A short survey "Which would you choose?"

BBMacLaird

Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!

• A. Double Stateroom Upgrade
    • B. Onboard Spending Credit
    • C. Free Shore Excursions
    • D. 50% Off 2nd Guest's Cruise Fare

As a solo traveller it would have to be A. I cannot take part in the survey as I choose not to be part of facebook or instagram.

You can, most people are missing the poll at the top of the thread, make sure you vote there as well as making the comments as they might only use the poll output and not the comments (though I hope they would look at both)

UK tog.

Like your $ discount idea.

I posted similiar somewhere whereby you get a 1% discount for each cruise taken.

Admin by Le club voyage number.

If deemed too expensive the start point could be after a certain number of cruise perhaps 5?

This would really encourage loyalty and would have minimum admin costs as all details are on LCV.

Obviously there would have to be a limit otherwise "Elbon" would be cruising for free but I am sure they could operate up to 15% discount.

The other option would be a %age discount for number of cruises in any 12 months.

Again perhaps 5% on second cruise 10% on 3rd etc.

B2b would probably have to excluded as you already get discount on this.

50% off for 2nd passenger is fine, if base price doesn't rise accordingly.

Also not so good for singles.

All these offers get very confusing, almost as much as the all inclusive.

Confusing???

Guess if you want to make them confusing , looks quite straight forward to me!!

English Tim

Even I think you have flogged the "all inclusive " to death on this board.

I know Azamara are useless at monitoring TA's print but not on here.

As a person who would "allegedly" not ask for a coffee at Mosaic because you did not know it was included I believe you can take thrift too far.

If you/anybody does not have a "spare" £200 for luxuries on their holiday then maybe it is better to do without.

English Tim

Even I think you have flogged the "all inclusive " to death on this board.

I know Azamara are useless at monitoring TA's print but not on here.

As a person who would "allegedly" not ask for a coffee at Mosaic because you did not know it was included I believe you can take thrift too far.

If you/anybody does not have a "spare" £200 for luxuries on their holiday then maybe it is better to do without.

Who needs a luxury coffee, when a standard is said to be included. I book an all inclusive or more inclusive holiday so I know what it'll cost. These extras soon add up and eat into the next cruise.

I was lucky enough to take 5 cruises last year and hardly spent a dime extra. Some would say I'm cheap, but I just seek what I perceive as value for money.

50% off for 2nd passenger is fine, if base price doesn't rise accordingly.

Also not so good for singles.

All these offers get very confusing, almost as much as the all inclusive.

I agree with this as I am looking at a 2016 cruise now.

Rather than any of these options Azamara should reset its pricing algorithm and reduce the overall costs of all cruises. It seem we have had a non-ending series of promotions and many have been extended multiple times.

Well being a really cheeky respondent I'd like a combo of offers together with another option not included. Bring back the double upgrade and free flights promotion and we'll be booking immediately. :D

Ditto

Rather than any of these options Azamara should reset its pricing algorithm and reduce the overall costs of all cruises. It seem we have had a non-ending series of promotions and many have been extended multiple times.

But this is what all the cruise lines do. There's always a promotion no matter who you sail with. That's just business.

Choice "A" does not work for those that book suites so choice "D" makes the most sense for those of us that book that category.

OBC makes little sense on an all-inclusive (or most-inclusive) line and shore excursions are hit and miss and many times passengers will book private excursions.

That is my opinion only however.

Its good to see that valued customers are being consulted via cruisecritic - A positive move I think for Azamara.

I would be happy with any sort of offer Azamara can give us but I would like to throw in another consideration? Repeat customers to receive an overall booking discount, say 5% - 10% depending on their custom.

It will be interesting to hear what others have to say and as we'll be joining the Quest on the 8th so I'm sure this topic will be shared at the meet & mingle get together.

That is an excellent suggestion.

Phil

Originally Posted by Robertlovescruising viewpost.gif

Its good to see that valued customers are being consulted via cruisecritic - A positive move I think for Azamara.

I would be happy with any sort of offer Azamara can give us but I would like to throw in another consideration? Repeat customers to receive an overall booking discount, say 5% - 10% depending on their custom.

That is an excellent suggestion.

Phil

Now that would be rewarding loyal customers :)

Sliding scale of 5-15% off whatever deal regardless of offers, whatever you paid, Azamara send you a welcome home gift in the form of £$Euros etc.

or

A future cruise certificate, again free of all use restrictions on offers. Win Win situation.

Edited by HudandPug

Why would Azamara do that when it costs a small fraction of $50 to provide alcoholic beverages?

It's not what it cost them it's what they built into the fare as evidenced by RCL and celebrity prices for a minimum alcohol package.

All other inclusives don't bother me because i can use them if I wish although I don't as a rule. Forced to pay for everyone's drinking really hits a sore spot with me. That's how I feel, right or wrong it's my opinion.

We have 7 cruises this year alone and 2 are with RCl 1 with Celebrity and 4 with non RCL brands. I would love to do Azamara again and will do so if they discontinue this alcohol policy.

That 50% off a second guest is really just added into the first fare . Have you ever looked at Oceania which claims to give 50% off the second fare? It's a sales ploy not a real discount. I am booked next year on a Viking River cruise to Asia (which is the where we sailed on Azamara). It's also a 50% off second fare but it's really not if you look at both fares added together. I'm surprised people fall for this when it's become the standard way SOME cruise lines advertise and not a infrequent special.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!

A. Double Stateroom Upgrade

B. Onboard Spending Credit

C. Free Shore Excursions

D. 50% Off 2nd Guest's Cruise Fare

Please respond here or on our Azamara Club Cruises FB page

or even on our Azamara Instagram page!

This survey will only be active for a short while so don't delay.

Bonnie

I choose A.

If you do a standard one week fare and book a Balcony and use the 50% off second passenger - doesn't it about come out the same as a 2 Category Upgrade from inside to Balcony?

It is a better value for the 50% off 2nd passenger if you are interested in a Suite....

Some of the operators in UK have already been offering 50% off 2nd passenger for Azamara cruises, (think of cold houses). I checked today and its a "free" flights deal at the moment. I can't say if it was a good deal as I'm a solo, so I didn't check it out.

Love your idea Phil of rewarding loyal customers :)

Bonnie,

A couple of observations that I don't think have been made:

First, every cruise line has smart bean counters that can tell you to a nickel what a promotion costs. That said, I would suggest several promotion options- all with relatively the same cost. Then I would.....

Second, recognize that there are different strokes for different folks. Every potential passenger makes their own decision as to what really attracts them in terms of promotions.

Given the above, I would have a program featuring several different options and let the passenger choose what they want. Maybe you call it "Azamazing Choices"

Edited by kiawahdon