Fresh cut flowers

lolane1

In the verandah suites, one of the amenities is "fresh cut flowers." Has anyone taken advantage of this? Do you need to call and request them to be delivered like the fruit?

Seems like such a lovely amenity that I was wondering what the arrangement was like.

BTW, in case this is a beaten to death question, I did a forum search for about 20 minutes and couldn't find much information. So I gave up and posted it instead. Thanks if you have any info.

It will be one or two stems in a small vase. Chances are you will not notice it right away. If you order room service a couple of times and keep the flowers that arrive with it, you can create your own arrangement. Even when we were staying in a Neptune Suite, the flower arrangement wasn't much.

Not sure what that means. I had a Neptune suite last cruise and I had one pitiful flower in a vase. On princess I had a large arrangement.

We have found this to be true also in all the Neptune Suite's we've been in. It is pretty nondescript on the fresh flowers in the cabin. Now on our last cruise our room stewards gave us some cute fresh cut flowers for doing a btbtb cruise with them.

14-zadm7020025-225x300.jpg

In the verandah suites, one of the amenities is "fresh cut flowers." Has anyone taken advantage of this? Do you need to call and request them to be delivered like the fruit?

Seems like such a lovely amenity that I was wondering what the arrangement was like.

BTW, in case this is a beaten to death question, I did a forum search for about 20 minutes and couldn't find much information. So I gave up and posted it instead. Thanks if you have any info.

Good luck with the little vase of fresh flowers in your verandah suite.

One time there was a carnation, a sad rose and a coloured shell in the vase, another time the fresh flowers consisted of a dead rose, and a daisy. During another cruise the sad flowers removed from the room on the Thursday were only replaced on the Sunday after I enquired from the concierge.

Sorry, if the above sounds a bit negative, sometimes there has been an orchid a carnation and a rose, in the vase or something similar, quite pretty.

I always have fresh flowers in our home, so I am aware of the flowers on board the ship.

Edited by erewhon

Good luck with the little vase of fresh flowers in your verandah suite.

One time there was a carnation, a sad rose and a coloured shell in the vase, another time the fresh flowers consisted of a dead rose, and a daisy. During another cruise the sad flowers removed from the room on the Thursday were only replaced on the Sunday after I enquired from the concierge.

Sorry, if the above sounds a bit negative, sometimes there has been an orchid a carnation and a rose, in the vase or something similar, quite pretty.

I always have fresh flowers in our home, so I am aware of the flowers on board the ship.

Hahahahaha This is pretty funny. Best laugh of my day. When I did a search, one poster said she called and quoted the "fresh cut flowers" listed in the amenities and they delivered her a nice, but small arrangement. I guess this is an amenity that either not followed through on or as you say, a sad carnation or dead rose - hahahahah still laughing!!!!!

So why the heck do they list this as an amenity? (still laughing....)

On our Baltic cruise on the Eurodam a few weeks ago, we were pleasantly surprised that our room flower arrangement was not only lovely, but also that the flowers were replaced at least twice during the 12-day cruise. It was always fresh and pretty, and we really enjoyed it.

However, on a Westerdam repositioning cruise from San Diego last fall, the flowers were so pathetic that I had to get DH to climb down off the ceiling and remind him that vacations are meant to be relaxing, and we don't need to stress the small stuff.

I'm only guessing, but perhaps the flowers ordered in different ports have different costs, and that HAL has a "price point" that they work with.

Daily fresh flowers (pink), and smaller stems which came on the room service breakfast tray. (Zuiderdam, Signature Suite 6090, March 2011) No requests necessary.

ry%3D400

Last year we did a B-2-B on the NA and I think we were sharing our flower with another cabin, because we would have the flower for a few days then it would disappear for a few days then it would reappear for a few days.

Daily fresh flowers (pink), and smaller stems which came on the room service breakfast tray. (Zuiderdam, Signature Suite 6090, March 2011) No requests necessary.

ry%3D400

There is usually one of those flower vases on the room service tray.

Hahahahaha This is pretty funny. Best laugh of my day. When I did a search, one poster said she called and quoted the "fresh cut flowers" listed in the amenities and they delivered her a nice, but small arrangement. I guess this is an amenity that either not followed through on or as you say, a sad carnation or dead rose - hahahahah still laughing!!!!!

So why the heck do they list this as an amenity? (still laughing....)

Hope you did not expect to see a big bunch of flowers:D

You can take flowers aboard with you, or buy from the shipboard florist.

ry%3D400

Gosh, I am more impressed with the china. Nice tray set up. I don't get that on Princess.

While flowers are lovely, and I do take note of them in the public areas since they are usually unique arrangements (for my simple tastes), I do not really notice them in my cabin. Maybe the amenity (due to cost-saving measures) is a small offering initially, but those who question it are rated "ok, they care about this" and given a better arrangement?

We ordered room service breakfast four times on our recent Maasdam cruise and none of the trays came with flowers -- we noticed their absence.

And, Neptune suite flowers are indeed pitiful these days.

In our Signature Suite on our recent Zuiderdam Alaska cruise, the "fresh cut flowers" were two little sprigs on the coffee table slightly less than one gets in a Neptune Suite. I always order an arrangement either prior to or when I get on board as I love having flowers in the cabin.

We have a wonderful TA who orders flowers to be in our cabin. (sometimes a bottle of wine too)

She's a gem.

All TAs should reward you with some token of appreciation. They have earned a decent commission on your business.

Gosh, I am more impressed with the china. Nice tray set up. I don't get that on Princess.

You bet you don't! (We didn't either ...on Princess...:rolleyes:)

But I can offer an aside and show you a photo of my husband's special order "ham and cheese omelet" on our recent Princess cruise. Something was lost in translation...

ry%3D400

You bet you don't! (We didn't either ...on Princess...:rolleyes:)

But I can offer an aside and show you a photo of my husband's special order "ham and cheese omelet" on our recent Princess cruise. Something was lost in translation...

ry%3D400

Soooo funny. I have had some good laughs on this thread.

The vase is what we got on our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise -- a couple of yellow and pink flowers.

The glass sitting next to it are our flowers from the first formal night.

02-nadm7056zps13136296.jpg

I know I wear glasses but had to magnify my computer screen 6 times to see these!!