Sabatini's breakfast

shredie

ROFL! You should have heard me bitch the one and only time I received an upgrade, from a balcony to a mini-suite. I accepted the upgrade but then regretted it because I really do hate being mid-ship. Much prefer the aft section. I liked the cabin but hated mid-ship.

And did you get Sabatini's breakfast as compensation? LOL. :D

The "Ambience", "Service" and "Pampering" really makes you wonder why you haven't booked a suite before... ahhhhhhhh ;)

We are just,

RetiredNTraveling!(Mike & Betty)

Actually I know for certain why I haven't booked a suite. I'm a state employee so I simply can't afford a suite!

does any body know if you can get GOOD corn beef hash--not the stuff from cans but the real corn beef made from scratch. Love it but of course don't get it very often.:o

Absolutely.

I don't eat it but have seen others order it and rave about how good it was.

Mike:)

oh good love it and can't wait. Our first suite and first time on

Princess. Do wish there was a way you could bring a guest as we are bringing our family and would be fun to treat them even if we had to pay for them.

Absolutely.

I don't eat it but have seen others order it and rave about how good it was.

Do wish there was a way you could bring a guest as we are bringing our family and would be fun to treat them even if we had to pay for them.

Sorry but they are very strict and only the persons actually occupying the suite are admitted.

All suite passengers are entitled to breakfast at Sabatini's regardless of their captain's circle status. Being elite is irrelevant.

I am aware of that. I was simply stating that of the perks for suite passengers that are still left, versus those for Elites, breakfast at Sabatini's is the most desirable IMHO, unless one considers the bowl of Marcona almonds that you get as a wonderful thing. That was the thing they gave us in lieu of unlimited internet.

Do wish there was a way you could bring a guest as we are bringing our family and would be fun to treat them even if we had to pay for them.
It's always fun to share perks you've either paid for or earned with family and friends but then what happens is that it's no longer special or a real perk. It's amazing how many people extend other perks such as the Elite perk of unlimited laundry to an ever-expanding group of family and friends. You know something's fishy when 5-7 bags a day are sent out for the entire cruise in a variety of sizes for men, women and children when two adults are booked in the cabin. Edited by Pam in CA

It's always fun to share perks you've either paid for or earned with family and friends but then what happens is that it's no longer special or a real perk. It's amazing how many people extend other perks such as the Elite perk of unlimited laundry to an ever-expanding group of family and friends. You know something's fishy when 5-7 bags a day are sent out for the entire cruise in a variety of sizes for men, women and children when two adults are booked in the cabin.
gosh I can't imagine that. No wonder they take the perks away. One thing if you are willing to pay extra for for it but another thing if you just take advantage of it.

It's also nice to get a capaccino or espresso without having a coffee card. The French toast with the apple topping is pretty wonderful too. I agree it's a nice relaxing and yummy way to start the day.

gosh I can't imagine that. No wonder they take the perks away. One thing if you are willing to pay extra for for it but another thing if you just take advantage of it.
:( All it takes is a relative few to ruin it for everyone else. Princess could easily control abuse but they prefer to avoid any confrontation or saying, "No" to anyone.

That never crossed my mind. I got my cabin back, so I'm happy. I am simply curious about what the Sabatini's breakfast is, that's all. Goodness, one has to be careful about saying something on this board...

Please don't take offence at my response.

I was simply aware of the fact, from other threads, that you weren't in a suite and were having problems with you booking AND I did wish you Good Luck, which I would hope sent the message that I saw nothing wrong with any aspiration you had in terms of breakfast in Sabatini's.

There was no criticism intended or implied. Please go back and read my post carefully. As you say one has to be careful about saying something on this board

Our first suite was on the Sea Princess, but there's no Sabatini's! We didn't realize at the time, that having breakfast there was such a wonderful treat. Now, after reading all the posts about breakfast in Sabatini's, I can't wait to experience this great perk on our next cruise.

We were spoiled when Princess gave us an upgrade to a suite so we now book them but the next cruise (in 33 days) is a port intensive Med. cruise so after asking if Sabatini's was open sooner to accommodate early departures for excursions and being told no we are in a mini-suite. Now we've heard rumblings that they will open earlier to accommodate excursions. I'm going to be mortified if they are open earlier. At least we can look forward to the Panama where we know we'll be taking full advantage of breakfast in Sabatini's.

I'm not a breakfast eater but DH is. I asked for a bowl of berries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and they had them every morning. They didn't come automatically but I was able to ask for them and received them. It's nice to be served instead of jumping up and down as in a buffet.

We were spoiled when Princess gave us an upgrade to a suite so we now book them but the next cruise (in 33 days) is a port intensive Med. cruise so after asking if Sabatini's was open sooner to accommodate early departures for excursions and being told no we are in a mini-suite. Now we've heard rumblings that they will open earlier to accommodate excursions. I'm going to be mortified if they are open earlier. At least we can look forward to the Panama where we know we'll be taking full advantage of breakfast in Sabatini's.

I hope that what you've heard about earlier opening hours on port days is correct. With a port intensive cruise it has been disappointing that we've been unable to have breakfast in Sabatini's. Room service and the buffet don't even come close.

No problem. Just as when you achieve 75 cruise credits, you get breakfast in Sabatini's for the entire cruise, an FYI, but just that cruise. There are loyalty perks beyond what's published in the Captain's Circle.

Not on Princess but on another line, there was a major problem with my booking that was the line's fault. In compensation for their error, they gave me a huge OBC, four spa/massage treatments, dinner in a specialty restaurant, etc. I never asked for it nor did I expect anything although I was upset at the time. Major issues that are not the passenger's fault can often be ameliorated by a few perks.

Pam,

I will achieve 75 cruise credits 5 days in on my upcoming 15 day cruise to Hawaii. Does that mean I will be able to have breakfast in Sabatini's for the remaining 10 days or the full cruise?

By the way, I appreciate all your posts.

Glen

Pam,

I will achieve 75 cruise credits 5 days in on my upcoming 15 day cruise to Hawaii. Does that mean I will be able to have breakfast in Sabatini's for the remaining 10 days or the full cruise?

By the way, I appreciate all your posts.

Glen

Will you have 75 cruises (cruise credits) or 75 days at sea? If the later, congratulations on being half way to elite.

Cruise credits are given at the completion of a cruise, not mid-way.

The 15 night cruise to Hawaii is fabulous. Enjoy.

Jackie