Drinks Package !!!

Delboy1

You are not forced to take a package so if it does not work for you do not buy it

Some will get their monies worth some will not ;)

Personal choice

Lyn

As Lyn says, personal choice. People who have beer or wine at lunch (or by the pool), cocktails before dinner, wine with dinner, postprandial drinks ... they find it worth it!

We don't ... I prefer to bring on some wine/booze for in-cabin consumption, which for me is easy since we don't go to bars except very rarely since DH drinks hardly at all.

Before the drinks package came into being, I would buy a bottle from the list for dinner consumption and stretch it out to 3, maybe 4 dinners. (Which isn't to say I don't do the same thing now! If I'm in one of the suites that gets the 6 bottles, I dig into those more.)

So it's really what you think will be best for you.

I'm not surprised to hear there's been another price increase. Prices rarely go down!

Mura

Just received today 2015 Summer Collection. Some great cruises. However, my jaw dropped when I read the price of the drinks package $68 per person per day ! Am I being a cheapskate ?

You can probably blame the crowd I was with recently on Oceania. We definitely made the most of the package! :D

I agree it's expensive, we had one for our 7 night Nautica cruise recently. I must be an old lush as we totted up what we were having on a average evening (not that any evening is average on Oceania) and we were doing very nicely;). The drinks are pricey and it soon adds up.

The prices on the ships I found are very much in line with hotels , bars and resorts here in the USA.. I have been living for the past month in a hotel in So Calif, after a month on Marina and the Marina prices were all more reasonable!!! I mean even Appleby's charged more !!!

If you think you are cutting a fat hog with your suite "free" wines and liquors... think again. You paid for every drop, maybe even more than the package! Nothing is free.

$68 is a lot of booze! I am a reasonable drinker and over 30 days I averaged about $ 43.00 a day AND that included bottles of wine!... Some days more but most days way less..... Like an all you can eat buffet.. how long can you and will you be able to max-out ?

As pointed out its how long the cruise and how much can you drink.

Just received today 2015 Summer Collection. Some great cruises. However, my jaw dropped when I read the price of the drinks package $68 per person per day ! Am I being a cheapskate ?

Checked my "already booked" (July 2015 cruise) on Oceania website today and prestige package still reads $60.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm wondering if the better Single Malts are included on the drink package. They don't mention them on the website.

I would think if they are not on the list then they are NOT included

just guessing of course

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the 2015 Collection catalog a few days ago and it had the drink package listed at $59.95 pp per day. I wonder where Delboy is located?

I'm wondering if the better Single Malts are included on the drink package...
I would think if they are not on the list then they are NOT included ...

If it's on the Bar Menu, it's included in the package (except for Louis XIII cognac). Availability may vary by ship or cruise and I've seen bartenders pour comparable "unlisted" brands without charge. Not sure if they're allowed that discretion or if they just do it now and then.

There are usually at least a couple of acceptable single malts on the menu; our last cruise (earlier this month on Regatta) included Highland Park 12, Glenlivet 12, Macallan Select Oak & Macallan Makers Edition.

Well, at least Alcoholics Anonymous is free...

(For us, the drinks package does not make sense. We would prefer to buy the discounted bottles of wine or bring our own or even order off of the wine list. We mayhave a cocktail or two as well but not every day but each day there are discounted specials plus free cocktail events. YMMV.)