duplicate all the information but Is there a good way to get from Oceankaj to the airport via public transportation on a Sunday morning. Our flight is not until 3 pm so not rushed but I am concerned about a weekend. This is not until September 6th.

Thank you

I hate to duplicate all the information but Is there a good way to get from Oceankaj to the airport via public transportation on a Sunday morning. Our flight is not until 3 pm so not rushed but I am concerned about a weekend. This is not until September 6th.

Thank you

No need to be concerned.

The 27 bus departs at 16 and 46 past the hour and will get you to Østerport station.

From here you can catch the airport train every 10th minute from track 3 and 4.

You can also take bus 25 to either Østerport or Nørreport.

If you find yourself at Nørreport you can catch the same train as in Østerport or take metro line M2 to Lufthavnen (airport) instead.

On that day, they allowed us to get off the ship earlier before the all clear announcement; I was in the middle walking to the Bus stop when the announcement made at about 11:15; the bus 25 I got on did not leave until very close to 12:00.

The stream of ship passengers asked and got answer from the driver of the same destinations questions over and over, bus ticket/ fares and changes, etc making it a very long process.

The bus did not leave until it was fully loaded to the standing capacity and with a standing queue at the bus stop. Like I said, I was very surprised no other 25/27 has turned around and back in that time frame.

When coming back from Norresport/Osterport, maybe those passengers know in advance what is in for them and come prepared with tickets in hand? and also not the whole boat of people coming at the same time? that certainly would make it a total different experience than at Oceankaj.

Bus 27 drivers need to adhere to the published schedule for the locals, they probably would not try to engage a lengthy Q/A with the tourist passengers. But not the shuttle Bus 25; no defined schedule, making the rounds for the ship passengers.

I strongly believe that the outbound bus 25, should be of exact /no change; and/or when condition warrants, free to board, to Ostorport/Norresport, with an IOU to the passengers to pay on the ride back; and to whoever needs, an easy to read Bus 25 route map showing Oceankay , the Bus Stops/Schedule and nearby major tourist attractions, making life easier to ALL (drivers included)

---------------------- ----------

I wish Oceankaj well in the future time frame as you described; but NOT now going through a mixed sand-rain dust beating you up trying to walk in the wide vacant Terminal 1-3 area. It was certainly not a pleasant experience.

I am not sure what feedback you would get from those of Terminal 3 needing to walk up the whole length of pier to the Bus 25 stop.

At Kiel of similar length of walking the pier, at least you walk through an extended elevated gangway partially protected from the elements.

------------------------

Unlike some other ports, the Oceankaj terminal building was closed except for embarkment/disembarkment; you need to walk around the building outside to the gate to exit the wholly fenced pier area.

It seems you have made your mind up so I will just come with a few remarks.

Yes, Terminal 3 will be a longer walk with public transportation, a subjeck I have made clear a few times already.

But we are only talking about 7-800 meters from the bus stop, so only people with mobility issues will have trouble with that walk.

I can guarantee you that the walking distance in the airport is way longer if your plane departs/arrives in one of the outer piers.

Regarding the bus driver, the port authority should probably be better to signpost the Town Shop where its possible to buy the tickets before boarding the bus.

The lack of busses sounds very unfortunate and I hope it was only a one time occurence.

The only thing I can say is that all worked smooth when I was visiting on a Saturday with 2 ships in port.

Morning all!!!

We will be catching the re positioning cruise of the Disney Magic departing from Oceankaj on Monday, 29 June.

We are staying at Andersen Hotel near Central Station with 3 adults... Was originally considering a taxi but am now thinking maybe the 25 bus from Norreport might be best... However, when I go to the Rejesplanen page fro trip planning it shows no Bus 25 between 11:00 and 14:00 on that day and suggests using the 26 or 27...

Danish Viking,

I've been trying to figure out our transportation myself, but I've only gotten more and more frustrated. Can you help us?

1. From airport, we're going to Wakeup Borgergade for one night, prior to starting the cruise the next day. Should we take the metro - M2 to Kongens Nytorv, then either walk (if it's a short walk) or get a taxi?

2. From Wakeup Borgergade, what is the best way to get to Norreport, to catch Bus 25 to Oceankaj?

3. After the cruise, we plan to spend 4 days in Copenhagen. We're staying at the Bethel. From reading the other posts, I'm not sure what to do. Should we take Bus 25 to Norreport, then a taxi to the hotel? Or, what?

Sorry I'm so bad with this. Along with everyone else I really appreciate all the help you've given.

Sue

Danish Viking,

I've been trying to figure out our transportation myself, but I've only gotten more and more frustrated. Can you help us?

1. From airport, we're going to Wakeup Borgergade for one night, prior to starting the cruise the next day. Should we take the metro - M2 to Kongens Nytorv, then either walk (if it's a short walk) or get a taxi?

2. From Wakeup Borgergade, what is the best way to get to Norreport, to catch Bus 25 to Oceankaj?

3. After the cruise, we plan to spend 4 days in Copenhagen. We're staying at the Bethel. From reading the other posts, I'm not sure what to do. Should we take Bus 25 to Norreport, then a taxi to the hotel? Or, what?

Sorry I'm so bad with this. Along with everyone else I really appreciate all the help you've given.

Sue

Forgot to say that we travel from hotel to cruise terminal on August 20 and we return to port on August 31.

Sue

Danish Viking,

Sue

1) Yes M2 towards Vanløse and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Kongens+Nytorv+St.+(Metro)/Wakeup+Copenhagen,+Borgergade,+Borgergade/@55.6811413,12.5804452,16z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x46525317956e2b27:0xbcf5dbf2ceefc16b!2m2!1d12.585228!2d55.679185!3m4!1m2!1d12.5866615!2d55.680106!3s0x46525317f651f907:0xb52e2a9744c1bb89!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525319b1b0f2af:0x70dfb512af0202a7!2m2!1d12.584104!2d55.682959!3e2

2) Take bus 26 towards Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn or Østerport station.

Get off at the Østerport station stop and take bus 25 from there or get off at Østerport station, Sløjfen and take bus 27.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Wakeup+Copenhagen,+Borgergade,+Borgergade/St.+Kongensgade/@55.6833502,12.5844672,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525319b1b0f2af:0x70dfb512af0202a7!2m2!1d12.584104!2d55.682959!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525318f080d9a9:0xf2311e660fa7c131!2m2!1d12.586584!2d55.68374!3e2

3) You can do several things.

Take bus 25 or 27 to Østerport (both Østerport station, Sløjfen and the Østerport station bus stop) and take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

Or continue with bus 25 to Nørreport from where you can take both metro line M1 and M2 towards Vestamager and Lufthavnen and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Kongens+Nytorv+St.+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn/Hotel+Bethel,+Nyhavn/@55.6791062,12.585906,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525317956e2b27:0xbcf5dbf2ceefc16b!2m2!1d12.585228!2d55.679185!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533d2fb4cf43:0xbb1dd357d932167!2m2!1d12.590996!2d55.679431!3e2