Official Celebrity Beverage Packages

Hello Celebrity- We are interested in booking the classic package from the USA, but your website as of today is not updated to reflect the above mentioned additions. Which listing can we rely on when booking? Thanks

Can't rely on any, as they are all subject to change. So relying on something that is clearly indicated as subject to change isn't going to be worth while, I'd suggest waiting until you board to get the most precise information if specifics are of concern.

How long does it take to get an answer about the premium package "pay the difference? :confused::confused::confused:Celebrity did say they would get back to us since they were only 99% certain. :(

Last time I checked, the USA website said premium customers just pay the difference over $13.

Last time I checked, the USA website said premium customers just pay the difference over $13.

I was trying to find this out a few weeks ago, and never found an official written source for this info, and many on these forums suggested it wasn't a written policy, but one that was just observed and provided on board - an "undocumented perk" like suites getting elite coupons.

Do you have any idea where on the site you found the confirmation> I never could find it.

I was trying to find this out a few weeks ago, and never found an official written source for this info, and many on these forums suggested it wasn't a written policy, but one that was just observed and provided on board - an "undocumented perk" like suites getting elite coupons.

Do you have any idea where on the site you found the confirmation> I never could find it.

I saw it this morning, now it's gone. Go figure. At least the TA quotes $9 for wine on the classic.

Hello there,

Saw your Facebook post, and we have no reason to believe this has changed. We reached out to confirm, and will post/respond once we're absolutely sure. About 99% certain that you pay the difference with the Premium package still.

Still waiting.....:o

"Good things come to those that wait"

Just a quick point that seems a little strange to me, I notice that following the recent changes in pricing that there is now no draft beer available on the Classic drinks package. This seems a little strange as surely draft has got to be cheaper than bottles?????????.

Also it must be more environmentally friendly to supply draft rather than bottles?

Edited by SWORRUB1
cosmetic

Just a quick point that seems a little strange to me, I notice that following the recent changes in pricing that there is now no draft beer available on the Classic drinks package. This seems a little strange as surely draft has got to be cheaper than bottles?????????.

Also it must be more environmentally friendly to supply draft rather than bottles?

Is not the John Smith's Extra Smooth and Pedigree Draft ???

Silly question, but I am curious. Last time we cruised, we upgraded our package to include the specialty coffees at Al Bacio. What is the difference with the packages now? To me, from what I can see, certain premium coffees are available but not specialty coffees?

Silly question, but I am curious. Last time we cruised, we upgraded our package to include the specialty coffees at Al Bacio. What is the difference with the packages now? To me, from what I can see, certain premium coffees are available but not specialty coffees?

The "specialty" coffees include liquor.

Regular lattes, cappuccinos, etc. are covered by the classic package.

(At least they were last winter).

Is not the John Smith's Extra Smooth and Pedigree Draft ???

Silly me, the clue was in the word 'draft' I guess!, now whether you consider

those to be 'proper' beers is a different question.

Hi all,

As promised, we have included our Classic and Premium Beverage Package below, and they are current as of May 28, 2014.

Classic Package:

The Classic Package includes beer up to $6.00 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks priced up to $8.00 per serving, and wine up to $9.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

WOW! Celebrity really has their hands full with this issue! Until two days ago, I had no clue this was such a big deal! Here I am, booked on a cruise for November, they give me this Classic Beverage Package FOR FREE and I'm all excited about it....until I read all these posts on this ONE subject. Seems to me there are some awefully picky drinkers here. The classic covers almost all types of beer, all types of spirits, rums, vodkas, etc. Geez! Oh, well. we're still happy with our 123go! Deal. Thanks, Celebrity!

WOW! Celebrity really has their hands full with this issue! Until two days ago, I had no clue this was such a big deal! Here I am, booked on a cruise for November, they give me this Classic Beverage Package FOR FREE and I'm all excited about it....until I read all these posts on this ONE subject. Seems to me there are some awefully picky drinkers here. The classic covers almost all types of beer, all types of spirits, rums, vodkas, etc. Geez! Oh, well. we're still happy with our 123go! Deal. Thanks, Celebrity!

Actually, I didn't get the free 123 promo and want to know if I should pay as I go or buy a package.

The classic covers almost all types of beer, all types of spirits, rums, vodkas, etc.

The Alaska beers, the hefeweizen and blonde are surprising members of this group, as the remainders are all premium and light lagers. This seems like a good buy for someone who is going to drink a lot of Bud, Miller, or Coors. It's a shame they don't have Banquet.

If you're going to drink the Alaska beers and not much in the way of cocktails, it would make sense to jump to the premium package. The craft beer variety gets a nice boost. I'm guessing the Sierra Nevada is their Pale Ale and the Dogfish Head is "60-minute". Double and Imperial beers are probably too strong to include, as would be barleywines. These are usually $10+ in city bars.

If you want to have some beers and some cocktails, but you aren't picky about well drinks, the classic seems like the way to go. Milagro Silver is from 100% agave.

I'm not very particular about spirits or wine, so I don't have much more to add to justifying the jump to premium.

Personally, I can drink Miller Lite and cocktails most of the time, have one or two of the Alaska beers with dinner and save the fancy beer drinking for when I am at home.

The Alaska beers, the hefeweizen and blonde......????

I'm from South Florida, Corona and Corona Light is good enough. My husband is a Heineken guy, so we're covered in the beer world! As to mix drinks Bacardi Limon, Stoli's, Patron XO Cafe....good enough. A nice Sambuca after dinner and all the expressos I want to keep me up!!!!!!!!!!! All sounds heavenly, is it November yet?:D:D:D

Not to rehash the topic, but the "big deal" was that celebrity, with no warning or pre-announcement changed the drinks included in the classic drink package radically...that is, they went from 4 plus scotches to 1 scotch and so on. Many found that their favorite drinks were suddenly not included, even though they were listed on the US site as included brands and the UK site more specifically as an almost complete list of included brands. After consideration and considerable negative reaction on the social media sites, Celebrity relooked at the classic package and as a result, today's classic package, as posted by "celebrity cruises", their official rep is almost the same as the old package....with a higher limit on wine prices. If you are looking at today's list vs the old list, you don't see what caused the stir.

However, all is well with the world now.....and we can now all imbibe and enjoy our classic packages on our cruises.

Not to rehash the topic, but the "big deal" was that celebrity, with no warning or pre-announcement changed the drinks included in the classic drink package radically...that is, they went from 4 plus scotches to 1 scotch and so on. Many found that their favorite drinks were suddenly not included, even though they were listed on the US site as included brands and the UK site more specifically as an almost complete list of included brands. After consideration and considerable negative reaction on the social media sites, Celebrity relooked at the classic package and as a result, today's classic package, as posted by "celebrity cruises", their official rep is almost the same as the old package....with a higher limit on wine prices. If you are looking at today's list vs the old list, you don't see what caused the stir.

However, all is well with the world now.....and we can now all imbibe and enjoy our classic packages on our cruises.

Great explanation. Thank you!!!! And yes, I was looking at this list. In fact, after reading so much about this subject, I kept searching for an updated list and was happy to finally see it. I guess I would have been pretty angry myself! Lucky us, we booked after 5/28! Yay!

The "specialty" coffees include liquor.

Regular lattes, cappuccinos, etc. are covered by the classic package.

(At least they were last winter).

On Eclipse two weeks ago, there were no 'speciality coffees' (alcoholic) at Al Bacio so everything on the menu was included in the classic package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got off the Constellation on Monday. We had the Premium package and loved it, except for wine. We found the selection of red wines by the glass that fit within the package to be very limited...there were only two Cabs, no Zinfandels, one Pinot, one Malbec.

About halfway through the cruise they ran out of one of the Cabs, so the only selection that worked with the package without an upcharge was the Celebrity brand, which our sommelier didn't recommend. The wine we chose in Tuscan Grill wasn't on board either, so the sommelier made a substitution that we enjoyed, but it was still frustrating to choose from a very limited list and find they didn't have what I selected.

I don't mind paying a little more for something I will really enjoy, but it did kind of defeat the purpose of having an inclusive package. We were told the prices went up when the ship arrived in Europe early in May. One of my very few complaints about the cruise was the extremely limited selection of wine that would work within the parameters of the package. I loved the convenience of the package and I certainly feel like I got a good value since I only paid for the upgrade, but the package definitely works better for mixed drinks than wine.