BOGOHO extended/ can I combine it?

I am curious to know why this sale was extended? It could be because it was wildly successful and if you tie up your customers dollars over the next 18 months, they don't go to the competition...or it was not successful and you need more time to get the word out. I would love to know.

I am curious to know why this sale was extended? It could be because it was wildly successful and if you tie up your customers dollars over the next 18 months, they don't go to the competition...or it was not successful and you need more time to get the word out. I would love to know.

I would say it is extended because it was successful- most cruises I have looked at have gone up considerably since it started May 1. There are still savings to be had but on a lot of sailings not as much as there was In the first week that it started

Edited by molly361

I would say partly because it is a success, keeping it away from the competition as you stated and also cash build-up for some of the new builds they have committed to. Not sure what the financing arrangements are (100% financing or less than), but I would guess they may have to contribute some equity (cash) to build those ships.

The "sale" had been extended - what a joke. So Royal, are you surprised that after dramatically raising the prices during this "sale" (and playing it off as supply & demand) you haven't sold as many cabins as you originally hoped?!? You mean this tactic didn't work out in your favor?! Shocking! If this WAS a legitimate and proper sale, the company would not at this point have the need, nor the capacity, to extend such a sale. Wow, just wow.

And just to note, we did in fact book a sailing on Oasis for March, but we are only keepingtthis reservation IF the price comes down between now and our final payment date in early December. There is no way we can in good conscience keep a reservation purchased during a "sale" that was significantly cheaper before the sale even started. Unacceptable.

Edited by joeski27

The "sale" had been extended - what a joke. So Royal, are you surprised that after dramatically raising the prices during this "sale" (and playing it off as supply & demand) you haven't sold as many cabins as you originally hoped?!? You mean this tactic didn't work out in your favor?! Shocking! If this WAS a legitimate and proper sale, the company would not at this point have the need, nor the capacity, to extend such a sale. Wow, just wow.

This is my 4th time booking FOS and this sale yielded the cheapest price to date for what we normally book. On top of that, with this WOW sale added to the mix I was able to get OBCs - can't get much better I don't think. I guess everyone isn't having the same luck though.

This is my 4th time booking FOS and this sale yielded the cheapest price to date for what we normally book. On top of that, with this WOW sale added to the mix I was able to get OBCs - can't get much better I don't think. I guess everyone isn't having the same luck though.

Same with me, I know it wasn't a true bogo but I have never been able to book Oasis for 4, way too expensive. I booked for 2016, got the rooms I wanted, $250 obc from T/A, $100 next obc and only $100pp deposit so for us it worked out well. Again not a true bogo but still less than normal.

Only negative it's too freaking far away.....:D

For some itinerary the price is really up and the sale is not worth it but if you look carefully you will find a great deal. I have never paid so little for a royal Caribbean ship in my life

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Same with me, I know it wasn't a true bogo but I have never been able to book Oasis for 4, way too expensive. I booked for 2016, got the rooms I wanted, $250 obc from T/A, $100 next obc and only $100pp deposit so for us it worked out well. Again not a true bogo but still less than normal.

Only negative it's too freaking far away.....:D

Yes ours is almost 500 days away as well.. Oh well, by the time it sneaks up on you it's all paid for and you can enjoy it :)

And just to note, we did in fact book a sailing on Oasis for March, but we are only keepingtthis reservation IF the price comes down between now and our final payment date in early December. There is no way we can in good conscience keep a reservation purchased during a "sale" that was significantly cheaper before the sale even started. Unacceptable.

Since you are an expert on rci sales and bookings I am sure you are aware that for every one person who hates the deal, a thousand others will love it:rolleyes::D

I certainly agree that with the prices going up during the sale, you're not really getting as good a deal as you think. Yes you still have to shop around.

The real question should be, "Is this cruise costing me less that it would have without the sale?" IMO, if it is $1 cheaper, then it is a sale. When did the definition of "sale" morph into "if it's not a boatload cheaper, then it's not a sale and not worth the effort"?

Did we save a lot over the five cruises we booked? Yes and no. The biggest was $800, and the smallest was ~$100, and the average was ~$600. Is $800 better than $100? Sure, but even $100 is better than $0;)

Would I be able to combine with a future cruise cruise certificate? I booked around 9:30 last night thinking the BOGOHO would be over at midnight. Since it's an old certificate I don't want to lose the higher value. But an extra hundred would be nice. Thanks.

The real question should be, "Is this cruise costing me less that it would have without the sale?" IMO, if it is $1 cheaper, then it is a sale. When did the definition of "sale" morph into "if it's not a boatload cheaper, then it's not a sale and not worth the effort"?

Did we save a lot over the five cruises we booked? Yes and no. The biggest was $800, and the smallest was ~$100, and the average was ~$600. Is $800 better than $100? Sure, but even $100 is better than $0;)

I agree. And as someone stated above, you got the best deal if you booked something when this promo first started. Now with prices moving up, it's harder to tell WHAT the real savings is. I have another 4-night) cruise in mind next April but I will wait till 6weeks before to book. I'm thinking that with price drops and cancellations just before final payment, the price could be the same or even lower at that time. But there's no guarantees what the price will be at that point. I think it will end up close to where it is now. Longer more expensive cruises it makes more sense to use the promo, but it's all really confusing to the veteran cruiser while the new ones think they're getting truly 50% off the 2nd person. We all know that's not REALLY the case.

One trip for me-Anthem of the Seas-it makes no difference. The price is a premium and no promos for that ship. I booked early to get my preferred stateroom. Hoping for price drop but doubtful on that.

It will be interesting to see how prices adjust after July 15.

Would I be able to combine with a future cruise cruise certificate? I booked around 9:30 last night thinking the BOGOHO would be over at midnight. Since it's an old certificate I don't want to lose the higher value. But an extra hundred would be nice. Thanks.

The Next Cruise Cert is combinable with everything. You'll have to make sure your TA applies it to your reservation. You'll need to call them and get it straightened out but it should be ok

I agree. And as someone stated above, you got the best deal if you booked something when this promo first started. Now with prices moving up, it's harder to tell WHAT the real savings is. I have another 4-night) cruise in mind next April but I will wait till 6weeks before to book. I'm thinking that with price drops and cancellations just before final payment, the price could be the same or even lower at that time. But there's no guarantees what the price will be at that point. I think it will end up close to where it is now. Longer more expensive cruises it makes more sense to use the promo, but it's all really confusing to the veteran cruiser while the new ones think they're getting truly 50% off the 2nd person. We all know that's not REALLY the case.

One trip for me-Anthem of the Seas-it makes no difference. The price is a premium and no promos for that ship. I booked early to get my preferred stateroom. Hoping for price drop but doubtful on that.

It will be interesting to see how prices adjust after July 15.

I went ahead and booked a short one for April 2015 (5 nights) It is not really a bargain but not too bad either. At least there is plenty of time to change or cancel after this promo ends and we see what prices are at that time.

I also booked a 4 night one for April 2016:eek: on the BR. Got a balcony for around $155 per day after C and A balcony discount. That's not too bad. Kind of far away- long time to wait. At least some of the prices that far out have not spiked yet

Edited by molly361

What do you do about insurance? Do you buy it when booking to get coverage of preexisting conditions, or do you wait and find an insurance company that doesn't require such early purchase? I think we will book a couple of cruises during this promotion but want to understand the insurance angle. I won't take a cruise without it.

Comparing our 2014 cruises with the identical 2015/2016 BOGOHO cruises: Same week, same ship, same cabin (one of the benefits of booking ahead :), same itinerary:

October 2014 - $1337

October 2015 - $1209

NYE 2014 - $3744

NYE 2015 - $2682

March 2014 - $2062

March 2015 - $1739

July 2014 - $1769

July 2015 - $1497

And my favorite:)

March 2015 (BOGOHO) - $1739

March 2016 (BOGOHO) - $1656

Edited by orville99

All in all, still a nice final quote, however a littler misleading. Anyone else feel the same?

Yes, I do!

The 50% reduction is off the full price for single passenger including the single supplement, so VERY misleading.

I had the same cruise priced with:

1. the BOGO and C n A discount;

2. the WOW 4 day sale with $100 OBC.

The BOGO and CnA discount was less by about $200 so I went with that. Reduced deposits were eligible for both. I think different folks will benefit with different combination of discounts. So the best is to call and get your cruise priced.

Edited by Arzeena

Oh - I read that wrong - All I saw was offer is not combinable with any other promotion. But the line before that says it is combinable with BOGO. So confusing!

So if that's the case and you have already booked under the BOGOHO sale, why couldn't you just cancel the first booking and rebook to get the OBC and the 1/2 off a second guest?

DO NOT cancel and rebook you will end not getting your OBC

In the past, even this year if you cancel and rebook for a WOW sale you can loose all the extras.

What do you do about insurance? Do you buy it when booking to get coverage of preexisting conditions, or do you wait and find an insurance company that doesn't require such early purchase? I think we will book a couple of cruises during this promotion but want to understand the insurance angle. I won't take a cruise without it.

I usually book my insurance later. I use CSA Luxe which covers pre existing as long as you purchase within 24 hours of final payment.

There are other policies that you can purchase later as well.