US air vs AA

Jiffymom

I will be booking using award mileage from California to MCO. I see AA is offering US airway flight

requires much less award points. Would you fly US from California or use more mileage and stick with American.

Does US offer any frills or is it bare bones like southwest.

Yes I do fly Southwest often but for 8 hours I prefer more comfort,

I do have enough points for business class.

I will be booking using award mileage from California to MCO. I see AA is offering US airway flight

requires much less award points. Would you fly US from California or use more mileage and stick with American.

Does US offer any frills or is it bare bones like southwest.

Yes I do fly Southwest often but for 8 hours I prefer more comfort,

I do have enough points for business class.

No answer, but...

You do know that USAirways is in the process of becoming AA...totally.

I would check to see if your itinerary is on the same plane even tho you booked with AA or US.

im concerned with the comfort. Do they offer movies. I just don't find the info.

Yes they do fly to MCO From Sacramento. But it does have more stops.

Requires less miles(points) but again what are the planes like.

No answer, but...

You do know that USAirways is in the process of becoming AA...totally.

I would check to see if your itinerary is on the same plane even tho you booked with AA or US.

They are merging, US Airways is not becoming AA. Totally.

To the OP, Miami is an AA hub. If weather or anything is an issue, you have a much better chance of getting to South Florida than with US Airways.

I would pick AA for that reason.

im concerned with the comfort. Do they offer movies. I just don't find the info.

You need to look up the flights and the planes.

AA is rolling out many new planes but is also flying with some very old planes. You need to see which one is flying on the flight you would take versus the one that US Air is offering.

I fly AA regularly. Some planes are great and others are not and that includes that some have movies and others don't.

Also AA is pushing many of the US Air flights that involve changing planes so look carefully at the flights and what is involved.

Keith

I recently was looking for a flight, and the flight had one leg on AA and the other leg on US Air. Buying the flight through US Airways was several hundred dollars cheaper than buying through AA for the same flight and same flights on the same airlines even though they are all under the same parent company.

Be careful when booking "code share" flights with AA. For our upcoming December cruise I purchased tickets on AA for flights operated by Envoy. When a schedule change happened, my options were very limited. They would only rebook me on Envoy flights and wanted to charge the price difference to put me on US Air flights that were advertised on the AA website. I argued enough that they finally rebooked us on AA flights.

Be careful when booking "code share" flights with AA. For our upcoming December cruise I purchased tickets on AA for flights operated by Envoy. When a schedule change happened, my options were very limited. They would only rebook me on Envoy flights and wanted to charge the price difference to put me on US Air flights that were advertised on the AA website. I argued enough that they finally rebooked us on AA flights.

Envoy now is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines ... before the bankruptcy it was known as American Eagle ... American Eagle no longer is a specific airline, it is the "brand" AA uses to cover all the carriers they use/contract for regional services.

AA no longer seems to be as passenger friendly as in the past

US Airways doesn't offer movies unless you're going to Hawaii. If that's a major consideration, you're best with AA (at least until the merger is more complete).