Complimentary Internet for Suites?

Thumper69

Still posted on their website this morning.

I noticed that as well, nothing has changed on their website.

And like Corfe Mixture stated, this is not an old version but a totally new list of suite perks.

Another sit and wait to see what evolves. . .

Mike:)

Still posted on their website this morning.

I just went back and am now getting the internet-free "Escape Completely" version (ref. post 64) which has "B and C but not A" (ref post 72). When I posted here six hours ago I was getting the "new wrong" version using the link supposedly to the "Escape Completely" one.

Clear your cache and then see which version pops up.

Edited by fishywood

You keep posting this but you don't know for sure. You never stay in suites so how do you really know? We always book suites and don't offer our password to others and I truely don't think many people do. The free internet being taken away comes up many times during Sabitini's breakfast and you would be surprised how many people said they hardly used any minutes at all. If anyone does, it is people that get upgrades. They know that will be the only time they will e in a suite so they take advantage of every perk and they do let friends use their password.

You could say the same thing for laundry - many people post that they send laundry out for friends and family - that is abuse - why isn't it taken away as a perk?

You very well may not have given your password out but I'm very sure that their records have documented that many others did. It was probably shown that people who had unlimited internet service had astronomical amounts of time spent surfing the web which could only be that numerous people were sharing it.

As far as the laundry goes I very well expect them to limit it to a dollar value in the near future to curtail any abuse. With all the trivial attempts at saving money (ie soap, lotions, slippers, lip balm, plastic glasses at wine tasting) limited laundry will soon follow.

You keep posting this but you don't know for sure.

There are lots of people here who repeat the same things over

and over, whether or not they are true.

After a while, they take on a life of their own -- like which interconnecting

balcony doors can be opened.

This is just another case.

It is my recollection that the elite unlimited minutes changed

at about the same time princess started using MTN.

You very well may not have given your password out but I'm very sure that their records have documented that many others did. It was probably shown that people who had unlimited internet service had astronomical amounts of time spent surfing the web which could only be that numerous people were sharing it.

What makes you sure that this occurred? I know passengers that always occupy a suite and never access the internet while on vacation.

Until there is some documentation shown otherwise, this is nothing more than rumor.

With only about 30 suites per ship it would make little difference if it were true.

And I know other suite passengers that never access the internet while on vacation.

I printed their email to me as well as their response to my Facebook post and it's a good thing I did. The first person I talked to at the passenger services desk on the cruise laughed at me and said they would never agree to that. So I asked for a supervisor and showed them the print outs. Got an apology about how it was initially handled and they agreed to take care of the charges. It left a sour taste in my mouth having to argue multiple times for what I was entitled to.

This brings back memories. I had 6 cruises booked in suites when they took the perk away. One being a b2b2b. The second day I had computer charges so I went to the desk and said I had booked before the cut off date, they said no go. I pulled out my printed email from Princess. She studied it and took it into the back. It took her forever to return and then she said ok. But I was still charged for the internet on the third day. Went back and had to go over the same thing. Same thing happened on the second and third leg.

At Christmas on the Royal, I just went to the concierge lounge the second day and they took care of my charges. We stopped trying to use it because it was so slow.

I wonder how the front service desk will respond when a suite traveler shows up on the 1st day and asks why they don't have unlimited internet. The cruiser would say that he/she was about to cancel their already-made plans a few months ago and take a Celebrity trip instead. But when they saw the unlimited wording, they decided to stay with Princess.:cool:

As far as the laundry goes I very well expect them to limit it to a dollar value in the near future to curtail any abuse. With all the trivial attempts at saving money (ie soap, lotions, slippers, lip balm, plastic glasses at wine tasting) limited laundry will soon follow.

We have been on two Princess cruises in Window Suites. Both times we had unlimited internet. My dh wakes up very early and spent his time on the internet reading our hometown newspaper and reading all his comics (he reads a LOT of comics). Gave him something to do til I woke up. I too spent time on the internet although less than him. With the amount of minutes we used you would probably think we gave out our password… but we didn't. For all those who never use it there are some who do. I personally don't think that was the reason for losing it. I think it was a bandwidth issue. Unless Princess decides to tell us why we will never know the true reason.

As for laundry…. on both our cruises we never used it. Of course they were only 7 day cruises. I would assume on longer cruises it is necessary unless a person prefers to do it themselves.

I personally have seen people delivering laundry to other cabins, so it isn't much of a stretch to believe they would share unlimited internet, too.

Not everyone, of course. And no way of really knowing if that is why it was discontinued, but it is as good a theory as anything.

Just checked Princess website and they have a new flyer up and they have removed the unlimited free internet.

That is the old one as it says, "Escape Completely" rather than "Come Back New"

This is just an assumption on your part. Show me proof there was abuse regarding the internet.....:rolleyes:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

This is just an assumption on your part. Show me proof there was abuse regarding the internet.....:rolleyes:

Bob

We will never get it Bob.

And if even one third of the suites (10 cabins) gave out their password (which I seriously doubt) the results would be negligible.

Try again,

.... there isn't something happening and it just got released before it has been approved.

You are probably wrong about this, but it does show how it is becoming increasingly clear that you can't take Princess at their word without first doing some research and checking with thousands of people on the Internet (at home, where it's still unlimited.);) These "oops" moments are a bit too frequent for me.

I sent an email asking to clarify the suite benefits and within the response I received it stated...

"We do periodically review our programs and determined that the benefit was not sustainable given the limited bandwidth available on the ship."

I was pleased with the response I received from Princess. :-)

Maybe that is the "official" line but in reality it could be to add more $$$ to their bottom line by making us pay for what we want to use. I wish they had just set aside a certain amount such as 200 free minutes.

The only proof is what I heard numerous times when a suite passenger would tell a friend to come to their suite if he/she needed to use the internet.

We have been on two Princess cruises in Window Suites. Both times we had unlimited internet. My dh wakes up very early and spent his time on the internet reading our hometown newspaper and reading all his comics (he reads a LOT of comics). Gave him something to do til I woke up. I too spent time on the internet although less than him. With the amount of minutes we used you would probably think we gave out our password… but we didn't. For all those who never use it there are some who do. I personally don't think that was the reason for losing it. I think it was a bandwidth issue. Unless Princess decides to tell us why we will never know the true reason.

As for laundry…. on both our cruises we never used it. Of course they were only 7 day cruises. I would assume on longer cruises it is necessary unless a person prefers to do it themselves.

The bandwidth issue was of a big concern when most of the ship had unlimited internet but just considering only the full suites I sort of doubt it. Either way if you gave out your password to just one couple the usage could spiral out of control even though only one signon is allowed at a time.