Oasis 3's actual name...?

I like Passion but, again, the acronym....

I also like:

Bliss

Desire

Rapture

Charm

Beacon

I have said Passion of the Seas or Sensation of the Seas since we were guessing about the first round of Oasis ships and then again when we started guessing names for Quantum and Anthem. I'd love either Oasis 3 or 4 to be one of these, but also love the name Rapture of the Seas as well from your short-list, SunsetGlow.

Let's guess!

What will the 3rd Oasis Class ship be called?

Paradise of the Seas?

Any ideas?

Give us more of your money of the Seas

Pre paid Gratuities of the Seas

Make Goldstein rich of the Seas

No MDR of the Seas

Edited by caribbean sailor

How about 'Size Matters" Of The Seas?? LOL

I did overhear the Cap's conversation on the Liberty with a passenger. He thought it would be called "Mirage" Of The Seas.

Not too bad??

Shelton

I kind of like Mirage of the Seas for the third Oasis class ship!

Dear Lou,

was looking at the "thread" for my cruise and was then going around the site. Saw the thing for the next name of a Royal Carib. ship. "moneymaker of the seas" is really good, and accurate, and my husband likes "Chicken of the Seas"......but anyway, had to comment of your picture of the Regal Empress. I thought she was built in the 30's. I took my first 2 cruises on her out of NY. That is when I got hooked on cruising. My mother treated me, in 2002. I still have the 2003 brochure, but then she left NY harbor. I think I still have a key too! You will see in my signature that my first 2 were on Regal, and she is so tiny compared to the ships today. What happened to her?

It was like an alternative to the big ships and large lines----

Edited by JoseyP

Can't understand the name "Oasis of the Seas"......listen to me people- an Oasis is Wet in the middle of Dry-(desert) and Oasis of the Seas is Dry (hopefully) in the middle of Wet.

The name makes no sense to me. We thought of Chicken of the Seas too, as many other have probably.

I like Beacon of the Seas....... and Allure of the Seas is a beautiful name.

I think they should bring back "Sovreign"

how about "Menace of the Seas"? Magic of the Seas I think would be nice, even if there is a Carn. Magic. It is a name people can relate to.

My husband thought of D'STILLATION of the Seas......(a party boat).

Edited by JoseyP

Dear Lou,

was looking at the "thread" for my cruise and was then going around the site. Saw the thing for the next name of a Royal Carib. ship. "moneymaker of the seas" is really good, and accurate, and my husband likes "Chicken of the Seas"......but anyway, had to comment of your picture of the Regal Empress. I thought she was built in the 30's. I took my first 2 cruises on her out of NY. That is when I got hooked on cruising. My mother treated me, in 2002. I still have the 2003 brochure, but then she left NY harbor. I think I still have a key too! You will see in my signature that my first 2 were on Regal, and she is so tiny compared to the ships today. What happened to her?

It was like an alternative to the big ships and large lines----

She actually was built in the 50's as the Olympia. I've been on her once

When she was the Caribe. A good friend of mine has been on her too

Many to count. But sadly the Regal Empress has been scrapped. :(

There will never been a Freedom of the Seas either since their is a Carnival Freedom.

One significant difference - RCI Freedom of the Seas was named and launched first in 2006 while Carnival Freedom followed in 2007. It is surprising to me that a cruise line would use a name - or one very close to - one already in use by another competitive line, especially so soon after the first one was launched. I don't think RCI would want to do that.

Perhaps I should have stated my comment more specifically in those terms as that was my intent.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Can't understand the name "Oasis of the Seas"......listen to me people- an Oasis is Wet in the middle of Dry-(desert) and Oasis of the Seas is Dry (hopefully) in the middle of Wet.

The name makes no sense to me. We thought of Chicken of the Seas too, as many other have probably.

how about "Menace of the Seas"? Magic of the Seas I think would be nice, even if there is a Carn. Magic. It is a name people can relate to.

There are several definitions for Oasis.

From Webster's

oa·sis noun \ō-ˈā-səs\

: an area in a desert where there is water and plants

: a pleasant place that is surrounded by something unpleasant

: a time or experience that is pleasant and restful

plural oa·ses

Full Definition of OASIS

: a fertile or green area in an arid region (as a desert)

: something that provides refuge, relief, or pleasant contrast

See oasis defined for English-language learners »

See oasis defined for kids »

Examples of OASIS

The small park is a welcome oasis amid the city's many factories.

Our brief trip to the beach was a much-needed oasis in a summer of hard work.

One significant difference - RCI Freedom of the Seas was named and launched first in 2006 while Carnival Freedom followed in 2007. It is surprising to me that a cruise line would use a name - or one very close to - one already in use by another competitive line, especially so soon after the first one was launched. I don't think RCI would want to do that.

Carnival Liberty preceded Liberty of the Seas in the same general time frame.

The repeating of names makes sense from a search-engine standpoint in order help marketing to first-time cruisers. Someone thinking about a cruise may have heard something from a coworker about a cruise ship named Liberty. At home, they search for cruise Liberty and get hits for Carnival when their coworker was actually talking about Liberty of the Seas (or the other way around).

um, ok.