Should I tell my husband?

My husband and I are celebrating our 28th anniversary on Allure. We just found out that we were upgraded to a Crown Loft suite. I had originally booked a W guarantee and was assigned to a Junior Suite, but now have been moved to a L1 Crown Loft suite. I am thrilled but don't know if I should tell my husband or surprise him when we board the ship! (I will be honest, it will be hard for me to stay quiet about this!)

I would love to tell you to go for the surprise but, knowing how difficult it will be, imagine how much fun you would have looking forward to your wonderful upgrade together. If the tables were turned, would you rather know about the upgrade or have it be a surprise? I happen to think that the anticipation of a trip lasts far longer than the trip itself so I guess I'd rather know now. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I don't know about your husband, but if I told mine, he would still be surprised! He's not into CC or looking at deck plans...he just goes! I could tell him I was Captaining the ship, and he would be surprised once onboard!

I would love to tell you to go for the surprise but, knowing how difficult it will be, imagine how much fun you would have looking forward to your wonderful upgrade together. If the tables were turned, would you rather know about the upgrade or have it be a surprise? I happen to think that the anticipation of a trip lasts far longer than the trip itself so I guess I'd rather know now. Good luck and let us know what you decide.[/QUO

That is how I look at it too. The anticipation is so important for a trip. I would want to know and I guess I am not sure about what he would want...I should know after 28 years of marriage!!! Regardless, it will be a great way to celebrate!

I vote for tell him. Looking forward to the suite is part of the fun of the trip. He can then brag to friends, co-workers, family, whoever! Also, so can you. By keeping it a secret you have to put a lid on your anticipation as well :)

Booked with a TA

Good to know. I often wondered if that stopped us from being in a position to be upgraded, especially on the oasis class where upgrades seem to be more frequent. Did your ta tell you or did you just notice online?

This will be be a wonderful experience.....good for you!!!!

I tried to surprise my friend with a last-minute balcony upgrade from our Promenade cabin. It all went just fine until the night before embarkation, he commented that he had forgotten to print the luggage tags ("Yay!" I thought), but then insisted that he use the hotel's business center to print up luggage tags (which I knew hadn't been updated, so they'd still reflect the old cabin).

I told him about the upgrade at that point.

I vote to tell him. He'll be surprised now and excited the whole time until you cruise. More bang for your buck IMO.

If you want, you could go half way and tell him that you were assigned are really cool cabin, but don't tell him just how cool.