Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post so I hope I’m posting on the right tread!

My question is slightly different but with the same issue. My parents and I will be on the Regal Princess arriving on May 13, 2015. This will be a port day for us as we embarked in Berlin (Warnemunde). Does anyone know if there will be a Princess shuttle going to the city centre? I can’t find any info on their website. They offer a few excursions but I’m not really interested in any of them. I prefer to go on our own but I don’t want to spend time waiting in line for bus #26 as I assume a lot of people will be disembarking from Regal and there will also be another ship docked at Oceankaj.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

MSC Orchestra is first in port at 07:00 so if you took the bus at 07:15 you should be able to beat the rush.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000048984#navigate

Remember that most people probably will take the cruise shuttle to Østerport that starts at 08:00.

Both the regular bus 26 and the 26 cruise shuttle costs 24 kroner and 36 kroner if the airport is the destination.

Edited by Danish viking

We are arriving on May 8 also on the Eurodam and needing a taxi. Where is Osterport? Do we shuttle there and then get a taxi? It is not easy for us getting around with luggage. Can we just pay the taxi with DKK or do we need "tickets"? We are going to our hotel downtown.

Thank you,

Sherry

There it is :D

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Oceankaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn/%C3%98sterport+St.,+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.7048234,12.5799397,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252b848542021:0x5125d6ae3b01baee!2m2!1d12.6196867!2d55.713825!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252e1baaa77dd:0x5b5a2bb2ee9e0553!2m2!1d12.589143!2d55.693523

I have never been to a place where you could buy tickets for a taxi so I´m not sure what you mean with this question.

I think you have more luck by getting a taxi from the pier than Østerport, its a rather large station with 8 tracks but its not as busy as the other 2 major stations Nørreport and København H (Central Station).

If the taxi line is very long at the pier you could to 2 things.

Get the shuttle to Østerport and see if there is a taxi available or take the train to Nørreport or København H and get a taxi from there, its the same ticket as the shuttle.

But but but but, if your hotel is located close the central station the taxi driver might not want to do the trip, in that case take it from Nørreport.

MSC Orchestra is first in port at 07:00 so if you took the bus at 07:15 you should be able to beat the rush.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000048984#navigate

Remember that most people probably will take the cruise shuttle to Østerport that starts at 08:00.

Both the regular bus 26 and the 26 cruise shuttle costs 24 kroner and 36 kroner if the airport is the destination.

Actually, Regal Princess is scheduled to arrive at 5:00am. Does the 26 cruise shuttle serve all ships at the terminal?

I read on a different thread that there's a shuttle that drops off around Tivoli Gardens but I don't remember what ship that shuttle belongs to.

Thank you, Danish Viking! Eurodam disembarks at 7am that day so hopefully we are one of the first off for taxis!

Is one of the harbour boat tours better than the other?

And, is there a Ho/Ho bus tour as well in CPH?

Thank you,

Sherry & Kimber

Thank you, Danish Viking! Eurodam disembarks at 7am that day so hopefully we are one of the first off for taxis!

Is one of the harbour boat tours better than the other?

And, is there a Ho/Ho bus tour as well in CPH?

Thank you,

Sherry & Kimber

First question.

I prefer Stromma but I think Netto Bådene is equally good.

Yes Stromma has sightseeing busses and there are 1-2 other companies.

We are arriving on the Norwegian Star on May 11, 2015. There are four of us traveling together, two are going to the airport for a noon flight on Air Berlin and the other two will be staying at the Airport Hilton What is the best way for us to get to our destinations. How long does it take to get to the airport? It looks like we are the only ship in port that day.

We will be in Copenhagen on 5/18-5/19/15 on Celebrity Silhouette. We(6 of

us) plan on exploring the city on first day and ship excursion the next.What would be the best way into town? Train,taxi,bus, or is it walkable? Is it very far from dock? Thank you

Yes that was my point, your ship docks long before Orchestra but the bus before the 7:15 is already departing around 6 and for me that would be way to early :D

I don't know about the other shuttle, is it perhps the HO/HO busses?

Thanks Danish Viking! Yes, 6am is too early for me as well! Can you let me know what time in general shops and attractions are open? 7:15 is early too but then I don't want to be suck with the disembarking crowd.

I have to find where I read about a shuttle if they meant HOHO. But now I'm a bit confused with the 26 public bus and 26 shuttle bus. So they are 2 different buses but both are numbered 26 and both are on the same route?

Route 26 only departs Monday to Friday but runs through most of the tourist sites in central Copenhagen on the way to Ålholm Plads.

But when cruiseships are docked at Oceankaj route 26 runs some special departures only to Østerport at Sløjfen.

This is from the transport authoritys website.

Bus 26 - When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will run between Østerport station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) from 8 AM until 4 PM.

us) plan on exploring the city on first day and ship excursion the next.What would be the best way into town? Train,taxi,bus, or is it walkable? Is it very far from dock? Thank you

You will be berthed at Langeliniekaj, we have done that several time and it is walkable. Just head alongside the harbour.

• 2 weeks later...
We are arriving on the Norwegian Star on May 11, 2015. There are four of us traveling together, two are going to the airport for a noon flight on Air Berlin and the other two will be staying at the Airport Hilton What is the best way for us to get to our destinations. How long does it take to get to the airport? It looks like we are the only ship in port that day.

Bus 27 from Oceankaj to Østerport and then airport train from there is the cheapest option, only 36 kroner for each person.

12 minutes with bus to Østerport and 23 minutes with the train to the airport.

So 35 minutes in total transport time + whatever time you need to wait for the airport train, it goes every 10th minute.

A taxi is around 400 kroner.

As Roysmith99 says, you can walk along the harbour in 20-30 minutes time or you can get bus 26 that will take you to most tourist sights.

A new bus 27 Between Østerport station, Sløjfen and Oceankaj (UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord busstop) will be in service from 26th of april.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/27-0027-260415.pdf

Mandag fredag means Monday Friday

Lørdag means Saturday

Søn og Helligdage means Sun (day) and holidays.

The holidays are

1st of May Store Bededag - Great Prayer Day

16th of May Ktisti Himmelfartsdag - Ascension Day

24th of May Første Pinsedag - Whit Sunday

25th of May Anden Pinsedag - Whit Monday

5th of June Grundlovsdag - Constitution Day

So now there are busses to Oceankaj in the weekends and public holidays.

For now it seems like bus 26 will continue to Oceankaj in the on Mondays to Fridays and the info about the cruise shuttle is not removed yet so I think this service will still be in effect on the busy cruise days.

The bus runs at 14 and 44 past the hour most of the Saturday.

But as I noted the info about the cruise shuttle is still on the website so I'm thinking that they still run does shuttles.

I noticed that bus 27 will run less frequently during Saturdays. Together with the bus 27, will the special shuttle bus 26 to Oceankaj still be in existent by early May? or it will be totally replaced by bus 27?

thanks

I noticed that bus 27 will run less frequently during Saturdays. Together with the bus 27, will the special shuttle bus 26 to Oceankaj still be in existent by early May? or it will be totally replaced by bus 27?

thanks

I am trying to work this out with the transport authority, I asked them about it and she misunderstood me because she was talking about the shuttle to the Oslo Ferry instead.

What I know is that 27 will replace 26 on all weekdays so no bus 26 to Oceankaj in the future.

If anyone had planned to use 26 they can just take it to Østerport Station, Sløjfen and take bus 27 from there.

Bus 27 from Oceankaj to Østerport and then airport train from there is the cheapest option, only 36 kroner for each person.

12 minutes with bus to Østerport and 23 minutes with the train to the airport.

So 35 minutes in total transport time + whatever time you need to wait for the airport train, it goes every 10th minute.

A taxi is around 400 kroner.

Thank you!