Captain's Club Bonus Points!

JonnyCT81

I booked a cruise around Japan for September 2015 as soon as it was announced. Do I need to call my PCC to have them add the bonus points reward?

Did you book June 2 or after? If so, yes you will received the 25 bonus points. You shouldn't have to call. Just keep your records of the promo for when you get back....just in case!

I'm totally confused...I don't understand how some are reporting getting bonus points for cruises in the spring, when supposedly you have to book under the CURRENT 123 to get the points added. I have 3 cruises booked, but I was told I'd have to rebook under the CURRENT 123 promo, not the 123 that I booked, to get the bonus points. In all cases, my cruise fare is higher, so it dzn't make sense.

That is correct. Only the current 123go! promo has the 25 bonus points. Must book June 2 - July 31, 2014 and at least 9 months prior to the cruise. If you booked under an earlier promo, you would have to re-book at the current pricing in order to get the benefits of this one.

(There was a promotion last fall that offered bonus points for booking Aqua or higher. Perhaps that is what those who received bonus points for the spring cruises are referring to???)

Edited by gimletgal

That is correct. Only the current 123go! promo has the 25 bonus points. Must book June 2 - July 31, 2014 and at least 9 months prior to the cruise. If you booked under an earlier promo, you would have to re-book at the current pricing in order to get the benefits of this one.

(There was a promotion last fall that offered bonus points for booking Aqua or higher. Perhaps that is what those who received bonus points for the spring cruises are referring to???)

Hey there,

I think some people might be getting confused with the original bonus points offered offered last year just after the transition to the new system; that still applies if you have had reservations booked under the original promo from last year. This only applies to new reservations booked within this time (nine months from now or later).Hope that helps!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for e confusion. Our bonus points were added from a previous, similar promotion. I was responding to the OP and the response who were skeptical about actually getting the points.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did you book June 2 or after? If so, yes you will received the 25 bonus points. You shouldn't have to call. Just keep your records of the promo for when you get back....just in case!

Booked in April.

April not in this promo period from what I see

Wonder if this extra points bonus offer is to pump up bookings because of the website difficulties and whether this will be a new promo trend?

we will make Elite Plus after our next cruise without bonus pts, but getting to Zenith for us seems doubtful unless they repeat bonus pt offers . Mulling over taking a short suite cruise to get the 50 extra pts.. but only upper suites seem to get the 50 pts so not sure it'd be worth it..

Edited by hcat

I called celebrity. I was told, while I can get the 123 offer and the bonus points for a Jan 2015 cruise, I paid about $500 less per person, so I would not be eligible for the bonus points, unless I rebooked at the higher rate- Not worth it at all!! However, I have a cruise also prebooked for 8/15 and it is in a suite, and the price is the same, so it was rebooked with the new perks and my on-board credit from the original booking. However, I am cautiously optimistic that I will "actually" get the points after the cruise. As I stated in a previous e-mail, I didn't get points as promised from a previous winter cruise.

Hi Cruiseaholic,

That's what I was told too. If I wanted the 25 bonus points, I had to reprice our cruises. I understand the logic of repricing for promos such as 123 GO, but not for a non-monetary item such as a 25 point bonus. IMO, it's marketing baloney. Once again, it's nonsense like this, that makes us feel that our loyalty is not appreciated by Celebrity.

We also just received a "welcome home" offer (from a cruise taken 2 months ago !), offering an OBC for our next cruise. Guess what ? You must reprice for that promotion too.

All of these offers are like having a carrot dangled in front of you, only to wind up wasting your time on hold, and getting nothing. It's at the point, where it seems a waste of time to even inquire about such promotions, for exisiting bookings. No wonder hold times are out of control.

I'm very disappointed that Celebrity is making guests jump through hoops... for very little, and only to be disappointed. Seems disengenuous to me.

Edited by Host Andy

Saw that in the initial announcement and got the bonus points added to 4 bookings! Doubt I will ever make Zenith but will be Elite plus next fall. Yippee-more Internet minutes😄

It's not for new bookings only? That's fabulous that you got the points.

Did you call the Captain's Club? Email them? Go through a TA?

I'd love to do that for our upcoming bookings.

Hi Cruiseaholic,

That's what I was told too. If I wanted the 25 bonus points, I had to reprice our cruises. I understand the logic of repricing for promos such as 123 GO, but not for a non-monetary item such as a 25 point bonus. IMO, it's marketing baloney. Once again, it's nonsense like this, that makes us feel that our loyalty is not appreciated by Celebrity.

We also just received a "welcome home" offer (from a cruise taken 2 months ago !), offering an OBC for our next cruise. Guess what ? You must reprice for that promotion too.

All of these offers are like having a carrot dangled in front of you, only to wind up wasting your time on hold, and getting nothing. It's at the point, where it seems a waste of time to even inquire about such promotions, for exisiting bookings. No wonder hold times are out of control.

I'm very disappointed that Celebrity is making guests jump through hoops... for very little, and only to be disappointed. Seems disengenuous to me.

Well said; although this time we fit into the deal (having already re-priced on June 2nd to get the bev package)

Been looking at cars recently...almost easier to buy a car than book and monitor Celeb cruise pricing!

Hi Cruiseaholic,

Hi Andy:

When the new loyalty program was launched some predicted that "points" would be used as an incentive for booking. They would become another marketing device. Guess that this prediction turned out to be true. My guess is that some who are counting on the "bonus points" to reach the next level may find that the prices of cruises booked with the point incentive drop in price and they will be told that they can't rebook at the lower price and receive the points.

Hi Andy:

When the new loyalty program was launched some predicted that "points" would be used as an incentive for booking. They would become another marketing device. Guess that this prediction turned out to be true. My guess is that some who are counting on the "bonus points" to reach the next level may find that the prices of cruises booked with the point incentive drop in price and they will be told that they can't rebook at the lower price and receive the points.

Hi Orator,

I recall that we both predicted that bonus points would be used as booking enticements, and that proved to be true. I absolutely feel that's an outstanding idea, but I'm growing increasingly displeased with always being told no by Captains Club. It's *always* no, no, no, no, no. I'd understand completely, if my above comment was for a $599 cruise, but I just asked on a cruise that we spent nearly $5,000 on. All I asked for, was 25 lousy points, and was told no. You would think someone would have the brain cells to say "Mr Andy, you've sailed with us for over 20 years, and we sincerly appreciate your loyalty... so we will make this happen for you". Seems that the simple thought of good customer service, and appreciation for your business & loyalty, is gone.

I'm sure that part of my unhappiness is being disappointed with the point conversion. I know it worked well for many, and please believe me when I say that I couldn't be happier for those that it worked in their favor. For us ? Not so much. What upsets me, is that we'd love to become Zenith at some point (It's not so much for me. I suspect I'll get there in the not too distant future. However, I want it more than anything for Mom - who is getting up in years). Sadly, it seems to be the impossible dream.

What I've described, is one of the concerns with the new levels. While I **totally appreciate** that Celebrity added 2 new levels, and that Zenith's benefits are THE gold standard of cruise loyalty benefits.... My issue is, once you get to Elite Plus, it's like falling off the top of the mountain, only to require climbing it all over again again - and it's a HUGE climb :). I truly hope that Celebrity considers adding a level between Elite Plus and Zenith in the not too distant future.

BTW, I've repeatedly contacted Captains Club, and asked to speak with, or email their loyalty manager, to offer suggestions for future tweaks to Captains Club. Unfortunately, my requests have been ignored. Is it that big of a request, to spend 5-10 minutes on the phone, with ideas that can surely help them ? I have a wonderful idea, that can easily resolve my concerns, and would likely make many other Celebrity fans happy... but I cannot get anyone to listen. How sad is that ?

If Celebrity wants to show me that loyalty is appreciated ? As I've said for years, Celebrity should have a dedicated group, with a direct phone line & an assigned Captains Club contact, for their most loyal customers. I feel this would be a wonderful benefit for Elite Plus & Zenith members - AND perhaps those who've met a revenue spend threshold.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm tired of the flippant and rigid attitude of Captains Club. To be clear, I'm *not* blaming the Wichita team. I'm sure they are only doing as told. At any rate, it's putting other brands on our radar. I'm currently looking at Oceania for 2015. FWIW, there was a time that we were so entirely dedicated to Celebrity, that I wouldn't even consider reading another brand's brochure, let alone calling a competitor. I'm very sad about the idea of sailing elsewhere, but Celebrity is pushing us in that direction.

You would think that many years of total loyalty & massive spending on their brand should matter. In some cases, (and I suspect there are others who feel this way), Celebrity seems to have lost focus of this very fundamental concept.

Edited by Host Andy

Gotcha Andy and fully agree. We got the short end of the stick too in the transition. I feel for you, though, as you have been an outstanding loyal customer for such a long time.

Apparently there are two ways to get the added 25 points bonus? One states in the e-mai lthat it is cruises booked after June 2. Understand. Also understand that they are making people pay ore with the 123 added, as that is the way they have worked with that promo since day 1. For most people who have booked early, it is a huge expense to upgrade to current prices; for those who booked more recently, not so much of a cost. I refuse to play the game.

My question is this. It appears there is also an offer which started in December for any?? cruise booked 9 months in advance. Can anyone explain this or point me to something specific or in writing? Booked in April 2014 for fall 2015 and surely heard nothing about 25 points and nothing on our booking.

Can anyone point out that offer???????????????.

Gotcha Andy and fully agree. We got the short end of the stick too in the transition. I feel for you, though, as you have been an outstanding loyal customer for such a long time.

Apparently there are two ways to get the added 25 points bonus? One states in the e-mai lthat it is cruises booked after June 2. Understand. Also understand that they are making people pay ore with the 123 added, as that is the way they have worked with that promo since day 1. For most people who have booked early, it is a huge expense to upgrade to current prices; for those who booked more recently, not so much of a cost. I refuse to play the game.

My question is this. It appears there is also an offer which started in December for any?? cruise booked 9 months in advance. Can anyone explain this or point me to something specific or in writing? Booked in April 2014 for fall 2015 and surely heard nothing about 25 points and nothing on our booking.

Can anyone point out that offer???????????????.

Hi D4m,

I'm fairly certain there was another bonus point offer previously. Here's a link to the current offer. Please Click HERE

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Orator,

I recall that we both predicted that bonus points would be used as booking enticements, and that proved to be true. I absolutely feel that's an outstanding idea, but I'm growing increasingly displeased with always being told no by Captains Club. It's *always* no, no, no, no, no. I'd understand completely, if my above comment was for a $599 cruise, but I just asked on a cruise that we spent nearly $5,000 on. All I asked for, was 25 lousy points, and was told no. You would think someone would have the brain cells to say "Mr Andy, you've sailed with us for over 20 years, and we sincerly appreciate your loyalty... so we will make this happen for you". Seems that the simple thought of good customer service, and appreciation for your business & loyalty, is gone.

I'm sure that part of my unhappiness is being disappointed with the point conversion. I know it worked well for many, and please believe me when I say that I couldn't be happier for those that it worked in their favor. For us ? Not so much. What upsets me, is that we'd love to become Zenith at some point (It's not so much for me. I suspect I'll get there in the not too distant future. However, I want it more than anything for Mom - who is getting up in years). Sadly, it seems to be the impossible dream.

What I've described, is one of the concerns with the new levels. While I **totally appreciate** that Celebrity added 2 new levels, and that Zenith's benefits are THE gold standard of cruise loyalty benefits.... My issue is, once you get to Elite Plus, it's like falling off the top of the mountain, only to require climbing it all over again again - and it's a HUGE climb :). I truly hope that Celebrity considers adding a level between Elite Plus and Zenith in the not too distant future.

BTW, I've repeatedly contacted Captains Club, and asked to speak with, or email their loyalty manager, to offer suggestions for future tweaks to Captains Club. Unfortunately, my requests have been ignored. Is it that big of a request, to spend 5-10 minutes on the phone, with ideas that can surely help them ? I have a wonderful idea, that can easily resolve my concerns, and would likely make many other Celebrity fans happy... but I cannot get anyone to listen. How sad is that ?

If Celebrity wants to show me that loyalty is appreciated ? As I've said for years, Celebrity should have a dedicated group, with a direct phone line & an assigned Captains Club contact, for their most loyal customers. I feel this would be a wonderful benefit for Elite Plus & Zenith members - AND perhaps those who've met a revenue spend threshold.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm tired of the flippant and rigid attitude of Captains Club. To be clear, I'm *not* blaming the Wichita team. I'm sure they are only doing as told. At any rate, it's putting other brands on our radar. I'm currently looking at Oceania for 2015. FWIW, there was a time that we were so entirely dedicated to Celebrity, that I wouldn't even consider reading another brand's brochure, let alone calling a competitor. I'm very sad about the idea of sailing elsewhere, but Celebrity is pushing us in that direction.

You would think that many years of total loyalty & massive spending on their brand should matter. In some cases, (and I suspect there are others who feel this way), Celebrity seems to have lost focus of this very fundamental concept.

I also experienced another problem with the Celebrity Captains club. We are also scheduled for a August 2014 cruise which was paid in full. We are booked in a Celebrity Suite. I noticed a price drop for a Royal SUite, and my DH suggested we upgrade. Since this cruise was booked by a TA, we had to contact the TA and she called celebrity. We had a three way call that lasted over 1 1/2 hours. We were finally ready to book the Royal Suite. The Celebrity rep left and then notified us, we couldn't keep our existing Perks- at first she said we could! Then the price she originally quoted was more then she initially quoted! Needless to say, we told her forget about it! I called the Captains club and spoke to a rep and explained my issue, in addition I told her that we also upgraded on our last Silhouette cruise after final payment, without any issue regarding loss of perks. The Celebrity rep told me that they made a mistake and I should have considered myself lucky! Since I paid $1000 more to upgrade, it wasn't free! When onboard, we also spend money on the ship also. Just FYI we were also given points for CC not for an SS1.

I do not understand why Celebrity doesn't reward it's faithful.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi all,
I certainly feel the same as Andy. We have been sailing with Celebrity for the past twenty years, and I do not understand their customer service product or sometimes the crazy promotions.

We have several(6) Celebrity reservations that are more than nine months out, and the only way to get the current bonus points offer was to cancel and rebook.

The ones that were the same prices, we did, the others we didn't. I understand it is their rules and they get to make them

We also have a longer cruise in April 2015 which is fully paid for and the category of suite we have is sold out. So we asked nicely if we could get the bonus points on that sailing, and Captain's Club said no both to us and to our TA. We asked what it would cost to rebook, and they said they did not know since the category is sold out.

We usually cruise with 15 or so family friends and relatives on each sailing. It does make you wonder if they wish to make their long term cruise base happy when the "points" cost them so very little economically in goodwill. I know we am not entitled to it, but it makes me want to book last minute cruises at reduced rates.

Captain's Club also told us that the cruise history was deleted/ merged between myself and one of my family members after our Reflection cruise in February of this year and another cruise we took in April of this year since they thought we lived at the same address( not even in the same city!)

We only found out, when we went to book onboard in April for another cruise.

Their solution was to make us prove all of the prior cruise history by either submitting the prior seapass cards or credit card history to prove which sailings we each had taken.

We are still trying to get one more cruise added to the list, and it just shouldn't be this hard. All of the family are Elite Plus members.

I now take screen shots and save emails and reservations booking numbers, so I can remember what promotion each booking is currently under.

I saved a page of the prior bonus offer. The prior promotion that offer bonus points was for 25 bonus points booked between 11/29/2013 and 2/28/2014.

The terms are here:
* To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Nov. 29, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between Feb. 2014 - Mar 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." The first two guests in a Qualifying Booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit ("OBC"). The first two guests in the stateroom must select the same options. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package.

Limit of one Offer per stateroom. All guests in the stateroom must book during the Offer Period. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Provide promo code BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities. For Europe 2014 cruises, provide promo code EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, promo code EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, promo code EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities.

Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

Free Gratuities for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines.

Onboard Credit option is one per stateroom and the amount is based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.

Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and one 38-minute internet package when booked in a triple or higher occupancy stateroom. Beverage package includes all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Upgrades to other Beverage packages are available for an additional charge plus beverage gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Internet usage terms apply. Register for internet access at I-lounge during the cruise. Additional Internet packages can be purchased onboard.

Beverage Packages: Terms of Celebrity's Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises.

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made January 1 - 31, 2014. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club points, for Aqua Class and above stateroom bookings on sailings to Alaska, Bermuda or the Caribbean. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014.

To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702, or book online at Celebritycruises.com and mention your promo code you choose. All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offers exclude interior staterooms. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers are subject to availability and change without notice, and are capacity controlled. Offers not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offers based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions.

©2014 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships' registry: Malta and Ecuador.

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mail from
Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com

We hope you enjoyed this email from:
Celebrity Cruises Inc.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
[url]www.celebritycruises.com[/url]

I hope that those entitled to the points for bookings during the time frame get the bonus points after their sailings.

I wish Celebrity would simplify all of the various promotions, as it is confusing to remember which offers are combinable with which, unless you print out the offer at the time of each booking.

As a shareholder, I'm glad if it is good for business; as a customer, I think they can still work on a better public relations department and experience.

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Orator,
As I've said for years, Celebrity should have a dedicated group, with a direct phone line & an assigned Captains Club contact, for their most loyal customers. I feel this would be a wonderful benefit for Elite Plus & Zenith members - AND perhaps those who've met a revenue spend threshold.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Andy,

Actually Celebrity DOES have a dedicated phone number for Zenith members.

The first time I called it I reached our favorite Captains Club rep in Wichita.

Unfortunately when I called a few weeks ago it went to "reservations" as opposed to the Captains Club.

Tom

[quote name='TommyD3']Hi Andy,

Actually Celebrity DOES have a dedicated phone number for Zenith members.

The first time I called it I reached our favorite Captains Club rep in Wichita.

Unfortunately when I called a few weeks ago it went to "reservations" as opposed to the Captains Club.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tom - that's good to know... but it would be ideal if your calls went to a dedicated rep. Hope all is well !

[quote name='JonnyCT81']Hey there,

I think some people might be getting confused with the original bonus points offered offered last year just after the transition to the new system; that still applies if you have had reservations booked under the original promo from last year. This only applies to new reservations booked within this time (nine months from now or later).Hope that helps!!

Yes the 25 points that I was to have by today that has not showed up. The extra 25 for booking Aqua offered last year just after they started the new system did not show. I sent off the a email. I did receive my 35 points for the cruise.

[quote name='Host Andy']Thanks Tom - that's good to know... but it would be ideal if your calls went to a dedicated rep. Hope all is well ![/QUOTE]

Andy and Tommy:
I received a phone call from an "Executive Captain's Club concierge" right before I reached Zenith. I didn't even know that position existed. She asked for our preferences and told us to call or e-mail her directly if we had any questions or requests. We've called her a few times and have received outstanding service. I was told that some of the Captain's Club representatives in Witicha are ,or will be assigned specific Zenith members. Tommy, don't know if those like you who became Zenith when the new program started have a specific name,but I would call if you don't.

Very disappointing that even the most loyal Celeb cruisers are being subjected to the new cold corporate face of X.. For so many yrs Celebrity was more like a country club at sea with guests being pampered and made to feel their patronage was treasured. The word NO was not so often used, and cruisers who came on bd several times a yr were recognized for their loyalty in many ways.

Now it seems everything is geared towards the bottom line...doing anything to capture new patrons but not caring much if they lose their loyal base. NO is in vogue,.no, it is not included in your alcohol package; no , you cannot combine offers; no, you cannot get bonus points unless you pay...no, guest relations cannot help you til they contact the hime office,,

cannot blame the staff...this is the new tone

still hoping this is all temporary growing pains and will soon reverse itself by treating all its guests as Celebrities Edited by hcat

[quote name='hcat']Very disappointing that even the most loyal Celeb cruisers are being subjected to the new cold corporate face of X.. For so many yrs Celebrity was more like a country club at sea with guests being pampered and made to feel their patronage was treasured. The word NO was not so often used, and cruisers who came on bd several times a yr were recognized for their loyalty in many ways.

Now it seems everything is geared towards the bottom line...doing anything to capture new patrons but not caring much if they lose their loyal base. NO is in vogue,.no, it is not included in your alcohol package; no , you cannot combine offers; no, you cannot get bonus points unless you pay...no, guest relations cannot help you til they contact the hime office,,

cannot blame the staff...this is the new tone

still hoping this is all temporary growing pains and will soon reverse itself by treating all its guests as Celebrities[/QUOTE]

I experienced lots of problems, especially with Miami prior to making Zenith. We've been treated quite well since we made Zenith. Treatment on the ships was always outstanding, but even that has been elevated. Flashing the black card works wonders. They no longer charge the Zeniths to cash out OBC in the Casino. The Michael's Club Concierge can make things happen. The Asst. ahead Housekeeper for our area now comes to our cabin, no matter what category to make sure everything is okay. Edited by Orator

It's really dissappointing to hear the treatment expressed by loyal cruises. I must say we have not received much of this at all and it would disappoint me as well.

When we've had a few problems, off the ship, we've either called and the issue has been resolved right away, or on one occasion, when I sent and email and it wasn't responded too, I forwarded it the Michael Baily email and I and was contacted back by phone by someone who was very eager to help.

One one other occasion I wasn't satisfied with the response regarding getting the same cabin for a B2B (28 days) and sent an email to a guest relations manager. Within about 48 hours that situation was resolved as well.

If the points are connected to a promo, I can understand X not giving the points seperatly then the promo. I book (a lot) of hotel room, more than 150/year for me personally, and another 150+ for staff. Many times there are prices with bonus loyalty points. Sometimes they're the same price, sometimes more. Why should I get the bonus points when they're not for the room or rate I booked? Additionally, if I book a hotel room, but later they offer the same room at a higher or different price, why should I get the bonus points even if I call and ask for them? I can certainly change my reservation to the new rate and get the points, OR I can keep my rate. If the room rate is now lower, great, I'll take it, if it is more, no thanks. Seems Celebrity's policy matched what other segments of the travel industry is doing?

Happy sailing,
Jenna

[quote name='kk99']Hi all,
I certainly feel the same as Andy. We have been sailing with Celebrity for the past twenty years, and I do not understand their customer service product or sometimes the crazy promotions.

We have several(6) Celebrity reservations that are more than nine months out, and the only way to get the current bonus points offer was to cancel and rebook.

The ones that were the same prices, we did, the others we didn't. I understand it is their rules and they get to make them

We also have a longer cruise in April 2015 which is fully paid for and the category of suite we have is sold out. So we asked nicely if we could get the bonus points on that sailing, and Captain's Club said no both to us and to our TA. We asked what it would cost to rebook, and they said they did not know since the category is sold out.

We usually cruise with 15 or so family friends and relatives on each sailing. It does make you wonder if they wish to make their long term cruise base happy when the "points" cost them so very little economically in goodwill. I know we am not entitled to it, but it makes me want to book last minute cruises at reduced rates.

Captain's Club also told us that the cruise history was deleted/ merged between myself and one of my family members after our Reflection cruise in February of this year and another cruise we took in April of this year since they thought we lived at the same address( not even in the same city!)

We only found out, when we went to book onboard in April for another cruise.

Their solution was to make us prove all of the prior cruise history by either submitting the prior seapass cards or credit card history to prove which sailings we each had taken.

We are still trying to get one more cruise added to the list, and it just shouldn't be this hard. All of the family are Elite Plus members.

I now take screen shots and save emails and reservations booking numbers, so I can remember what promotion each booking is currently under.

I saved a page of the prior bonus offer. The prior promotion that offer bonus points was for 25 bonus points booked between 11/29/2013 and 2/28/2014.

The terms are here:
* To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Nov. 29, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between Feb. 2014 - Mar 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." The first two guests in a Qualifying Booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit ("OBC"). The first two guests in the stateroom must select the same options. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package.

Limit of one Offer per stateroom. All guests in the stateroom must book during the Offer Period. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Provide promo code BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities. For Europe 2014 cruises, provide promo code EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, promo code EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, promo code EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities.

Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

Free Gratuities for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines.

Onboard Credit option is one per stateroom and the amount is based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.

Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and one 38-minute internet package when booked in a triple or higher occupancy stateroom. Beverage package includes all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Upgrades to other Beverage packages are available for an additional charge plus beverage gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Internet usage terms apply. Register for internet access at I-lounge during the cruise. Additional Internet packages can be purchased onboard.

Beverage Packages: Terms of Celebrity's Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises.

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made January 1 - 31, 2014. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club points, for Aqua Class and above stateroom bookings on sailings to Alaska, Bermuda or the Caribbean. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014.

To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702, or book online at Celebritycruises.com and mention your promo code you choose. All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offers exclude interior staterooms. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers are subject to availability and change without notice, and are capacity controlled. Offers not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offers based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions.

©2014 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships' registry: Malta and Ecuador.

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mail from
Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com

We hope you enjoyed this email from:
Celebrity Cruises Inc.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
[url]www.celebritycruises.com[/url]

I hope that those entitled to the points for bookings during the time frame get the bonus points after their sailings.

I wish Celebrity would simplify all of the various promotions, as it is confusing to remember which offers are combinable with which, unless you print out the offer at the time of each booking.

As a shareholder, I'm glad if it is good for business; as a customer, I think they can still work on a better public relations department and experience.[/QUOTE]
I also rebooked during this period. After numerous calls and letters, one email from Celebrity yesterday, they still refuse to honor this offer.

I am very frustrated about this situation. My dh and i have two future Celebrity Cruises booked, I love the Ships but perhaps time to rethink sailing on Celebrity.

[quote name='Orator']I experienced lots of problems, especially with Miami prior to making Zenith. We've been treated quite well since we made Zenith. Treatment on the ships was always outstanding, but even that has been elevated. Flashing the black card works wonders. They no longer charge the Zeniths to cash out OBC in the Casino. The Michael's Club Concierge can make things happen. The Asst. ahead Housekeeper for our area now comes to our cabin, no matter what category to make sure everything is okay.[/QUOTE]

Great for Zenith members but everyone deserves good service even if not yet elevated to ultimate perks level !

bonus points for bookings means program is no longer just about loyalty..