Which deck would you choose? Oasis of the Seas

We have only been on one cruise and it was a Carnival Cruise.

I am looking at a short cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. But I don't really know if the deck matters. I know to see what is above and below. Really we are not picky. We are a military family with no mobility issues. Kids are 11 and 12.

Oh, looking for least expensive room so we are going to go with an interior room.

The ONLY concern is I can't really choose one of the guaranteed room where they randomly assign you because we are cruising with friends and want to be near their room. Last time we booked their room under our name for the military discount.

Decks coming up on search

Deckplan Codes L M (doesn't mean much to me)

Decks 3, 6, 7, 8 9, 10, 11, 12, 14

So, of these choices, what would you choose? Why?

Edited by angelndscz

I was also going to say deck 8. It is the same level as Central Park. Central Park is where a lot of the restaurants are located such as Park Avenue (especially nice for lunch). It is easy to get from one end of the ship to the other through Central Park and you could spend some time hunting for the gnomes hiding there. When we sailed on the Oasis, it seemed that everything we did was located close to Central Park.

4 votes for deck 8. Very convenient to Central Park, pretty much mid ship height wise, never waited for an elevator. Liked it so much we booked a GS on Allure just a couple of doors down from our JS on Oasis this year.

We had midship deck 6 and it was very convenient to everything...However with the interior cabin you're looking for it may be hard to find much midship that will accommodate 4 passengers..but try to get as close as possible.. Best of luck and enjoy Oasis.

Count me as another vote for Deck 8... We have that deck this November!

We were on the Allure and loved our location on Deck 6 as well...

Avoid Deck 14... I'm working on trying to get my in-laws off that deck for our up-coming cruise, since when they booked the last handicap accessible room for them was deck 14 right by Children's Zone, (not to mention one deck below the pools) and I don't think that's the way they intended on spending their 50th Wedding Anniversary!

Last year we stayed mid ship deck 6 (one of the accessible cabins). Same deck as Boardwalk. I was originally concerned about noise but it was absolutely perfect. I liked it because in the AM I could leave my sister sleeping and I could slip outside to the Boardwalk. It would be empty and quiet. Also one quick deck down to the Promenade.

We're going on Allure next month and we are in an almost identical location.

We had two interior cabins directly across fromm each other on Oasis 2 years ago. Kids had their own cabin. No 2 next to each other were available. We had 8000 & whatever is right across. Loved walking through central park every night to get to dinner in the MDR. It was so pretty lit up with white lights & very quiet. Ate at park cafe often since it was close & food good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Since there you are a family.........if able why dont you book a Crown loft on deck 17.

You will definetely get your exercise, close to pools and Windjammer but away from entertainment and shows, and dining room.

Out of the way, spacious.

The kids can sleep downstairs and have their own bathroom with shower, and you can sleep upstairs in the loft and have your privacy:D, as well as your own master bath.

Last year we got ours for just a nominal upgrade from a grand suite and loved it.

Hoping someday to sail in one again.

Sea Ya

We booked Deck 7, so that Central Park, the Boardwalk, and the Promenade are a short staircase or 2 away. Hope to cut down on the elevator time. Deck 8 would be just as good though.

Edited by jeditden

We were in an OV cabin all the way forward overlooking the heliport. Loved the extra large cabin. Deck 7 is easy to get to Central Park, Promenade, or Boardwalk using the stairs. We never had any problem waiting for elevators to get up to the pool and I think maybe that was because others were getting off for deck 5 & 6.

We've been just below the pool deck on both Voyager and Freedom Class ships and find the theory that it's noisier to be widely overblown. I'm not sure how it would be any different on an Oasis Class ship.

My vote is deck 7, one deck up you're at Central Park, one deck down, you're at the boardwalk, two decks down and you're at the promenade. If you have kids stay at the back of the ship and you can go up a few decks and be at the sports deck (this was. my daily exercise and I avoided waiting for the elevator). Try to stay close to the elevator, there isn't any noise and you're closer to the stairs! Also on deck 7 aft, you're one deck down to the schooner bar to take advantage of the drink package, with ease to take it to your cabin. Perfect in my opinion!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Different locations have different advantages. If you plan to spend most of your time at the pool and sports deck, and eat often at the buffet then go for a higher deck. If you like a lot of the Boardwalk and Central Park and Royal Promenade bars and activities, and also plan to go to the fitness center often, I would choose 6,7 or 8. It's best to avoid elevators on this ship as much as possible.

Make sure you price out adjoining or adjacent cabins. It may only be a few hundred more to get a second cabin for your kids. We just did this. The price for the third and fourth person in the cabin was the same as the first and second with a price drop. 4 people in an inside cabin, especially two older kids, will be tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app