Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Hi everyone -

So looking at this thread I have a couple questions...

1) It appears bus #26 is running on the weekend? We are leaving from C330 on a Saturday so I wanted to check. We are staying near the main train station - does anyone know if there is a bus stop near there? If we have to take a taxi from train station to C330...approx. cost?

2) When we come back we need to take a taxi to the airport. Will calling ahead for one truly make a difference? If so, any reputable recommendations from anyone for a company? Est. cost of a taxi?

3) Randomly we are flying to Amsterdam once we leave Copenhagen...anyone know what terminal that would most likely be in?

Info I have gathered

TO HOTEL AND CRUISE PORT (Ocean Quay)

When you exit the customs area, continue straight ahead until you're about to bump into a counter. That's the ticket counter where you buy the train ticket. A one way ticket to travel 3 zones costs DKK34.50. After getting your ticket, go to the rolling stairs down to the train platform on either side of the ticket counter. Make sure you go to the platform from which trains go to Copenhagen, not Malmoe in Sweden. If you are going to the Langelinje cruise harbour then take the train past Copenhagen Central Station for another 2 stops to Østerport Station (the ticket price is the same). You could walk the remaining 500 meters from there, but a taxi is probably a good idea.

The most efficient way to Freeport from the Central Station is to take the S-train. When you arrive at central station (København H) you can buy a 2-zone ticket for 24 kr. (4-5 dollars) at the 7/eleven kiosk or ticket machines.

From central station you can take the A-line (direction ‘Farum’), C-line (directions ‘Klampenborg’) or E-line (direction ‘Hillerød’).

The train stop nearest to the cruise terminal is Nordhavn st. and from there you can follow a blue line on the street, which will guide you to the cruise terminal. By walk, it will take app. 10-15 minutes.

It is a long walk from Nordahvn station to Oceankaj. The 10-15 minute walk estimate is to Orientkaj pier.

There is updated info at cruiseportwiki dot com with google maps.

It appears bus 26 is now running on weekends but on a modified route from Osterport station. There is a link to the Movia website on cruiseportwiki.

June 12 2014 to Sep 23 2014. Extra shuttle buses to and from the cruise ship terminal (bus 26). When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal), shuttle buses will run between Østerport station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) and Oceankaj from 8 AM until 4 PM.

Hi everyone -

1) It appears bus #26 is running on the weekend? We are leaving from C330 on a Saturday so I wanted to check. We are staying near the main train station - does anyone know if there is a bus stop near there? If we have to take a taxi from train station to C330...approx. cost?

2) When we come back we need to take a taxi to the airport. Will calling ahead for one truly make a difference? If so, any reputable recommendations from anyone for a company? Est. cost of a taxi?

3) Randomly we are flying to Amsterdam once we leave Copenhagen...anyone know what terminal that would most likely be in?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I will be back later with a proper reply.

Just a quick question, what airline is you gonna flight with to Amsterdam?

Hi everyone -

Thanks in advance everyone!

1) The bus only goes from Østerport station, Sløjfen.

Look for "26 Holdeplads"

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Just take any S-trains from track 9-10 from the central station and get off 3 stops later at Østerport.

The price is 24 kroner per person.

The taxi will cost around 200-250 kroner.

2)

Codan taxi and Amager-Øbro taxi is the most used taxi companys, You can try to reserve.

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/#top

The price will be in the 400 kroner range,

3) That would be Terminal 2, But terminal 2 and 3 are almost the same terminal anyway.

HI! Thanks for all the info you posted! we are coming in AUG and i've been spending literally hours trying to figure out public transportation from CPH airport and Princess cruise port which is in OCEANKAJ 2100 Osterbro Pier No: 330- 334. And so far you have the best info?!

I did go to http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ ...The closest I could find is: Oceankaj 2150 Nordhavn, København ..is this our cruise port destination?

we don't have to prepay this though right? Never know about flight delays etc! So that would not be good.

Does the train /bus take USD?? is my question also! Sorry if I ask questions you answered already but my head is doing a tailspin now...Thanks so much!!

ok after calling Princess to help me figure out exact place I found it on the tripplanner ...So all I need to know now is if they take USD! IF not where to get the DKK ..

or do they take CREDIT CARD???

Get on the metro at See more Lufthavnen st (Metro) Departures in this direction every 6 min.

Metro M2 10:11 (dep) 10:26 (arr)

take Metro M2 towards Vanløse st. (Metro)

Get off the metro at See more Nørreport st (Metro)

walk 10:26 (dep) 10:31 (arr)

Board at See more Nørreport st Departures in this direction every 2 min.

C 10:32 (dep) 10:39 (arr)

take S-train C towards Klampenborg st

Get off the train at See more Svanemøllen st

walk 10:39 (dep) 10:48 (arr) Show route on map walk (approx. 550 m, approx. 9 min.)

Arrive at See more Østerbrogade 111, 2100 København Ø, Københavns Kommune

Edited by Tangomaniac
take out extra words

I found this answer:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g189541-r39112299-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

“credit card use and metro/subway, language”

Reviewed August 28, 2009

1. If you go to Copenhagen from the US, get the PIN to your credit card. Most vendors don't allow you to pay by credit without your PIN.

2. It took a little while to figure out how to work the subway ticket machine. It does not take bills, only coins and credit cards. There is no one to help you, everything is automated. For help, go to one of stores/kiosks and ask the clerks, they'll sell metro clip cards for cash (if you don't have the coins or a credit card w/ pin).

3. Very nice people, not too crowded, english is spoken everywhere, Danes tell you not to bother trying to speak their language b/c the spelling of words is not phonetic.

Hi

our experience (arrival Saturday June 14) was:

Bought a 3-Zone Ticket with Credit card (PIN!!!) from the vending machine.

Took the Öresund-train from the Airport (departs from platform 2) to Osterport-Station.

There is a train nearly every five minutes. We never had to wait a long time.

When we left Osterport station

https://www.google.de/maps/@55.693523,12.589143,606m/data=!3m1!1e3

we had to go to Østerport st, Sløjfen (bus) (walk a few yards north-east).

A bus No 26 arrived - we asked if he is going to Oceankaj and he did.

From the drop of it is a short walk to C330.

We saw shuttle buses - but did not ask if they were from the ship or from movia.

There were also a lot of Hop On buses at the Oceankaj.

Interesting information:

When our cruise ends and we had an overnight on the ship, we bought 2-Day-Tickets for the HoHo bus. They provide a shuttle service too:

Their tours did not start from the Oceankaj - they brought us to the Central station and we had to change the bus to the tour.

We were informed, that the shuttle back to the ship starts at the "Meermaid-Station". Last shuttle is at 17:00.

We catched this shuttle on the first day (it was fortunately delayed)

The driver also informed us, that they provide shuttle-service on departure day. Our 2-day ticket was valid, they load suitcases and brought us to the central station. We stored our onboard-luggage at a locker (small 50 DKK, big one 60 DKK)

Then we bought a day-ticket, took a train to the airport, brought our luggage to the airport, dropped it off and came back to downtown.

Wendy

HI! Thanks for all the info you posted! we are coming in AUG and i've been spending literally hours trying to figure out public transportation from CPH airport and Princess cruise port which is in OCEANKAJ 2100 Osterbro Pier No: 330- 334. And so far you have the best info?!

I did go to http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ ...The closest I could find is: Oceankaj 2150 Nordhavn, København ..is this our cruise port destination?

we don't have to prepay this though right? Never know about flight delays etc! So that would not be good.

Does the train /bus take USD?? is my question also! Sorry if I ask questions you answered already but my head is doing a tailspin now...Thanks so much!!

Yes Oceankaj is the one, the bus stop is called UNICEF.

You can buy your 3 zone ticket at the airport for 36 kroner and its valid for the whole trip.

But drop the metro.

Take any Øresund train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport station.

The cruise shuttle goes from the bus stop that says "26 Holdeplads"

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Edited by Danish viking

• 2 weeks later...

We will arrive at Copenhagen, on August 7, with Eurodam. Our flight is the next morning, the 8th of August at 08.45 am. At what time must we take a taxi to be in time? How long takes the taxi to the Airport? I know it is only 13 km, but I don't know about traffic etc. Will 07.00 be OK, or we must leave earlier? Can we find taxis available at that time on the pier (C330 - Oceankaj)? How can we be sure we will not miss our flight? If there is a necessity to book a taxi, how can we do this?

I would be grateful, for any help.

We just came off Eurodam after a Copenhagen overnight. They send a package around to gather information about your flight departure and I recommend you talk to them about what time to depart and potentially buy their transfer package (which you can do onboard). Several of the passengers we talked to had independently traveled to the ship and said they were taking the ship's transfer because it was about the same price as the taxi to the ship.

We had a 7:45am United/SAS FLT the day after disembarkation and it took us almost an hour to get boarding passes, check luggage, through security and to the gate.

We just came off Eurodam after a Copenhagen overnight. They send a package around to gather information about your flight departure and I recommend you talk to them about what time to depart and potentially buy their transfer package (which you can do onboard). Several of the passengers we talked to had independently traveled to the ship and said they were taking the ship's transfer because it was about the same price as the taxi to the ship.

We had a 7:45am United/SAS FLT the day after disembarkation and it took us almost an hour to get boarding passes, check luggage, through security and to the gate.

Thank you so much. Most helpful, but I thought they do not offer airport transfers in such early flights.

I let them know right after our embarkation.

I contacted a Taxi Company, that offers preorder taxis on the piers, -other companies don't -, they said it's Ok, but the price is 150 dannish krowns + the ride to the Airport approx. 375 DK).

Were you on C330 - Oceankaj? How much did HAL charge the Airport Transfer?

Thank you again

Our problems with Oceankaj 330 were different from those in May. We had an overnight before disembarkation. Just to get off the ship and into town via city bus took 2 hrs on Mon, July 7. It took 40 minutes to buy a CPH card at the stand and then an hour in line for the 20 minute bus ride. We never saw any indication of a special shuttle except that offered by the cruise line for $12 one-way. There are two city busses an hour at :13 and :53. It’s a full 2 mile walk to the S-train at Nordhavn. We were the only ship docked there those two days.

While we were waiting for our bus, it started raining and the line got nasty with people trying to board across the street (some successfully), breaking in line, pushing, shouting, etc. My guess is it may have gotten even nastier after our bus left. At disembarkation on July 8, there was what appeared to be a bus line or port official who said “another bus is coming in 5 minutes” but over the course of 20 minutes, we only saw the scheduled bus. He didn’t direct anyone to a special shuttle. On July 8, we disembarked at 8:25 and got on the second scheduled bus at 9:13.

As we walked to the bus stop at disembarkation, I did notice there were a number of cabs and there wasn’t a line waiting to use them. But we were the only ship in port and we did disembark before the group of independent travelers was called.

Dilena, we didn't take their transfer so I don't know what the charge was. I think they had a very early transfer like 6:00 because they said those with an early transfer would not be paged over the intercom. I would check with HAL.

We were at Oceankaj 330.

Dilena, we didn't take their transfer so I don't know what the charge was. I think they had a very early transfer like 6:00 because they said those with an early transfer would not be paged over the intercom. I would check with HAL.

We were at Oceankaj 330.

Thank you you are so helpful

I purchased the transfer to the airport after my cruise last month on Eurodam. It was $44 US. I had a 10:10 a.m. flight and I believe I was asked to disembark at 6:15 a.m.

Thanks I will see what we will do, I will contact them

• 1 month later...

Yes, the taxis take credit cards. We have a chip and signature card - no pin - but it was accepted. The trip to the airport cost a little over 400DKK. When the credit card bill came, the charge was $77. If HAL is charging $44 per person, it is in the same range as a taxi for two.

For those on the Eurodam, you can disembark on the first day if you want to. Of course it would require some advance planning to get a hotel room - preferably at the airport Hilton - but it solves a lot of problems for early flights. See the city, come back to the ship, have an early dinner, then disembark. No stress.