Aqua class for 3?

Tony UK

Aqua Class is limited to 2 passengers. I was in Aqua last week and checked the sofa to see if it was a sofa bed and it was and wondered if they did let 3 on a cabin.

Just tried a booking, for 2 adults and 1 child on Summit and got this message:

Pricing not shown because no staterooms are available in this category at this time, or no stateroom can accommodate your number of guests. Please select another category or another sailing

When I changed it 2 adults only, it was allowed.

I did same thing for Reflection, in AquaSuite, 2 was allowed, 3 was not. However SkySuites did allow 3. Note that effective April 2015 the Aqua Suites on Reflection (only ship with AQUA SUITES CURRENTLY) will be reclassified as SkySuites so at that time will allow 3.

Aqua Class is limited to 2 passengers. I was in Aqua last week and checked the sofa to see if it was a sofa bed and it was and wondered if they did let 3 on a cabin.

Just tried a booking, for 2 adults and 1 child on Summit and got this message:

Pricing not shown because no staterooms are available in this category at this time, or no stateroom can accommodate your number of guests. Please select another category or another sailing

When I changed it 2 adults only, it was allowed.

I did same thing for Reflection, in AquaSuite, 2 was allowed, 3 was not. However SkySuites did allow 3. Note that effective April 2015 the Aqua Suites on Reflection (only ship with AQUA SUITES CURRENTLY) will be reclassified as SkySuites so at that time will allow 3.

We had a couple of threads awhile back on the AQ suites and several of us did phantom bookings and you could not book three in the AQ suites on the Reflection. Two in a cabin has been standard for Aqua Class since Solstice introduced the concept. There was however one time that I recall someone reporting on this board they were able to stay there with a baby as a third, perhaps under your circumstances, they might make an exception. Give them a call, you have nothing to lose.

Edited by dkjretired

Personally I would guard against three being in a cabin period. I felt very claustrophobic on our last cruise with just two in Aquaclass. You say she is disabled but if you mean she has limited mobility- you qualify for a disabled cabin which will be larger and a better fit for you. Blu is available to suite passengers- so you could also book a suite. This will be a much better situation.

Personally I would guard against three being in a cabin period. I felt very claustrophobic on our last cruise with just two in Aquaclass. You say she is disabled but if you mean she has limited mobility- you qualify for a disabled cabin which will be larger and a better fit for you. Blu is available to suite passengers- so you could also book a suite. This will be a much better situation.

The Aqua Class Suites on Reflection are much larger than the regular Aqua Class rooms. I would agree about regular Aqua Class, but it would not be claustrphobic in an Aqua Class Suite, if Celebrity would allow it.

We travel with our daughter who is a disabled adult and needs to share with us. We would love to try aqua. Is it possible to book in this class for 3?

Tony, on the Infinity there was a sleep sofa in our aqua class room. Our room 9110 used to be a Concierge class room. It had the red sofa and not the white one that is in the new AQ rooms. It still said concierge on our door. The room was identical to what the regular veranda room looks like with the addition of the jets in the shower and a minor detail here and there. I don't know what other ships had cabins changed to aqua class but I'm sure that you could call and check. Good luck

• 2 months later...

BLU on Reflection has been reported to get overcrowded b/c the AQ suites were added into the mix..without sufficient expansion of BLU..Allowing 3 per suite would further add to the numbers...but I do not know the rules. We did not know about overcrowding when we booked into AQ on Reflection for this Nov.

After the redesignation of Ref AQ suites to suites, it appears 3 will be allowed and pax will have access to the suites only dining...

As mentioned OP may be best with a reg suite and then try to book into BLU on space available basis

Thanks very much everyone for your helpful suggestions. We can but try!

Hi Angie:) hope you and Tony are doing well. AQ cabins are a max of

2 people and have been that way since the start.

This is an old post from June 2014...

But now reading it... I too like KIYOKO would like an update

Tony UK,

Did you ever contact Celebrity about the possibility of adding a third person?

Would like to know what TONY UK found out when he called Celebrity... Considering his family situation with a disabled child.

And what if any decision he has made / Celebrity has found so he could enjoy Aqua Class / Blue on an upcoming cruise

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB