In case of Emergency

tango223

Was wondering if someone can answer my question. I could not find a section in the website on how someone would contact the ship in case there is an emergency. The reason I'm asking is that we will be on a trip on the Mariner this fall and my husband and I have 90+ year old mothers. Wanted to know if there was a way that someone can reach the ship in case of any emergency.

Any help with this question is greatly appreciated. This is our 1st time on Regent.

:confused:

Also, if you have a cell phone & can turn on international service, this is an easy route for them to reach you. You can also direct dial from your cabin phone which might be reassuring to both sides.

And you could also recieve emails when hooked up through the ships WiFi. The best deal in my mind is to sign up for international texting. I think you can do that for as little as $10/month.

Thank you all for your help. I'll think I'll put my cell phone on Verizon's Global plan & have our mother's to call my cell. And good that the final docs also has a number to call.

Viber does sound good but neither mothers have a cell phone or computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tango - In your final docs, you'll be given a phone number for the Regent Seven Seas telephone contact system. Using that system, anyone call phone the ship and ask that a message be passed on to you. For example, this is the instruction that we left with our housesitter for our most recent cruise on Mariner (the same number is used for all three ships - one simply has to select the prompt for the ship on which you're sailing):

"Call the ship using the Regent Seven Seas system. (You must use a major credit card for this option. We will reimburse you for the charges on your card.)

Dial the access number: 1 - 800 - 886 - 5374.

Then, follow the prompts and instructions to indicate that you wish to call the Mariner. When they say the prompt for Mariner is “1 pound”, that means 1 and then the # sign."

Thus, you see, anyone with a credit card can contact you on the ship irrespective of your cell phone plan. You can then return the call using either your cell phone (about $2.50 per minute using the Cellular at Sea system) or using the phone in your cabin (a good option if you are granted phone time based on previous cruise days on Regent).

Cheers, Fred

Thank you Fred! That is a big relief. I will tell my mother to call my BFF who can use her cc to call me. My mother would be flustered with any other directions.

RachelG , will switch to Verizon's Global plan for the duration. That way my mother can try my cell phone or call my BFF.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums