Aqua class dining options on Reflection?

Ceepot

Please indulge me on a newbie question :rolleyes:

Am I right in thinking that we may eat at Blu, MDR and the buffet for no extra charge and that all other dining options are chargeable?

I did try to look on the Celebrity website but, well.....:eek:

Your assigned dining room for dinner is Blu.

You can make arrangements through the MaitreD to dine in the Main Dining area.

You can eat in the buffet anytime.

For breakfast, your no-extra-charge areas are Blu, Main DiningRoom, Buffet, Aqua Spa Cafe

for lunch, your no-extra-charge options are Main Dining room (sea days only), Buffet, Aqua Spa Cafe, hamburger grill (poolside)

You can order room service at no charge. At dinner, they will also serve the MAin Dining menu as room service

Your assigned dining room for dinner is Blu.

You can make arrangements through the MaitreD to dine in the Main Dining area.

You can eat in the buffet anytime.

For breakfast, your no-extra-charge areas are Blu, Main DiningRoom, Buffet, Aqua Spa Cafe

for lunch, your no-extra-charge options are Main Dining room (sea days only), Buffet, Aqua Spa Cafe, hamburger grill (poolside)

You can order room service at no charge. At dinner, they will also serve the MAin Dining menu as room service

Not many people are aware of this but you can also get lunch served from the MDR menu during lunch hours. Also, if you are in Blu, room service will come from the MDR, not Blu.

And while I wouldn't classify it as a "dining" option, all the snacks you see at the Cafe al Bacio are no-extra-charge. You do have to pay for any beverages you order there, however. They will give you the delicious pastries and cookies as takeaway.

There have recently been a couple of threads that there are afternoon tea snacks being served for an hour or so in the Aqua Spa cafe. Not sure if this is happening on all ships. Otherwise, the afternoon tea snacks can be found at the buffet.

And while I wouldn't classify it as a "dining" option, all the snacks you see at the Cafe al Bacio are no-extra-charge. You do have to pay for any beverages you order there, however. They will give you the delicious pastries and cookies as takeaway.

There have recently been a couple of threads that there are afternoon tea snacks being served for an hour or so in the Aqua Spa cafe. Not sure if this is happening on all ships. Otherwise, the afternoon tea snacks can be found at the buffet.

They did away with the afternoon tea snacks in the buffet on the Summit.

• 1 year later...

I am following up on this thread which goes back 18mos...

We're new to Celebrity and just upgraded to A2 (from 1B, as the cost was virtually the same) for Med cruise in Sept.

Just want to make sure that I understand our dining correctly for Aqua class..

Our dining room is "Blu" for breakfast/dinner but that we can always arrange to go to MDR if we like the menu better, right?? If that still is true, then there is zero downside for us.

Can we go to MDR for Lunch anytime as well, or just on sea days?

If not, is buffet,poolside, Aqua spa our only options for lunch?

It is a pretty port intensive cruise and we will probably grab some local food for lunch anyway, but just want to know the latest since Celebrity seems to have different info depending on where you get it from.

Thanks for help....

E

I am following up on this thread which goes back 18mos...

We're new to Celebrity and just upgraded to A2 (from 1B, as the cost was virtually the same) for Med cruise in Sept.

Just want to make sure that I understand our dining correctly for Aqua class..

Our dining room is "Blu" for breakfast/dinner but that we can always arrange to go to MDR if we like the menu better, right?? If that still is true, then there is zero downside for us.

Can we go to MDR for Lunch anytime as well, or just on sea days?

If not, is buffet,poolside, Aqua spa our only options for lunch?

It is a pretty port intensive cruise and we will probably grab some local food for lunch anyway, but just want to know the latest since Celebrity seems to have different info depending on where you get it from.

Thanks for help....

E

The MDR only serves lunch on sea days, hence the restriction.

Lunch options:

MDR (sea days only, no referral from Blu Maitre'D is required)

Buffet

Aqua Spa Café (watch out for the extra charge drinks and parfaits, though)

Mast Grille (Hamburgers and Hot Dogs)

Breakfast Options:

MDR - no referral needed

Buffet

Aqua Spa Café

Blu

Dinner Options:

MDR - referral needed from Maitre'D

Buffet

Blu

(not sure if the Mast Grille and Aqua Spa Café are open)

Steve

Just booked a cruise today for Feb 2017 (hey, what better way to ignore the blizzard outside, right?) in an AquaClass cabin. Hadn't realized the Blu became my assigned dining room - I thought it was just an option. But no worries as it looks really good. :)

According to my booking, I have fixed dining at 6pm - so I will go to Blu at 6pm? Or how does it work? Thanks!

Just booked a cruise today for Feb 2017 (hey, what better way to ignore the blizzard outside, right?) in an AquaClass cabin. Hadn't realized the Blu became my assigned dining room - I thought it was just an option. But no worries as it looks really good. :)

According to my booking, I have fixed dining at 6pm - so I will go to Blu at 6pm? Or how does it work? Thanks!

Blu is open dining. You go whenever you want. Sometimes during peak times there may be a wait, and other times not. Play it by ear.

BLU is select dining - you can go at any time.

For years they have not fixed that computer issue that a fixed dining time (for MDR) still shows up in you booking although you booked AQ.

BLU is still is an "option". You are not forced to go. However, it is THE reason for most to book Aqua.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was in AQ on Constellation. First we really had no intention to go to BLU, because of all the wrong reasons, and only went to MDR. One night there was a wait, so we decided to try BLU after all. Well, we have never booked anything else but AQ since because of BLU... we are hooked on BLU.

Every once in a while, when we met nice people on board, we go to the MDR. Which is no problem at all. While the MDR is great, we are happy to be back in BLU the next night - way more relaxed.

If you are interested in some pics, click on one of the links to our reviews below.

Also in the "Ships" section of our website, there is a tour through Reflection.