Favorite Ship and Favorite Port.

Susie51

I saw this thread on RCI forum and thought it would be interesting to know what you Princess ships and Princess ports are.

I like the layout of the Diamond Princess better that the original design of the Grand. The adult pool is wonderful on the Diamond and I like the locker room situation on Diamond better than Grand.

Because of all of the marine life I saw while snorkeling in Cozumel, it is my favorite Princess port.

My favorite ship is Diamond Princess and my favorite port is Cozumel.

What is your favorite Princess ship and favorite Princess port.

Can't fairly comment on the Princess ship, as we've only been on the Emerald. But we loved the Emerald. ;) Trying the Royal next year.

But we've cruised a lot and my favorite port is definitely Oslo Norway. Followed closely by Skagway Alaska. You can fill every minute with great stuff to do at both! :cool:

Only five to choose from so far, but I'll go with:

Favorite Ship: Royal Princess(R-Class)

Favorite Port: Bora Bora, Society Islands, F.P.

Favorite Scenic Cruising: Glacier Bay, AK

Favorite ship Island/Coral,

least favorite due to the 4 smaller DR's are the Sapphire/Diamond.

But love their Promenade decks!!

Favorite port, Sorrento.

I soooo agree with you. I really did not like the dining room configuration on those ships and as a result will stay away from them.

I loved the Coral Princess and the Royal Princess. I know, so opposite in size, but would cruise either one in a second. My least favorite is the Caribbean Princess, and believe it or not will be on it in two weeks! Just need a quick Caribbean cruise and would like to stay with Princess.

As for a favorite port, loved them all for their differences. I enjoy them all.

Favorite ship: Each ship has it's pluses and minuses and I could name pros and cons for them all. So, I'll say my favorite ship is the one I'm on.

Favorite port: Again, so many ports to choose from for different reasons. Not in any particular order: Bora Bora, Pago Pago, Venice, Athens, Istanbul, Cairo, Ephesus, Stanley, Rio, Longyearben, Geiranger, St. Petersburg, Talinn, and so many others. Oh, and Half Moon Cay...so much better than Princess Cays.

Edited by Pam in CA

I have only sailed Mexico and the Caribbean so may not have as much insight as others. My favorite ship, hands down, is the Sapphire Princess. I love the extra wide Promenade Deck with full loungers, I love the pools which include a main open air pool, an aft pool, a Solarium type pool with a cover, and a nice pool in the Spa area. I love the whole aft deck area outside of the Horizon Court better than I like the aft area on the newer Grand Class ships. I could go on and on......

My favorite port is a toss up between Roatan and San Juan. I loved them both and had "one of those magical port days" in each one of them.:):):)

Ocean Princess - Itineraries are great. We have sailed her all over the world.

I'm glad to hear this! I haven't cruised with Princess yet but will hopefully be on the Ocean Princess next summer.

As for favorite port, I would have to pick Gibraltar.

Kristen