Celebrity Webpage Changes GOOD NEWS!

SWORRUB1

I don't believe it is an issue with the web page, but a problem with the website's connection to the database(s) where the cruise information is stored. I have five cruises booked, but can only view three. On the two I cannot view I get the message mentioned

Of course to us users, all that matters is that the site doesn't work. I do this type of work for a living and cannot believe it hasn't been fixed.

I don't believe it is an issue with the web page, but a problem with the website's connection to the database(s) where the cruise information is stored. I have five cruises booked, but can only view three. On the two I cannot view I get the message mentioned

Of course to us users, all that matters is that the site doesn't work. I do this type of work for a living and cannot believe it hasn't been fixed.

Exactly, this issue (along with several others :rolleyes:) has been around for a long time now as well.:D

Please forward your CV to Celebrity! Do you like Miami?

The booking error appears to be a server issue rather than a database connection fault, as it complains about an input parameter (which hasn't come from the client).

The odder thing though is how long it takes to fix such a major error.

Edited by The_Big_M

We sail a week on Sunday and have been trying to print our Xpress pass for the last three weeks. Just keep getting a 'site undergoing maintenance' popup message. I've tried it on four different computers and a combination of browsers, all make no difference.

Ho hum...

We have hard copies of all our e-tickets etc, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue at the port, but i'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if I could print the final bit of paper.

Edited by Pocketjem

We sail a week on Sunday and have been trying to print our Xpress pass for the last three weeks. Just keep getting a 'site undergoing maintenance' popup message. I've tried it on four different computers and a combination of browsers, all make no difference.

Ho hum...

We have hard copies of all our e-tickets etc, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue at the port, but i'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if I could print the final bit of paper.

I agree, I always like to take that last print off the day before the cruise so that it is the latest version.:D

I have two future bookings on Celebrity. When I log in to My Celebrity, both bookings show up. When I click on Manage Reservation, one of the bookings opens up just fine. But when I try to open the other, I get the following message in red:

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

This problem has been happening for over a week. Yesterday I called website support to report the problem and they said it should be fixed within 24 hours. Still waiting...

I only have one cruise booked...and I have been getting the (above in RED) message now for almost a month!!! I want to see my booking NOW cause I have somethings I want to take care of. But I am unable to even see if I have a cabin assignment or excursions or if I am off the waitlist for TDR. This is the pits not being able to access a booking. I called X yesterday and the rep said so many other pax were having the same problem but she would put in a complaint for me. That is all well and good...but when is X going to get their website fixed?!!!:mad::mad: I can tell you...this is my 1st X cruise and I am sure I will enjoy the cruise, but I doubt I will be a returning pax for another X-cruise if X-website does not work any better than it has as of yet. How on Earth do they stay in biz?!!

Edited by monakayk

I only have one cruise booked...and I have been getting the (above in RED) message now for almost a month!!! I want to see my booking NOW cause I have somethings I want to take care of. But I am unable to even see if I have a cabin assignment or excursions or if I am off the waitlist for TDR. This is the pits not being able to access a booking. I called X yesterday and the rep said so many other pax were having the same problem but she would put in a complaint for me. That is all well and good...but when is X going to get their website fixed?!!!:mad::mad: I can tell you...this is my 1st X cruise and I am sure I will enjoy the cruise, but I doubt I will be a returning pax for another X-cruise if X-website does not work any better than it has as of yet. How on Earth do they stay in biz?!!

It is such a shame that you have to go through this but their cruises are generally very well run with great ships, staff and service.

Because of these good points, people are prepared to overlook all the website issues and that is how they stay in business. I hope they resolve your issues soon.:D

Booking excursions has now changed, and I can see all of the ones that didnt previously appear, however you cannot now book them as everytime you select one you go back to the page that you started from and keep being asked to login, which I already am!

It is progressing but slowly!!!!

Still no sign of the OBC on my booking

I now get a "Site Under Maintenance"message for the cruises I could previously access. Coming up on final payment. Hope this gets fixed.

"My Celebrity" worked well for two days and once again it is "under maintenance?"

Life is too short to continue with this nonsense. I am going on the wagon and will try again if they ever announce it is fixed.

"My Celebrity" worked well for two days and once again it is "under maintenance?"

Life is too short to continue with this nonsense. I am going on the wagon and will try again if they ever announce it is fixed.

Don't hold your breath.:eek:

Thought after reading this thread I would have a look and see if I could get on to mine, and it seems to be working, but according to the drink package I am going to Australia, last time I looked it was a Galapagos inner loop!!! Will we really go to Norway or does Celebrity have a surprise in store?:confused:

Thought after reading this thread I would have a look and see if I could get on to mine, and it seems to be working, but according to the drink package I am going to Australia, last time I looked it was a Galapagos inner loop!!! Will we really go to Norway or does Celebrity have a surprise in store?:confused:

Any of those itineraries are good.:D

Tried to do a ghost booking yesterday and today. No luck on selecting a cabin...system crapped out.

Celebrity are probably bleeding revenue on this. In my case it was for Alaska.

The Princess site is working just fine.

Booking excursions has now changed, and I can see all of the ones that didnt previously appear, however you cannot now book them as everytime you select one you go back to the page that you started from and keep being asked to login, which I already am!

Still no mention of Montego Bay or any excursions for that port for our cruise...wish they would get this resolved but obviously there are bigger issues.

Have shareholders been given any updates..?

Been trying to review a cruise Sydney to Hawaii in 2016 for close on 3 weeks now with no luck. Haven't been able to book anything for my current bookings for the same amount of time. Then yesterday I get an email telling me my Xpress Docs are ready for the next cruise (WOW 129 days out, that seems early to me) but when I logged on to see them, no luck, not to mention suddenly I had no bookings at all - they had disappeared :eek:

Then I thought I would give a try this morning, all bookings back up and running, Xpress Docs ready to print. I thought I would print them now - just in case - because you guessed it as soon as I had finished printing the docs, down went the site again and no access. Oh well at least I have my docs for October :rolleyes:

Been trying to review a cruise Sydney to Hawaii in 2016 for close on 3 weeks now with no luck. Haven't been able to book anything for my current bookings for the same amount of time. Then yesterday I get an email telling me my Xpress Docs are ready for the next cruise (WOW 129 days out, that seems early to me) but when I logged on to see them, no luck, not to mention suddenly I had no bookings at all - they had disappeared :eek:

Then I thought I would give a try this morning, all bookings back up and running, Xpress Docs ready to print. I thought I would print them now - just in case - because you guessed it as soon as I had finished printing the docs, down went the site again and no access. Oh well at least I have my docs for October :rolleyes:

Wise move I think. Print it out while it works.:D

Just an update, sorry for quoting my own post!

Before you login to 'My Celebrity' the list of shore excursions shown as available is a list of all possible shore excursions for that port. After you have logged in the only ones displayed are ones that are applicable to your sailing. Therefore just because you see an excursion outside of login do not assume that it will be available for your specific cruise, you need to login in to see available ones. I assumed incorrectly that this issue was caused by a webpage error and as it turned out it isn't, it works like that!

I found this out today after ringing up Celebrity and asking that question, the wait time on the phone was perfectly acceptable and Ian in the Excursions dept was very helpful.

Still no OBC showing though on cruise planner, or Order History

Edited by SWORRUB1
Spelling and tidy up!

This gets to something that I think X's on-board customer service is AWFUL at, and I have written in these forums a couple times about and indicated on my last 2 post cruise surveys about. And mind you, I generally say the on board experience is 100$ better than shoreside in accommodating issues.....

While one thinks having paper copies of their reservations details, and "proof" of OBC, perks, excursions etc. within these documents, I see so many people standing in line at Guest Services 1st night and 2nd day feuding with desk staff about those missing perks, waiving those printouts at the clerks. All the clerks ever do is say We'll look into it, and let me see, "computer says no". Well of course "computer says no" otherwise the person wouldn't be standing there waiving their documents! I've even seen staff outright tell the customer "sir those papers don't help me, as I can only see what the computer says, I'll have to call corporate later and research it further".

So all I'm saying is while the printouts tend to give us all a "warm fuzzy" sense of comfort, in reality they are worthless to try and make a case at Guest Services, though post-cruise they would guarantee a win with any sort of disp[ute with a Credit Card company against X for non-delivery.

They really need to train the desk staff to deal better, empower them (seems like they can't hardly do anything when it comes to folio errors on their own) or come up with a process that is more guest-focused in these circumstances, such as take the customers "proof" have customer sign some sort of agreement that they will get the benefit during the investigation, and in the event the investigations proves otherwise the lien can remove the perk and the customer will pay for the services rendered. Something to let the customer leave the desk feeling like a winner, rather than like they lost a battle. SOMETHING. Make up a folio credit called "Provisional OBC" and post the credit for the value of the alleged missing perk so guest sees it, but also sees PROVISIONAL.

I understand also a lot of those arguments have to do with 3rd party perks (from TA's etc) and the guest really does not know for 100% certain that 3rd party followed thru with their part...or they may have a printout from 4 months ago, but "forgot" they changed their reservation for some reason - cheaper fare, new cabin, etc - and as such lost a previously granted perl that no longer applies - but you'd think in hose instances, a properly trained staff could point out those changes and how it related to the perk not "I need to call corporate".

Edited by cle-guy

A customer (not Celebrity itself) posted these helpful emails and phone numbers on their Facebook page to get some service without using website:

There are options to getting in touch with Celebrity other than the website.

Please allow 48 hours or 2 business days for a response.

OR call - 800-722-5941 This is not a main number BUT a number specifically for the above depts. Listen for the correct prompt.

A customer (not Celebrity itself) posted these helpful emails and phone numbers on their Facebook page to get some service without using website:

There are options to getting in touch with Celebrity other than the website.

Please allow 48 hours or 2 business days for a response.

OR call - 800-722-5941 This is not a main number BUT a number specifically for the above depts. Listen for the correct prompt.

The Shorex@celebrity.com eMail address definately works. Had a response today on a query that I raised via that eMail address. (It took 15 days but I did get a response)