Favourite food?

Fog123

I know it's all very subjective, but I love eating, and love trying food recommended by others. I do have a sweet tooth but other than turnips will east most things.

What are your favourite "can't wait to get back on the ship so I can have..." foods?

Creme Brulee is at the top of my list and DH will be after a club sandwich.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I love the hot cocoa from the Explorations Cafe. I indulge in a couple each cruise.

I love the wafer cookies that come with the ice cream in the main dining room. I routinely ask for extra cookies when I order ice cream desserts.

And speaking of ice cream, the fruit soft serve in the Lido is excellent, as are the cookies at the ice cream station in the Lido. I love the sugar cookies, and on my most recent cruise they had meringue cookies that were seriously addictive!

The Cedar Planked Halibut in the Pinnacle Grill is wonderful. I also give a nod to the soufflé in the PG.

The Wasabi Encrusted Beef in the Tamarind was delicious.

I also enjoy the buttermilk fried chicken that is served on embarkation day - but only if the chicken has a bone in it. We tried it on our recent Alaska cruise and it was made with boneless, skinless chicken breast and it was not the same at all.

I know it's all very subjective, but I love eating, and love trying food recommended by others. I do have a sweet tooth but other than turnips will east most things.

What are your favourite "can't wait to get back on the ship so I can have..." foods?

Creme Brulee is at the top of my list and DH will be after a club sandwich.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

In the MDR my favorite entree is Lobster, and 2 appetizers, Pate de Foi Gras and double up on the Escargot:)

In the Pinnacle Grill my favorite entree is Chateaubriand

In the Lido my favorite entree PIZZA and Pasta with my own favorite doctored Alfredo Sauce, spinach and lots of Parmesan Cheese added to the Alfredo sauce:)

Dessert favorite of all time is Chocolate Purse!!!

Joanie

Chocolate croissants

Chocolate volcano cake

Creme Brulee

Chateaubriand

Lobster

Muesli

LOVE the cold soups!!

4 days from now!! Yum!!

Edited by Shebba

Escargot in the MDR is probably tops my list.

The Volcano Cake in PG used to be up there, but sadly, on my recent Zuiderdam cruise, it didn't hit the mark. Was actually cold in the middle the first time. I sent it back and they brought a new one, it is was barely room temperature.

It as a slow night in the PG, and the manager apologized. He said that his job is hardest on slow nights because the quality can slip if everyone is not "on their game". I guess it is the same as a land based restaurant. Things seem to go better when the restaurant is busy and everyone is on their toes.

Agree about the cappuccino bombe dessert! I've had it on a couple of cruises and look for it. I think we had it on the South Pacific cruise last year, but don't believe it showed up on our recent South America trip.

I also love the butternut squash soup, and most of the cold soups (not the avocado). I think HAL does a good job with lamb dishes, though we had lamb so often on the South Pacific cruise I actually got tired of it.

for Gary--bread pudding, beef wellington, king crab legs, prime rib:)

for Jane--escargo, cappucinno bombe, king crab legs, chateaubraind:)

Oh no, we have to wait until July 27 before boarding our next cruise.:(

We love a great many of HAL's wonderful tastes, but for us it's the cold soups that really ring the bell - we just don't encounter them off ship...can't wait to renew the acquaintance in a couple weeks:)

We love a great many of HAL's wonderful tastes, but for us it's the cold soups that really ring the bell - we just don't encounter them off ship...can't wait to renew the acquaintance in a couple weeks:)

Another vote for the cold soups. I really can't say I've ever had a bad meal on HAL, but that's the biggest thing I rarely see at home or on other cruise ships.

Roy

I like the stuffed quail with the apricot glaze. :)

Oh that sounds yummy. I hope I see that on a menu. My husband and I are already planning on seeking out the beloved bread pudding as well.

I'm working up an appetite for next week. I stopped my meds tonight so my tummy should be happy by Saturday.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk