DO Not take Avis Shuttle to Port Everglades

scottysje

Do not rent there if you are going on a cruise. Took a cruise on July 5th. Wait for 2 hours the shuttle. We saw the other rental car company shuttle passing a few times but NEVER Avis. We took the budget shuttle, since it is the same cie.

They told me the shuttle is complementary and I should have paid myself a taxi to drive me to the avis counter! I told them at the counter it is not the level of service expected.... They could not care less at the counter.

So please take my advise. Do not take AVIS. Take any other rental cie sine there are plenty deserving the port.

Do not rent there if you are going on a cruise. Took a cruise on July 5th. Wait for 2 hours the shuttle. We saw the other rental car company shuttle passing a few times but NEVER Avis. We took the budget shuttle, since it is the same cie.....

I'm wondering if you could elaborate, as Budget does not have a shuttle. I know this for a fact as we have rented from them twice and we had to take a cab both times (no biggie, about $12 - 15 plus tip).

At any rate, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrating delay. :(

Yes Budget has a shuttle for a small office they have on 17th street. But the service is not good at all, similar to Avis. Everyone should take another car rental cie there (as alamo, dollar thrifty etc...)

First post, but i've done 10 cruises and follow this very usefull cruise forum for a long time.

Yes I should have took a cab, but my budget is tight and want to spend my bucks on more usefull stuff... Always thought the suttle is included in the car rental rates but I guess not!!!

First post, but i've done 10 cruises and follow this very usefull cruise forum for a long time.

Yes I should have took a cab, but my budget is tight and want to spend my bucks on more usefull stuff... Always thought the suttle is included in the car rental rates but I guess not!!!

A ha! You thought there was a shuttle provided, but in actuality, there wasn't one offered? Avis is not one I had been hearing provides a shuttle to the port.

Do not rent there if you are going on a cruise. Took a cruise on July 5th. Wait for 2 hours the shuttle. We saw the other rental car company shuttle passing a few times but NEVER Avis. We took the budget shuttle, since it is the same cie.

Why on earth would you have waited two hours? You could have walked to Avis and back in that time.

They told me the shuttle is complementary and I should have paid myself a taxi to drive me to the avis counter! I told them at the counter it is not the level of service expected.... They could not care less at the counter.

So please take my advise. Do not take AVIS. Take any other rental cie sine there are plenty deserving the port.

Is this the location you reserved at http://locations.avis.com/fl/ft-lauderdale/qf1.html or was it the airport?