Official Celebrity Beverage Packages

Every time it seems that I have mastered the rules in place, someone changes the rules. (Read the book: Who moved my cheese?)

It would have been so much simpler, and created a lot less ill will, if Celebrity had simply raised the price of the basic and premium package with a limit similar to price increases in individual drinks within each package.

The starting point should have been after committed drink packages, whether as part of the booking promo or purchased, had expired.

The firestorm that Celebrity created could have been totally avoided and these boards might not have become so bitter.

Hi Celebrity!

Thanks for the lists.

Two questions....

-I usually drink Becks on the Classic package and it's not listed on either the classic or premium lists. Is it still, like Heineken a classic package included beer?

-O'Douls non alcoholic beer had always been covered on the classic package... at least when I asked for it, and was my other beer of choice when I wanted a beer without the buzz :p Is it really now a "premium" item? Kinda seems like a very odd move.... :confused:

Here is a post of costs on Solstice two weeks ago:

Lager:

Beer_37.jpg

Every time it seems that I have mastered the rules in place, someone changes the rules. (Read the book: Who moved my cheese?)

It would have been so much simpler, and created a lot less ill will, if Celebrity had simply raised the price of the basic and premium package with a limit similar to price increases in individual drinks within each package.

The starting point should have been after committed drink packages, whether as part of the booking promo or purchased, had expired.

The firestorm that Celebrity created could have been totally avoided and these boards might not have become so bitter.

Good suggestion. However Celebrity doesn't appear to honor commitments made under the rules in effect when program was purchased and paid. Remember the heat I took when I suggested that those who had fully paid cruises before the new point system went into effect be given points under the old rules? Should Celebrity honor their contracts? Yes! Will they honor their contracts? No! They are willing to take a short term hit in exchange for a potential long term gain. Guess it's just business.

Edited by Orator

Again - what about people without any package?

(Not asking for myself because we usually get the premium but every time I look at the prices I wonder how I'd feel if I were paying per drink.)

Edited by chamima

I'm still waiting for the official response promised yesterday about whether the Premium package still includes the "only pay the difference over $13/glass" caveat.

I was alarmed to see this was even a possibility. I just posed the question on Celebrity's "social media" site page and this is what I was told regarding whether you could still just pay the difference on a premium package.

"Yes if you have the premium . no to the classic. This has not changed"

I was alarmed to see this was even a possibility. I just posed the question on Celebrity's "social media" site page and this is what I was told regarding whether you could still just pay the difference on a premium package.

Thanks.

I love CC - always get the answers from our fellow travelers! :D

I do not see the discount for buying bottles of wine mentioned. I believe it was 20% off per bottle if you had the premium package. Is there still a discount and if so what is it? Thanks.

I'm still waiting for the official response promised yesterday about whether the Premium package still includes the "only pay the difference over $13/glass" caveat.

I believe all Celebrity have done is change the prices of the drinks down so they are back within the package prices. Alex was drinking Amaretto on the May 10th sailing and noticed the price drop towards the end, reflecting the changes that had been made.

On this sailing we got a 20% discount with premium package on bottles of wine.

We also were able to pay the difference on the premium package if going for a wine costing more than $15 per glass.

I think another complication that Celebrity have caused is their pricing changes for the UK market. I understand that they've decided that UK cruisers don't like prices advertised without the gratuity added, but it means online discussions get clouded by which pricing system is being discussed, and which package limit applies.

I'd be perfectly happy to have the prices listed without the 15% service charge and simply do the simply calculation in my head. It's really not that hard!

I believe all Celebrity have done is change the prices of the drinks down so they are back within the package prices. Alex was drinking Amaretto on the May 10th sailing and noticed the price drop towards the end, reflecting the changes that had been made.

On this sailing we got a 20% discount with premium package on bottles of wine.

We also were able to pay the difference on the premium package if going for a wine costing more than $15 per glass.

I think another complication that Celebrity have caused is their pricing changes for the UK market. I understand that they've decided that UK cruisers don't like prices advertised without the gratuity added, but it means online discussions get clouded by which pricing system is being discussed, and which package limit applies.

I'd be perfectly happy to have the prices listed without the 15% service charge and simply do the simply calculation in my head. It's really not that hard!

This isn't really new and I don't understand why it's suddenly a big deal.

In winter of 2013 we sailed the Eclipse in Australia/New Zealand and the gratuities were added into the prices posted there, also. After some confusion the first day everyone understood and did fine with it.

"Outraged" is a bit strong for me, but am a bit upset. Seems that a number of wines have been raised beyond the amount allowed on the premium package. Like you I enjoy Conundrum. Pouilly-Fuse is also no longer in the Premium price range. Perhaps we can request a half pour for half the price and keep refilling (a joke). Perhaps they could increase the amounts to $10 for Classic and $15 for Premium. Wouldn't cover all the increase, but reduce cost somewhat. I get the Premium Package as a loyalty perk and can get what I want in Michael's Club, so I really don't have a reason to be too upset. But I can most certainly understand why those who pay either through a booking perk choice or cash would be even outraged.

So if you had to pay...would you go with the premium package or pay as you go? Our out-of-pocket when paying cash is close to the cost of two premium packages (DH likes his wine) We were ready to purchase the premium packages, but now I'm confused as to what would be the smarter choice. :confused::confused:

So if you had to pay...would you go with the premium package or pay as you go? Our out-of-pocket when paying cash is close to the cost of two premium packages (DH likes his wine) We were ready to purchase the premium packages, but now I'm confused as to what would be the smarter choice. :confused::confused:

I'm really not a drinker so by the drink would be better for me. As one moves up the loyalty ladder they receive more benefits. I thought that the coffee and tea benefit at Elite+ was fantastic. That by itself would have been fine for me. A new Zenith is contacted by Celebrity and asked what package they want. I suspect that most would choose the Premium even if they never plan to use it. Everybody's situation is different and you need to calculate at what point a particular package makes sense for you. Might do a thread search. I believe that there was some cost calculations in past threads on this topic.

This isn't really new and I don't understand why it's suddenly a big deal.

In winter of 2013 we sailed the Eclipse in Australia/New Zealand and the gratuities were added into the prices posted there, also. After some confusion the first day everyone understood and did fine with it.

It's not confusing while on board at all. It just makes it more difficult to discuss when you're on forums etc.

Without being quite explicit about the itinerary you sailed on, there can be confusion if you say that drinks in the Martini Bar are $14. Americans who don't ever sail from the UK might think that the prices have gone up, and UK cruisers who don't know otherwise won't understand what the confusion is for. Similarly, the package limits aren't just +15%; they're rounded to make everything a bit 'neater', so that adds additional complication when comparing prices and identifying where prices have changed.

Not that big of a deal, and it doesn't really bother me much. You just need to be a bit careful when looking at forums!

I'm really not a drinker so by the drink would be better for me. As one moves up the loyalty ladder they receive more benefits. I thought that the coffee and tea benefit at Elite+ was fantastic. That by itself would have been fine for me. A new Zenith is contacted by Celebrity and asked what package they want. I suspect that most would choose the Premium even if they never plan to use it. Everybody's situation is different and you need to calculate at what point a particular package makes sense for you. Might do a thread search. I believe that there was some cost calculations in past threads on this topic.

Thanks!!! I think we'll just purchase the packages...it covers large martinis, right?

Are you getting close to Zenith? :)

It's not confusing while on board at all. It just makes it more difficult to discuss when you're on forums etc.

Without being quite explicit about the itinerary you sailed on, there can be confusion if you say that drinks in the Martini Bar are $14. Americans who don't ever sail from the UK might think that the prices have gone up, and UK cruisers who don't know otherwise won't understand what the confusion is for. Similarly, the package limits aren't just +15%; they're rounded to make everything a bit 'neater', so that adds additional complication when comparing prices and identifying where prices have changed.

Not that big of a deal, and it doesn't really bother me much. You just need to be a bit careful when looking at forums!

Agreed.

And I understood your first explanation as well.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Hello there,

Saw your Facebook post, and we have no reason to believe this has changed. We reached out to confirm, and will post/respond once we're absolutely sure. About 99% certain that you pay the difference with the Premium package still.

Hello there,

Saw your Facebook post, and we have no reason to believe this has changed. We reached out to confirm, and will post/respond once we're absolutely sure. About 99% certain that you pay the difference with the Premium package still.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Yes, not sure where I got that $14.00 at? In looking at a recipe for a glass of Amarone, I was charged $8.50 plus 15% tip $1.28 for a total of 9.78. The Amarone was $21.50 per glass, on the Tuscan Grille wine list.:confused:

Never gave it a second thought, as my wife did the ordering and I did the drinking. But do seem to remember paying upcharges only a few times.

Think you might have just answered your own question bill... :D

Does anyone have a list of what the classic packages used to have in regards to craft beers? My husband is saying he saw Newcastle included in the classic but now it's in premium. We bought the classic under assumptions of certain beers being included...now we will be forced to upgrade or pay out of pocket.

Is there also a list of mixed drinks? Was there ever a list?

Your not being forced to upgrade or pay out of pocket... If you were truly only going to use the classic package to drink Newcastle brown ale then cancel the package and use the cost of the package to drink the ship dry of Newcastle brown ale! :D

Just so that you are aware my advice received has been that you cannot sell a package listing items and then change them before the Customer has received what he paid for. Obviously you can change prices of any particular drink at any time, BUT if you have Customers who have already purchased a package you cannot by UK Law change what they are getting, here is what the law says

Your consumer rights – products must be:

• of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect and be free of any defects
  • fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader
  • as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you

Some people really have nothing better to do then complain... Celebrity have changed something... Get over it!

Good luck with taking celebrity to court! Don't forget to update us all when you fail!!!

But as with most of the complainers on here talk is easy actions are harder!!

A new Zenith is contacted by Celebrity and asked what package they want.

Charles,

Have they changed the way they give Zenith the free beverage package?

For ALL of the 10+ cruises we have sailed on since the conversion our TA had to "buy" the premium package for us even though the cost was $0.00.

Tom

Well just wanted to say well done celebrity for clearing things up regarding the drinks package lists,

I for one however didn't really feel the need for the new lists as it was all pretty clear to me what I was getting for free as part of the recent offers and also what I got for purchasing the premium package... Yes I have 1 cruise booked with it free and 1 that I purchased it and to be completely honest I am struggling to understand the amount of posts with all the complaining about it...

I guess some people are never happier then when they are having a good old moan...

I am so looking forward to my cruises with the drinks package and plan to enjoy ever last drop of it! :D

Hello there,

Well just wanted to say well done celebrity for clearing things up regarding the drinks package lists,

I really do hope you don't run a business because if you think the above quote is clearing things up then I dread to think what state your accounts are in - about 99% correct :eek:! Perhaps we all need someone to reach out to :rolleyes:.

Personally, as I don't drink that much, I'm not too bothered about what's on the lists. However, I think most people here are complaining more about the way X have handled, and continue to handle, the situation. This is apparent in the above quote: what company cannot tell you 100% exactly what the T&C are for a product they have constructed and continue to sell? If they are unsure, well where does that leave the rest of us, especially the poor staff onboard?

Call me old-fashioned, but surely it would have been far more professional to have had a definitive answer before posting on a social media site :confused:. It only adds to the lack of confidence that already surrounds this unfortunate situation. If this had been thought through initially, with the correct information being released before prices/packages were changed, then perhaps there wouldn't be so many complaints? Just a thought.