Ever Had A Bad Drink on RCCL?

Has anyone beside me ever had a drink on Royal, alcoholic or otherwise, that was SO bad that you had to send it back? Someone asked me that recently and I had to say "yes". I had an Apple Martini that tasted like a beginners Jello shot from a college frat party. I politely handed it back to the bar server and asked him to "please prepare an adult drink..." LOL.

How about anyone else? ;)

Has anyone beside me ever had a drink on Royal, alcoholic or otherwise, that was SO bad that you had to send it back? Someone asked me that recently and I had to say "yes". I had an Apple Martini that tasted like a beginners Jello shot from a college frat party. I politely handed it back to the bar server and asked him to "please prepare an adult drink..." LOL.

How about anyone else? ;)

Yes a Vodka Martini that had some ingredient that should not have been in it and it was awful.

yes, had to send Mojito's back in R Bar. Everything was just thrown into glass and nothing muddled. Very unpleasant. DH had to ask for extra sprite in a cocktail at the Sky bar also. It was too strong - I tease him for being the only Irish man I know that sends a drink back for having too much alcohol in it :D :eek:

I've never had a bad drink on board, if you mean bad in the sense that it wasn't prepared correctly.

I have, however, been served a frozen drink that was so strong I couldn't drink it. I didn't want to be rude, so I just set it under my lounge chair. I know the server was just being nice, but woah Nellie! :eek:

One time ordered a Bloody Mary and the bartender didn't pay attention to what drink mix he was using and started to put in Strawberry mix , realized he had the wrong mix , THEN put in Bloody Mary mix and served it to me. One sip and right back it went. :p

I do hope you filed a formal complaint and received a substantial FCC. Mistakes like this just cannot be tolerated.

No worries. The bartender realized his mistake on my next order and provided me with the appropriate remedy otherwise I'd be emailing 'Adam' for compensation. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our first cruise last month on RC, and I'd read quite a bit previously, and now on this thread about their strong drinks. That was not our experience. Finally noticed that they actually added water from a small bottle of water to every drink they made. Guess that would be the definition of "watered down". :rolleyes:

We didn't have a drink package and probably bought about 10 drinks over the course of the cruise. We weren't impressed. We're seriously considering how we can smuggle on a bit of liquor to add to the drink of the day on future cruises so we'd have "real" drinks, but really don't want to have to mess with it.

I have found that the quality of my drinks tend to be a bit better in the clubs and inside bars (R Bar, Champagne Bar) than the Pool Deck. IJS...:rolleyes:

In May, I had the best prepared Chocolate Martini and Strawberry Cheesecake Martini on the Navigator in the R Bar. Of course, those are professional mixologists. The pool deck guys don't put the same care into the drink preparation.

My hubby isn't really a drinker, and he's had awful watered-down Shirley Temple cocktails...how does THAT happen?!? :confused:

In May, I had the best prepared Chocolate Martini and Strawberry Cheesecake Martini on the Navigator in the R Bar. Of course, those are professional mixologists.

That's exactly where we noticed that they added water to the drinks in June! And we also had one of those $14 strawberry cheesecake martinis and certainly won't do that ever again!

Our first cruise last month on RC, and I'd read quite a bit previously, and now on this thread about their strong drinks. That was not our experience. Finally noticed that they actually added water from a small bottle of water to every drink they made. Guess that would be the definition of "watered down". :rolleyes:

We didn't have a drink package and probably bought about 10 drinks over the course of the cruise. We weren't impressed. We're seriously considering how we can smuggle on a bit of liquor to add to the drink of the day on future cruises so we'd have "real" drinks, but really don't want to have to mess with it.

I do not want to sound like I do not believe you.............but I do not believe you. I do not believe that what you saw is what you THINK you saw.

I do not want to sound like I do not believe you.............but I do not believe you. I do not believe that what you saw is what you THINK you saw.

I found myself questioning it even. I just reviewed the video I took. We're not big drinkers, and ordering martinis from the R-Bar was unique enough that I just naturally took video with my camera to "capture the moment".

Not only did they pour water from a small water bottle (like one you could probably buy onboard), they measured the liquor using a jigger (or whatever it's called), and didn't even pour the entire jigger into the glass! They poured some from the jigger back into the liquor bottle.

We did the martini clinic and another guest there mentioned them "pouring water in her drinks" too. I also took video from the martini clinic - I'll have to review and see if they used water in those also!

I do hope you filed a formal complaint and received a substantial FCC. Mistakes like this just cannot be tolerated.

If you were a Diamond Plus or Pinnacle member I'm sure they would have cut the fingers off the bartender to prevent him from disappointing you again.

OTOH, I drink Americanos, Campari, Cinzano and club soda (orange slice) as an aperitif and Paloma, tequila, Fresh grape fruit juice, fresh lime juice, sugar and club soda, very refreshing. I find it rare that bartenders do,a good job even in real cocktail lounges. So I won't throw the Royal bartenders overboard if they fail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never had a bad drink on board, if you mean bad in the sense that it wasn't prepared correctly.

I have, however, been served a frozen drink that was so strong I couldn't drink it. I didn't want to be rude, so I just set it under my lounge chair. I know the server was just being nice, but woah Nellie! :eek:

Wait ... WHAT? TOO STRONG ??? Aint no such thing !! :p