MDR and Muranos lunch on Century

Faircliff

We will be boarding Century to go to Alaska on August 3. I am wondering which days the main dining room and Murano's are open for lunch....particularly the Hubbard glacier day. Is it the same menu and price in Murano's for lunch as for dinner? And, are good quality jeans allowed in the main dining room for lunch? I know they're not for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Last year on the Century Muranos was open on the Hubbard glacier day. We had a window seat while we sailed in the bay by the Hubbard Glacier. It was lovely. The lunch was less expensive than an evening meal. Menu was limited but vey enjoyable.

Lunch in Murano would be something special offered and it is not open

on all cruises. You would need to ask about it after your board the ship.

The main dining room is not opened for lunch on port days.

We will be boarding Century to go to Alaska on August 3. I am wondering which days the main dining room and Murano's are open for lunch....particularly the Hubbard glacier day. Is it the same menu and price in Murano's for lunch as for dinner? And, are good quality jeans allowed in the main dining room for lunch? I know they're not for dinner.

lunch only on sea days or if the ship pulls in to port later( like after 1 pm)

when we were on her Breakfast in the MDR was SLOW abysmally so. Lunch was much better but we had a port heavy itinerary and it was only open one day.

nothing about Murano's appealed to us so we never went.

There is some misinformation posted above. Murano isn't "only" open for dinner. On some cruises, Murano is also open for a lunch (with a different menu than at dinner) and sometimes for an afternoon tea. The lunches and afternoon teas are not always offered, and sometimes they are cancelled if demand is too low.

Edited by X-elite

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your input. I just thought I would let you all know that I have just returned from the seven-day round-trip from Vancouver on the Century and Murano's was open for lunch on two days. One day was the Hubbard glacier day and the other I believe was the last sea day. It was listed in the special insert in the dailies the night before. It was by no means full although we did book it before we boarded the ship when they had a special kiosk at Dock side. Cost was $30 per person and it was a special lunch, not as elegant as the evening options, but I had the lobster and my companion had the filet mignon. It was just perfect for us and it was nice to be able to see out the windows.

Thanks everyone for your input. I just thought I would let you all know that I have just returned from the seven-day round-trip from Vancouver on the Century and Murano's was open for lunch on two days. One day was the Hubbard glacier day and the other I believe was the last sea day. It was listed in the special insert in the dailies the night before. It was by no means full although we did book it before we boarded the ship when they had a special kiosk at Dock side. Cost was $30 per person and it was a special lunch, not as elegant as the evening options, but I had the lobster and my companion had the filet mignon. It was just perfect for us and it was nice to be able to see out the windows.

It has gone up in price from the $25 it was priced at in February.

Check daily. Last yr on the Reflection we did not see the notice about the ONE day Murano and the Lawn Club opened for lunch. Both sold out quickly.

Do you recall the port or sea day it was offered?

How far in advance was the notice posted?

Oh my. I will quote what the ship's naturalist said over the intercom to passengers on my Alaskan cruise on the Century. "If you're sitting inside looking at this magnificent sight through the window then you may as well be watching TV."

Get out on deck and feel the chill and listen to the glacier crack and rumble. Take it all in without a dirty window in your way.

If you've seen Hubbard Glacier (or any other) so many times then by all means enjoy Murano.

Oh my. I will quote what the ship's naturalist said over the intercom to passengers on my Alaskan cruise on the Century. "If you're sitting inside looking at this magnificent sight through the window then you may as well be watching TV."

Get out on deck and feel the chill and listen to the glacier crack and rumble. Take it all in without a dirty window in your way.

If you've seen Hubbard Glacier (or any other) so many times then by all means enjoy Murano.

I agree with this! We couldn't believe they offered a cooking class the day we went through the 3 sounds in New Zealand. I guess there are those who have done it before, but having been there twice each day was different based on the weather and I wouldn't have missed either day!

The lunch didn't begin until we had left the glacier. 12 noon was the first sitting and we had just cleared the ice in the water and were in more "open" sea as we sat down.