Room by a Public Bathroom

We're booked on RCCL Explorer of the Seas in an oceanview cabin on Deck 3 right outside of the theater. The bad part is it's a room right next to the public bathroom outside of the theater. Has anyone stayed in a room next to the bathroom. Am I just going to hear toilets flushing all day and night? I would just go ahead and switch my room, but the next available ones are $200 more which is quite a bit when this booking this trip was a spur of the moment decision and just affordable. On the other hand, if it's going to be really bad, I may just cancel OR more likely suck it up and pay $200 more.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

We're booked on RCCL Explorer of the Seas in an oceanview cabin on Deck 3 right outside of the theater. The bad part is it's a room right next to the public bathroom outside of the theater. Has anyone stayed in a room next to the bathroom. Am I just going to hear toilets flushing all day and night? I would just go ahead and switch my room, but the next available ones are $200 more which is quite a bit when this booking this trip was a spur of the moment decision and just affordable. On the other hand, if it's going to be really bad, I may just cancel OR more likely suck it up and pay $200 more.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

You never know it might come in handy!:eek:

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

switch to 3246

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

We stayed on the Majesty with a public bathroom in the hallway right beside our room. Never heard a thing.

We went to see a movie one day during our recent Explorer cruise. The theater isn't very big and there aren't that many people roaming around that bit of the ship. Even if you can hear anything, I highly doubt it's going to be constant.

We went to see a movie one day during our recent Explorer cruise. The theater isn't very big and there aren't that many people roaming around that bit of the ship. Even if you can hear anything, I highly doubt it's going to be constant.

you saw a movie in the screening room, not the theater. 2 different places

I personally would not book a room next to the bathroom but if your a family in one room then it could very well be handy.

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice. I'm going to continue looking for another cabin to open up that's maybe not quite so much more, but otherwise I guess I'll give it a go. This will also be the first time that we're down so low on a ship. I don't think I've ever been lower than deck 6 and usually stay 7 - 9. I'm sure there will be some noise from the bathrooms, but I'm assuming that it won't be all night long and will mostly be around theater times. Anyway, hope I'm not too wrong about this. BTW, what I could not do would be have a whole family in one cabin!! While a bathroom next to the room would come in quite handy in that situation, NAH!!! Just shoot me! Way too crowded for me! LOL.

Cindy

Edited by cloudydrms
mistake

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice. I'm going to continue looking for another cabin to open up that's maybe not quite so much more, but otherwise I guess I'll give it a go. This will also be the first time that we're down so low on a ship. I don't think I've ever been lower than deck 6 and usually stay 7 - 9. I'm sure there will be some noise from the bathrooms, but I'm assuming that it won't be all night long and will mostly be around theater times. Anyway, hope I'm not too wrong about this. BTW, what I could not do would be have a whole family in one cabin!! While a bathroom next to the room would come in quite handy in that situation, NAH!!! Just shoot me! Way too crowded for me! LOL.

Cindy

why not move to 3246 like I sugested in post 5.? It's the same category and will not cost more to move there

3246 is available if OP is talking about the 10/18 sailing in her signature.

Do you seriously think I would have suggested that particular cabin if it was unavailable?

You both realize that the op stated she booked Explorer of the Seas without stating any sailing date or am I missing something?

If you don't have a chance to change, consider bringing really good ear plugs. Get the highest rated ones you can find. I travel quite a bit for work and use them all the time in hotels, airports, air plane, etc. May not block out everything, but does help a lot and could ease your mind. Don't take much room in the suitcase - in fact, I keep in my carry on.