Official Celebrity Beverage Packages

I feel that the premium package has been given the deep-6. They raise the limit for the classic package and then they raise the wine prices so that the wines we had just a month or so ago in the premium package are well over the $13 limit. You know we will want to have the wines we had before so they get more money.

Nothing different from most companies. Just thought Celebrity appreciated those that were willing to pay the extra for perks. I guess it was not enough.

We are cruising in 9 days so I will let you know when we get back how our Premium package went.

Good suggestion. However Celebrity doesn't appear to honor commitments made under the rules in effect when program was purchased and paid. Remember the heat I took when I suggested that those who had fully paid cruises before the new point system went into effect be given points under the old rules? Should Celebrity honor their contracts? Yes! Will they honor their contracts? No! They are willing to take a short term hit in exchange for a potential long term gain. Guess it's just business.

I don't disagree with your idea, it would have made a lot less of an issue for Celebrity. However, knowing the challenges Celebrity continued to have with ALL things IT, you'd be asking for a LOT for them to get this right on a ship. It would take a pretty sophisticated and modern system(for a cruise line, not a junior programmer) to take the bookings, keep track at what limits each booking / person had, send that to the ships billing system and connect it properly to their F&B system.

The screw up enough account issue, this could be a nightmare if they tried to split it out by when it was purchased!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I really do hope you don't run a business because if you think the above quote is clearing things up then I dread to think what state your accounts are in - about 99% correct :eek:! Perhaps we all need someone to reach out to :rolleyes:.

Personally, as I don't drink that much, I'm not too bothered about what's on the lists. However, I think most people here are complaining more about the way X have handled, and continue to handle, the situation. This is apparent in the above quote: what company cannot tell you 100% exactly what the T&C are for a product they have constructed and continue to sell? If they are unsure, well where does that leave the rest of us, especially the poor staff onboard?

Call me old-fashioned, but surely it would have been far more professional to have had a definitive answer before posting on a social media site :confused:. It only adds to the lack of confidence that already surrounds this unfortunate situation. If this had been thought through initially, with the correct information being released before prices/packages were changed, then perhaps there wouldn't be so many complaints? Just a thought.

I don't think you're hearing from management who make or know these decisions. The person responding is a marketing / social media assistant. Maybe the person who needs to verify how it is all working was off, sick, had an emergency, who knows. He or she answered, she's pretty sure, but needs to get the email back from the person who has authority to say. Email, yes, oh email, from Celebrity, we know how their IT is and how long _that_ could take.

Welcome to "bureaucracy in business".

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Good suggestion. However Celebrity doesn't appear to honor commitments made under the rules in effect when program was purchased and paid. Remember the heat I took when I suggested that those who had fully paid cruises before the new point system went into effect be given points under the old rules? Should Celebrity honor their contracts? Yes! Will they honor their contracts? No! They are willing to take a short term hit in exchange for a potential long term gain. Guess it's just business.

I remember...and you were right then and you are right this time.

I see that Heineken is on the list of included drinks on the classic package. However, it was priced at $7 last week when I was on the Eclipse, so it would appear to be above the $6 threshold for beer on the classic package. I believe the prices were raised for the summer season on the Eclipse, since the prices reportedly now include tips since the ship is sailing from the UK all summer. Maybe this explains why it is above $6 but still on the included list.

Are you for real ?! Great Marketing Tool ?

"""Many of us really like the approach as it allows us to cost effectively go over the Premium Limits for certain wines and International beers. Also it allows new brands that fall within the limits to automatically be included."""

The Classic Package is increased to $9 for wine but remains at $13 for Premium with several wines previously included now priced above the package that we paid extra for.

Excellent Job ??

""Your effort should result in a very clear understanding for everyone.""

Yeah Right -- we are all happy with the Premium Package Wine List being Dudded.

Yes, I am. The free Classic package is being offered as an option for on board bookings and an option in numerous 123 Promo. Great marketing IMO

Many of us feel very fortunate and not dubbed at all. We love the program as do many others.

I have never viewed the programs as lists, but as limits. I have never been unable to find drinks that I enjoy.

And obviously you understand the current program and you have the option to pick your perk or not purchase a package if it is not free.

Edited by jagoffee

I would agree with you that on new purchases of the Classic package that buyers are now aware that the list means absolutely nothing . That is for Celebrity to decide if its good for them, however they cannot retrospectively do what they have done and remain inside of the Consumer legislation

Are you sure that the program did not always have the same limit definition? I do not believe Celebrity ever stated that if an item on a list was over the limit that is was included.

This isn't really new and I don't understand why it's suddenly a big deal.

In winter of 2013 we sailed the Eclipse in Australia/New Zealand and the gratuities were added into the prices posted there, also. After some confusion the first day everyone understood and did fine with it.

Agreed, it works fine onboard.

It's just when people try to prepare online checking prices and inclusions, that you have two different sets of prices, and many posters even refer to the wrong details if they do talk about the difference.

But that's part of the fun of preparing - no need to change things onboard. I prefer the inclusive price in fact.

What if you have the Classic package but want something more expensive, say from the Premium package? Do you pay the difference?

First, welcome to Cruise Critic. Sorry, but if you have the Classic Package you pay the ENTIRE amount for the drink. Only the Premium Package allows you to pay the difference between the drink price limit and the cost of a drink that is more than the allowable. That's a major advantage in purchasing a Premium Package if you like higher price drinks.

Are you sure that the program did not always have the same limit definition? I do not believe Celebrity ever stated that if an item on a list was over the limit that is was included.

That isnt the point, the point is that the Celebrity issued list changed, if they had never issued a list then everything would have been OK and they could change the price of anything so that it wasnt included.

As it happens it doesnt make that much of a difference now as most of the excluded items are back on the classic now, unless of couse you like drinking Jamesons, with an O'Douls washed down with a Becks!

First, welcome to Cruise Critic. Sorry, but if you have the Classic Package you pay the ENTIRE amount for the drink. Only the Premium Package allows you to pay the difference between the drink price limit and the cost of a drink that is more than the allowable. That's a major advantage in purchasing a Premium Package if you like higher price drinks.

Thank you for the kind welcome and the information, Orator. I looked at the list and as a bourbon / whiskey guy, I suppose with Jack and Jim being covered by the Classic package, I'll be ok.

I am thankful for the list that the "official" Celebrity Cruises member posted here.

However, I hope they also spread it onboard so there won't be any more confusion about what is included and what's not. It seems that the poor guests being onboard while changing the prices suffered most as the employees didn't have this list or a temporary one with lots of cutbacks.

I also think that this list should have been ready long time ago and communicated to all employees. That way, the change could have been much more smoother and resulting in less negative comments here.

To me, this was very unprofessional and also easy to avoid. Lucky we might come to an end know.

Edited by UniPac

I know it was asked, but I think it got lost in the back and forth 'discussions'...

Anyone have a list of mixed drinks/cocktails that are included in the classic package?!

Very interested in pina coladas and frozen mudslides. TIA!

I know it was asked, but I think it got lost in the back and forth 'discussions'...

Anyone have a list of mixed drinks/cocktails that are included in the classic package?!

Very interested in pina coladas and frozen mudslides. TIA!

Heres the list from Eclipse last week. Pina Coladas and BBCs are also included but not listed. There are probably others too.

ezy6a9uq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also booked on Celebrity this October 2014. I have read all the negative reports about the classic drink package too. So I emailed Michael Bayley President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises office .I was assured that we are being heard. His office replied promptly and sent me all the information that we will need to get a drink on our cruise. The policies on the ships were not being followed the same across the company.They are fixing the problem now. Let's give them a chance to get it right. I have sailed many times on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise lines and have never been disappointed.

[

I also booked on Celebrity this October 2014. I have read all the negative reports about the classic drink package too. So I emailed Michael Bayley President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises office .I was assured that we are being heard. His office replied promptly and sent me all the information that we will need to get a drink on our cruise. The policies on the ships were not being followed the same across the company.They are fixing the problem now. Let's give them a chance to get it right. I have sailed many times on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise lines and have never been disappointed.

[

From all of the future cruisers

THANK YOU !! :D

Thank you for sharing this with us, this is what I suspected for a while, but it is good to see it confirmed from the top man.

I am very happy to see that virtually all of the items previously available will be available to current and future cruisers who have the Classic drinks package.

I do also beleive that but for those who raised this issue with various Celebrity employees and in various forums and media outlets that the situation would have been far from satisfactory.

I really hope that Celebrity can move on from here as this must have hurt

their Customer relations significantly, and sincerley hope that they continue to provide the experience that they are renowned for, absolutely looking forward now to July!

Thank you for sharing this with us, this is what I suspected for a while, but it is good to see it confirmed from the top man.

I am very happy to see that virtually all of the items previously available will be available to current and future cruisers who have the Classic drinks package.

I do also beleive that but for those who raised this issue with various Celebrity employees and in various forums and media outlets that the situation would have been far from satisfactory.

I really hope that Celebrity can move on from here as this must have hurt

their Customer relations significantly, and sincerley hope that they continue to provide the experience that they are renowned for, absolutely looking forward now to July!

I do hope they realize that a lot of their customers jumped to the premium package during the uproar and they need to keep that in mind when they get back to us about "premium pay the difference price"...

I do hope they realize that a lot of their customers jumped to the premium package during the uproar and they need to keep that in mind when they get back to us about "premium pay the difference price"...

They have already said that there has been no change to Premium conditions havent they?, cant remember where it is documented but I am sure I have seen that somewhere.

Someone with a better memory than me may remember!

Edited by SWORRUB1
spelling!

They have already said that there has been no change to Premium conditions havent they?, cant remember where it is documented but I am sure I have seen that somewhere.

Someone with a better memory than me may remember!

You saw a statement by "celebrity cruise" that they were 99.5% sure that it was still part of the program, but they were going to check on it. We're waiting for the official answer.

Apparently we should ask a new question...if the martini bar offers a special and a martini is $6, is it included in the classic package since it is under the drink price limit? Answer on the ship was NO! That's a mystery to me....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42939317&postcount=5

Edited by ghstudio

You saw a statement by "celebrity cruise" that they were 99.5% sure that it was still part of the program, but they were going to check on it. We're waiting for the official answer.

We now have a new question...if the martini bar offers a special and a martini is $6, is it included in the classic package since it is under the drink price limit? Answer on the ship was NO! That's a mystery to me....

GH - interesting point you have mentioned and I would be baffled as well. If the drink packages are set up to allow for covering drinks up to a certain price point, why should it matter where the drink was purchased on the ship??? Also, if/when a drink special is less than its normal price and happens to fall in the range of the Classic drink package, I would also expect that drink to be covered by the drink package... JMO.

Walter

GH - interesting point you have mentioned and I would be baffled as well. If the drink packages are set up to allow for covering drinks up to a certain price point, why should it matter where the drink was purchased on the ship??? Also, if/when a drink special is less than its normal price and happens to fall in the range of the Classic drink package, I would also expect that drink to be covered by the drink package... JMO.

Walter

It says exactly that specials are not covered with the Classic drinks package on 'The Preismans' menus for Martini bar

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm

Walter

It's a special offered to those without a package plain and simple. It's not a new change - check out the wording on this menu from 6 months ago.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#martini