Official Celebrity Beverage Packages

We just got off the Constellation on Monday. We had the Premium package and loved it, except for wine. We found the selection of red wines by the glass that fit within the package to be very limited...there were only two Cabs, no Zinfandels, one Pinot, one Malbec.

About halfway through the cruise they ran out of one of the Cabs, so the only selection that worked with the package without an upcharge was the Celebrity brand, which our sommelier didn't recommend. The wine we chose in Tuscan Grill wasn't on board either, so the sommelier made a substitution that we enjoyed, but it was still frustrating to choose from a very limited list and find they didn't have what I selected.

I don't mind paying a little more for something I will really enjoy, but it did kind of defeat the purpose of having an inclusive package. We were told the prices went up when the ship arrived in Europe early in May. One of my very few complaints about the cruise was the extremely limited selection of wine that would work within the parameters of the package. I loved the convenience of the package and I certainly feel like I got a good value since I only paid for the upgrade, but the package definitely works better for mixed drinks than wine.

Would you do pay as you go or get a premium package if you didn't have a free 123 / classic package?

We just got off the Constellation on Monday. We had the Premium package and loved it, except for wine. We found the selection of red wines by the glass that fit within the package to be very limited...there were only two Cabs, no Zinfandels, one Pinot, one Malbec.

About halfway through the cruise they ran out of one of the Cabs, so the only selection that worked with the package without an upcharge was the Celebrity brand, which our sommelier didn't recommend. The wine we chose in Tuscan Grill wasn't on board either, so the sommelier made a substitution that we enjoyed, but it was still frustrating to choose from a very limited list and find they didn't have what I selected.

I don't mind paying a little more for something I will really enjoy, but it did kind of defeat the purpose of having an inclusive package. We were told the prices went up when the ship arrived in Europe early in May. One of my very few complaints about the cruise was the extremely limited selection of wine that would work within the parameters of the package. I loved the convenience of the package and I certainly feel like I got a good value since I only paid for the upgrade, but the package definitely works better for mixed drinks than wine.

The problem is that Celebrity raised the price of every wine but did not raise the wine limit ($13) for the premium package.

This also happened with the classic package but after much complaint Celebrity raised the classic package wine limit by $1.

We all need to complain until Celebrity raises the premium wine limit also:)

The problem is that Celebrity raised the price of every wine but did not raise the wine limit ($13) for the premium package.

This also happened with the classic package but after much complaint Celebrity raised the classic package wine limit by $1.

We all need to complain until Celebrity raises the premium wine limit also:)

I'm willing to pay the extra $ above the $13 limit, but can't get an answer that this is 100% doable. :(

Would you do pay as you go or get a premium package if you didn't have a free 123 / classic package?

I'm really not sure...I would probably pay for a Premium non-alcohol package, and then pay as I go for alcohol and buy my wine by the bottle. That's what I do on other cruise lines. I thought Celebrity's prices were considerably higher across the board, which makes it hard to do without a drink package.

I'm willing to pay the extra $ above the $13 limit, but can't get an answer that this is 100% doable. :(

You can pay the difference on the Premium Package, but if you have the Classic Package you'll be charged full price.

Edited by Cindy

Off topic but we are sailing on her next week. Been on her several times but not since they solsticezed her. How did you find her? Know they added 66 cabins obviously without increasing tonnage. Was she crowded? Satisfied overall with the MDR? Are you Elite? If so how was the evening cocktail hour?

Anything you didn't like?

Appreciate it

Edited by Redman1947

We just got off the Constellation on Monday. We had the Premium package and loved it, except for wine. We found the selection of red wines by the glass that fit within the package to be very limited...

Welcome Home Cindy! NOT! :D

Was the limited selection just in the MDR, or thruout the ship? Last yr on the Reflection,at the Sunset Bar, they had a Shiraz the wife loved, but it was not on the menu in the MDR, and the Som would not get it.:confused: The first couple of days we would stop, get a couple, and take those ugly plastic blue glasses into the DR. Before the entre arrived, I would go and fetch another. Day 3 the Som had a bottle sitting on the table when we arrived for dinner.

Edited by wallie5446

WOW! Celebrity really has their hands full with this issue! Until two days ago, I had no clue this was such a big deal! Here I am, booked on a cruise for November, they give me this Classic Beverage Package FOR FREE and I'm all excited about it....until I read all these posts on this ONE subject. Seems to me there are some awefully picky drinkers here. The classic covers almost all types of beer, all types of spirits, rums, vodkas, etc. Geez! Oh, well. we're still happy with our 123go! Deal. Thanks, Celebrity!

You have seen the latest revised list posted in late May. The list posted on 1st May was missing most of the things on the original list. THAT is what all the angst has been about and thankfully it's now fixed.

Edited by Pushka
edit

I'm really not sure...I would probably pay for a Premium non-alcohol package, and then pay as I go for alcohol and buy my wine by the bottle. That's what I do on other cruise lines. I thought Celebrity's prices were considerably higher across the board, which makes it hard to do without a drink package.

You can pay the difference on the Premium Package, but if you have the Classic Package you'll be charged full price.

Cindy: This is the exact info that I am looking for! Since we have to buy a package (no 1-2-3 for us:() I am trying to sort out the options for husband and myself. Premium seems stiff when we are in port several days and not sitting at the pool since we will be in Alaska. Maybe he can drink beer and we'll buy a bottle of wine for dinner. Anyone know if we can buy a bottle of bourbon for our cabin on board?

WOW! Celebrity really has their hands full with this issue! Until two days ago, I had no clue this was such a big deal! Here I am, booked on a cruise for November, they give me this Classic Beverage Package FOR FREE and I'm all excited about it....until I read all these posts on this ONE subject. Seems to me there are some awefully picky drinkers here. The classic covers almost all types of beer, all types of spirits, rums, vodkas, etc. Geez! Oh, well. we're still happy with our 123go! Deal. Thanks, Celebrity!

MD 20/20 and Strawberry Hill are called wine too, but no where close to a nice Peter Lehmann Shiraz. Only 3 of the beers on the Craft beer list were covered by the classic, and Bud is not a craft brew:eek:

. Anyone know if we can buy a bottle of bourbon for our cabin on board?

From the web site: Hope this helps;

The Premium Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Crown Royal®, Bombay Sapphire®, and Grey Goose®. In addition, you may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices.

*Starting from: 100.00 USD Per PACKAGE

The Classic Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Seagram's®, Beefeater®, Captain Morgan® and more. You may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices.

*Starting from: 80.00 USD Per PACKAGE

Heres the list from Eclipse last week. Pina Coladas and BBCs are also included but not listed. There are probably others too.

ezy6a9uq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see Pina Coladas on here. Since this is my favorite drink, is it included in the classic alcoholic package? Also, are cokes included in the classic alcoholic package?

I don't see Pina Coladas on here. Since this is my favorite drink, is it included in the classic alcoholic package? Also, are cokes included in the classic alcoholic package?

That's the problem with printing a specific drink list. there are literally thousands of specific adult beverages so no list will lever entail them all. Where's the purple purple fall - is it classic or premium? How about a sex on the beach? or a red-headed slut (all actual drinks one can buoy at many beach bards around the world). You get the point......

Pina colada is no different than a strawberry daiquiri (which is shown on the list). Frozen drink with booze aded in. If you want them to toss in a premium booze, then it will need to be a premium beverage package purhcase, if you take the house or well or cheap booze that comes standard, then it's classic. Like a rum runner with cheap rum, or get it with bacardi 151 and pay premium.

Cokes are in classic, as the classic included all lesser beverage packages and adds in lower brands of booze.

Edited by cle-guy

But you also have 0 reports of not be able pay the extra $ above the limit. IMO you can be sure if Celebrity changed this policy it would have been reported by someone.

But you also have 0 reports of not be able pay the extra $ above the limit. IMO you can be sure if Celebrity changed this policy it would have been reported by someone.

How dare you go and use some common sense on this forum, Shame on you! :D

BUT..when Celebrity comes here and posts that they are not 100% certain and will get back with an answer...and it has been almost 2 weeks and still no answer that it is 100% certain it's doable...would you not question it? COMMON SENSE tells me to wait for an answer.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Hello there,

Saw your Facebook post, and we have no reason to believe this has changed. We reached out to confirm, and will post/respond once we're absolutely sure. About 99% certain that you pay the difference with the Premium package still.

Sorry Celebrity...but had to bump this up as some think I just pulled this out of the air.

I agree it has to be written by Celebrity about the payment of the difference in the premium package because at 99% "sure" it still isn't a fact.

Sorry, I deleted my first response as I shouldn't lower myself to their level.

Just want to say thank you!

Edited by 20pluscruises

I think Celebrity (from April 2015) will have to have some decent wines included in the premium package as it's going to be given to the PH & RS people. No decent wines for paying premium prices & people may start looking at alternatives such as crystal & regent.

That's the problem with printing a specific drink list. there are literally thousands of specific adult beverages so no list will lever entail them all. Where's the purple purple fall - is it classic or premium? How about a sex on the beach? or a red-headed slut (all actual drinks one can buoy at many beach bards around the world). You get the point......

Pina colada is no different than a strawberry daiquiri (which is shown on the list). Frozen drink with booze aded in. If you want them to toss in a premium booze, then it will need to be a premium beverage package purhcase, if you take the house or well or cheap booze that comes standard, then it's classic. Like a rum runner with cheap rum, or get it with bacardi 151 and pay premium.

Cokes are in classic, as the classic included all lesser beverage packages and adds in lower brands of booze.

I still think you don't quite get it. I have followed this thread and many of the others for as long as you have. You and a few others seem to have trouble discerning between someone making a statement about the drinks they like and people complaining.

I have seen many posts that go something like "Pina coladas* are not on the list" or similar (*insert your favourite drink). I have not really taken any of them as complaints. Rather a poster just expressing a little disappointment that their favourite may be missing. The major complaints came because (I repeat again for the umpteenth time) the amount and variety of drinks was slashed across the board after people had paid for or taken the package as an inducement to book the cruise at a certain price point and time.

All I and most of the others who complained wanted to see is a list similar to the one which Celebrity have published. I now also see a cocktails list. It matters not to me in my evaluation of fair play if my favourite is there or not. What I do NOW see is a large list of which I am sure I can find more than a few that I and my DW will enjoy. There is plenty of choice all across the classic now so there appears to be no complaints from the original protagonists about the classic from what I can see. I also think that most if not all can also understand that not every one of the drinks listed will ALWAYS be available on each ship just as they understand that there will almost certainly be more than is on the list available on the classic.

The only 2 complaints that seems to still exist now are that the number of wines available on the premium has (or appears to have) been drastically reduced and that Celebrity has still not bothered to state 100% that punters with the premium only have to pay the extra above the premium limit if a drink falls outside their package.

Edited by woodyren

Cindy: This is the exact info that I am looking for! Since we have to buy a package (no 1-2-3 for us:() I am trying to sort out the options for husband and myself. Premium seems stiff when we are in port several days and not sitting at the pool since we will be in Alaska.

It adds up pretty quickly. We were on a very port intensive Baltic cruise, and I can tell you that even with access to the Elite events and free bottled water in our AQ cabin, I probably would have gotten my money's worth if we had paid out of pocket. Coffee from Café al Bacio is $5 a pop, and we both like Pellegrino with meals. The Martini Bar was a stop before dinner every day, and we drank at least a bottle of wine at dinner every night -- even though wine was by the glass, we always had a bottle on the table once the sommelier got to know our tastes and our habits. Tack on an after dinner drink, and you've pretty much met your quota!:) We also got in the habit of grabbing big bottles of water for tours as we were getting off the ship...it was a great way to make sure we stay hydrated, even in a cooler climate.

The only 2 complaints that seems to still exist now are that the number of wines available on the premium has (or appears to have) been drastically reduced and that Celebrity has still not bothered to state 100% that punters with the premium only have to pay the extra above the premium limit if a drink falls outside their package.

I'm looking at a couple pictures of the BLU "By the Glass" list. There are 14 reds, of which 11 work with the Premium package. Only 5 of them would work with the Classic package, and that's if the new allowance is $9.:eek: There are 12 whites...9 of them work with the Premium package and 6 would be available on the Classic package.

To me, that's just not a varied selection, when you consider palates, different varietals that people like or dislike, and selections that were on the list but they didn't have on board.:( Thankfully our sommelier found some other choices that worked for us, and since he knew we'd finish the bottle we got some things that weren't available on the list. I really enjoyed the package and have already chosen it again for another cruise, but I'd like to see some kind of modification for how wine is handled to incorporate more variety.

Edited by Cindy

I

I'm looking at a couple pictures of the BLU "By the Glass" list. There are 14 reds, of which 11 work with the Premium package. Only 5 of them would work with the Classic package, and that's if the new allowance is $9.:eek: There are 12 whites...9 of them work with the Premium package and 6 would be available on the Classic package.

To me, that's just not a varied selection, when you consider palates, different varietals that people like or dislike, and selections that were on the list but they didn't have on board.:( Thankfully our sommelier found some other choices that worked for us, and since he knew we'd finish the bottle we got some things that weren't available on the list. I really enjoyed the package and have already chosen it again for another cruise, but I'd like to see some kind of modification for how wine is handled to incorporate more variety.

Cindy

How recent is the list you're looking at?

It seems there have been some sizable increases in prices within the last month or so. :(

So even those 11 choices might be more than what's really currently available.

Edited by chamima

Cindy

How recent is the list you're looking at?

It seems there have been some sizable increases in prices within the last month or so. :(

So even those 11 choices might be more than what's really currently available.

The pictures are from last week...I just got off the Connie on Monday. The sommelier told us the wine prices had gone up considerably the day the ship arrived in Europe.:(