BVE where to find on Princess web site?

Hi, we are on 32 day cruise from LA to Venice. Did not realise it is a B2B cruise when we booked it. Have noticed one of the segments is from Fort Lauderdale to Venice. My question is to the knowledgeable CC experts is:-

Would two of our friends (Canadians) be eligible to meet us (Australians) as part of the BVE in Fort Lauderdale? I have read about the BVE on Cruise Critic but for the life of me can not find any information on the Princess web site. Thanks.

It hasn't been updated so there's no point. Call Princess and ask whether there's a BVE on your sail date. Be prepared to be put on hold for ages. :( I gather it's a special department.

Edited by Pam in CA

When I've called about it I simply asked for info on the BVE and was switched to someone who was able to help me right away. I even booked a BVE that happened well after the last date on the "official" list that had been posted online. My TA said it was too late and there were no more that year but I called Princess anyway and had my choice of two different dates that month.

I did another one in May - took my son onboard as a thank you for driving us to SF for our departure. I just called and asked and had it booked in a flash.

I certainly doesn't hurt to ask!

Hi, we are on 32 day cruise from LA to Venice. Did not realise it is a B2B cruise when we booked it. Have noticed one of the segments is from Fort Lauderdale to Venice. My question is to the knowledgeable CC experts is:-

Would two of our friends (Canadians) be eligible to meet us (Australians) as part of the BVE in Fort Lauderdale? I have read about the BVE on Cruise Critic but for the life of me can not find any information on the Princess web site. Thanks.

I just reserved the BVE for our daughter the other day (we are sailing out of SF.) I called Princess to reserve it because I couldn't find it on their website. I ended up talking to two different reps, they were both quite nice. I was put on hold, but not for long.

I just reserved the BVE for our daughter the other day (we are sailing out of SF.) I called Princess to reserve it because I couldn't find it on their website. I ended up talking to two different reps, they were both quite nice. I was put on hold, but not for long.

As far as I know it's never on the Princess web site. There was another site that had listings last year but I don't think it was updated for this year and it didn't have the ones for late in the year last year either.

Note: I just checked that other site and it just says: 2014 TBA

Would two of our friends (Canadians) be eligible to meet us (Australians) as part of the BVE in Fort Lauderdale?

If the BVE is available, it does not matter if you are on board or not. Anybody can book the BVE even if they do not know anyone who is sailing.

If the BVE is available, it does not matter if you are on board or not. Anybody can book the BVE even if they do not know anyone who is sailing.

Very true. Our first BVE we booked just so we could be onboard to buy more FCC. We foolishly didn't have any FCC on hand and you can only buy them on the ship so we took a drive to SF, boarded Grand Princess, had a nice lunch, wandered around the ship a while, purchased a couple of FCC each, and then wandered around the wharf area checking things out. It was a very nice afternoon. The only bad part was, of course, having to get off and then watch the ship sail away!

So, you're on the Island Princess from LA to Venice in March of 2015? Princess won't have the BVE schedule for 2015 until later this year... and even if the schedule was published, you can't reserve a BVE until 120 days before embarkation.

...and even if the schedule was published, you can't reserve a BVE until 120 days before embarkation.
I agree with you about a 2015 BVE but I don't think the 120 days is correct since I booked a BVE for October a couple of months ago, well over 120 days before embarkation.

I agree with you about a 2015 BVE but I don't think the 120 days is correct since I booked a BVE for October a couple of months ago, well over 120 days before embarkation.

This BVE FAQ for travel agents was posted on CC that a "reservation can be made beginning 120 days before the cruise and up to six days before the sailing date".

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

However they made your reservation well over 120 days in advance so it must be a guideline only & they have some flexibility...or Princess modified the procedure since this was written. :)

This BVE FAQ for travel agents was posted on CC that a "reservation can be made beginning 120 days before the cruise and up to six days before the sailing date".

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

However they made your reservation well over 120 days in advance so it must be a guideline only & they have some flexibility...or Princess modified the procedure since this was written. :)

Who knows what they're doing with it. They don't promote it or have a link on their website yet they say that people aren't booking. Hello! My last BVE, there were only two of us.

Good to know, thanks.

What in the world is a BVE? :o
Bon Voyage Experience.

It's available at some US ports but not all sailings. You pay $39/pp and are the first to board the ship. There's a nice lunch which includes wine or soda and a photograph. You are free to stay on the ship and use any of the services, get FCC's, etc. until Muster. The $39 will be applied as a credit towards any future cruise booked within three month.

I've done it several times and while it's sad to have to disembark the ship, it's a lovely half day on the ship essentially for free since I usually book another cruise. It's a great way for family and friends to see your cabin and experience a little but if what it's like to be on the ship.

You have to call.

But, I don't think there will be a BVE on a port call to Ft. Lauderdale.

Generally only if it is a turn-around day, and even then, it is not

every time.

You have to call.

But, I don't think there will be a BVE on a port call to Ft. Lauderdale.

Generally only if it is a turn-around day, and even then, it is not

every time.

You're right. It's available only on a cruise's embarkation day. Not available if it's merely a port day. It's coordinated with the TSA and when you book, it's like booking a cruise. You have to have a passport or other documentation.

Just re-read the OPs post and the segment embarks in FLL so it's likely there will be a BVE.

Edited by Pam in CA

Who knows what they're doing with it. They don't promote it or have a link on their website yet they say that people aren't booking. Hello! My last BVE, there were only two of us.

They obviously don't know what they're doing with the BVE. :eek:

It's the same problem with the Wine Package which I know about from reading CC posts & not from Princess. I searched the Princess website for the Bon Voyage Experience & the wine package plus looking through all 2 1/2 years of news releases but there's nothing about either of these programs. :(

They obviously don't know what they're doing with the BVE. :eek:

It's the same problem with the Wine Package which I know about from reading CC posts & not from Princess. I searched the Princess website for the Bon Voyage Experience & the wine package plus looking through all 2 1/2 years of news releases but there's nothing about either of these programs. :(

Its a trend. :(

Its a trend. :(

Sadly that''s true & it's hard to figure why some things are not promoted which may result in a program failing. As Pam says "follow the money" so maybe both programs do not generate enough income to make them worthwhile. Keep them a "secret" & then Princess can justify canceling them "due to lack of participation". :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

You're right. It's available only on a cruise's embarkation day. Not available if it's merely a port day. It's coordinated with the TSA and when you book, it's like booking a cruise. You have to have a passport or other documentation.

Just re-read the OPs post and the segment embarks in FLL so it's likely there will be a BVE.

The other documentation is pretty easy if you don't have a passport. You are unable to finish all the info on the cruise personalizer because it doesn't accept a drivers license as ID there but, once you get to the BVE embarkation, they DO accept your drivers license and can issue your boarding pass at that time. That's how we did it when we took our son onboard before we sailed to Vancouver in May as he doesn't have a passport. Just be sure to arrive a bit early to deal with the minor paperwork.

Also, be sure to IGNORE the boarding time if you do have a passport and are able to print out your boarding pass in advance. It will likely say you can board at the regular boarding time. BVE people (and anyone who is actually sailing and who has their booking linked to the BVE person's booking) can board much earlier. Ours both were for 4:00 sailings and the boarding pass said to board at 1:00 which is crazy since we would have to be off by 3:30. Thanks to folks here on CC we found that we should arrive around 10:30 and were on the ship by 11:00.

Princess really doesn't know what they are doing with the BVE. One of ours the person doing the check in at the port didn't' have a clue.

It was really great to get to take our son onboard, show him the ship (and our aft-facing balcony!), and have lunch with him in MDR. It gave him an idea of what it is we have been raving about ever since we took our first cruise. :)

I'm the September 27th cruise out of San Francisco through the Panama Canal that starts in Vancouver so San Francisco is a port stop for some and other are getting off in SF as you can book this as a 3 day cruise to SF. I called as some friends who wanted to do the BVE and I was told that YES there would be a BVE when the ship arrives in San Francisco. I was under the impression that a stop such as this had no BVE.

Tom:)

I'm the September 27th cruise out of San Francisco through the Panama Canal that starts in Vancouver so San Francisco is a port stop for some and other are getting off in SF as you can book this as a 3 day cruise to SF. I called as some friends who wanted to do the BVE and I was told that YES there would be a BVE when the ship arrives in San Francisco. I was under the impression that a stop such as this had no BVE.

Tom:)

In this case SF is an embarkation port rather than simply a port stop as the cruise can be booked as starting in SF. We're doing a 17 day Panama Canal transit next year that starts in SF but will be mainly booked as a 15 day cruise by people who are starting in LA. In this case, both SF and LA will be considered embarkation ports and there "may" be a BVE offered in one or both ports.