7-10-14 Thursday Weigh-In..Now You See It..Now You Don't

Belle

Good Morning Belle, hope you are having a good day and week! This week was a big loss for me (I lose so slowly), I am down 1.4#. I'm very excited, I have a doctor's appointment this morning to get weighed ... so glad that the scale will be down.

I'm on vacation next week and am going home to a family reunion, so I probably won't be posting ... just have to try to maintain with lots of food and snacks around.

Good luck to all! Jan

HI all!

Belle ~ nice last post on the other thread.:D Thanks for your personal message.

Jan ~ WTG! Is your hometown in ME? Have a wonderful holiday & reunion.

I went to the doctor yesterday for skin problems but he never weighs me.

When I asked him why years ago he said I imagine you have a mirror.:o

I asked him about doing 850 calories a day like suggested in the book but he said you'd be too tired to do anything. There's no way I could go that low as I find it hard enough trying to keep to 1200. He suggested increasing the exercise & not paying so much attention to the numbers but rather how you feel & how your clothes fit.

Anyhow according to the 1st 3 readings of my stupid scale I'm down a pound!, just out of the 160's by a smidge.;)

Good luck to the rest of you & see you next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Jan, very good loss this week. Have a great family reunion.

Diana, staying the same is not a bad thing. It is not a gain.

Jo, good loss. Congrats.

I am down .5 lb. Very slow losing these last few weeks. 2.5 to go to final goal weight. I leave for my cruise next Thursday am. I drive to the pier so I will try to post before I leave since I should have time.

Rose

Happy Thursday ya'll!

Some really good reports today. Good going all.

I didn't weigh this morning. I went to the doctor yesterday, and according to his scales (which are always more than mine), I was only down 1.8 pounds total thus far.

BUT...we did decide I would go back on the Adipex for a few months. It worked in my favor when I took it 4 years ago, and I kept the weight off until I had surgery and became so inactive for 2 years.

So according to the Doctor's record, I had gained 40 pounds since my last visit to him in 2011. (I had lost 69 total back then)

My body fat has increased 11 percent. No wonder I look so 'fluffy'.

I do have diet guidelines to follow. Basically lots of protein, and no more than 8 (small) servings of carbs per day. A big list of unlimited veggies. Limited fruit for now. and Lots and lots of water.

and NO sweet tea or Coca Colas or Dr Pepper (staples in the South!)

The Nurse Practitioner told me not to buy any new (big) clothes for the cruise in December right now; just to wait and see what size I am before then.

By the way, I am so glad I found this forum. It does help to be accountable; it helps reading about everyone's successes and struggles. And I always like making new friends!

Good week mostly, got backed up for a couple days and don't know why but eh, still down 2 to an even 200. Looking forward to a 1 in front of my weight again next week.

Great job everyone, good news from lots is always encouraging. Thoughts and prayers to you too Belle.

Staying the same and losing are both wonderful - Congratulations to all!!!

(yesterday when the doctor weighed me I was done almost 1# more than my scales .... but I think that is the weight of the clothes).

Sometimes its nice to realize how much really has changed. I have about 5# to get to where I was last year, and then another 11# to get to my final goal weight. Right now I have lost a total of 54#. Wish it was all gone now:rolleyes:, but maintaining can be such a pain!!!

I'm worried about vacation .... my family always likes to sit and talk ... unfortunately that also includes different types of chips!!!

I've been in Maine for 39 years ... but home for me will always be Michigan.

Have a great week. Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine