When Does The Upgrade Fairy Usually Works His/Her Magic?

Was just wondering when a possible upgrade may occur? We are approx. 30 days out from our quick Oasis 2 nite cruise and looks like there is a large surplus of suites available. We have an outside balcony and have my fingers crossed for an upgrade to experience the "suite life".

Was just wondering when a possible upgrade may occur? We are approx. 30 days out from our quick Oasis 2 nite cruise and looks like there is a large surplus of suites available. We have an outside balcony and have my fingers crossed for an upgrade to experience the "suite life".

You are asking about paid upgrades?

Well... during my first ever cruise onboard Voyager of the Seas I realized that the sea pass card didn't work for the cabin I had booked.

I had to go down to the service desk to clear things up - surprisingly I had been upgraded from a JS to a RFS (#9394). :)

I guess they should have told me at check in, but forgot to do so.

By looking at the sea pass card I could have been aware of not having the cabin I booked, but as you can see the entire number it was not too easy to fully understand what cabin I had got instead (plus it was my first cruise).

/Erik

Out last upgrade was the afternoon prior to the cruise. Email of "your cruise documents are ready" came in at 3:30 PM.

I guess if i didn't check email, I would have found out at the pier.

Good luck

M

Just wondering, what if your luggage tags are already on your luggage and then you get the upgrade when you check in at the port? Does your luggage manage to get the upgrade with you? :)

Just wondering, what if your luggage tags are already on your luggage and then you get the upgrade when you check in at the port? Does your luggage manage to get the upgrade with you? :)

Just go to the new cabin and if your luggage is outside the door, simply take it to your new cabin. If it made it inside, you may need to get some staff to get it for you.

M

For us when the luggage did not arrive either I or our stateroom attendant went to the original assigned cabin and retrieved our luggage.

I have had 2 C & A upgrades and both were about a month or so ahead of the cruises.

So we have friends travelling with us on our next cruise and they are first time RCI cruisers so they are not yet C & A members. They have an inside cabin. Is there any chance they could receive a free upgrade or are those just for C & A members?

:)

So we have friends travelling with us on our next cruise and they are first time RCI cruisers so they are not yet C & A members. They have an inside cabin. Is there any chance they could receive a free upgrade or are those just for C & A members?

The upgrades that are done by the Revenue Department are not related to C&A membership or status. The Revenue Department is just looking to maximize revenue. It's possible your friends can get an upgrade, but it's a very low probability.

The upgrades that are done by the Revenue Department are not related to C&A membership or status. The Revenue Department is just looking to maximize revenue. It's possible your friends can get an upgrade, but it's a very low probability.

Got it - thank you Bob. They are thrilled and happy with an inside cabin but for their first cruise it would be awesome to get them to a balcony. We're secretly hoping our cruising addiction is contagious...

Like Bob stated Revenue Department are not related to C&A membership or status. C & A are reserved for D+ & P members

"Crown & Anchor Stateroom Upgrade Policy:

Our ships regularly sail at full capacity. Therefore, opportunities to upgrade are offered on a limited basis. If available, upgrades may be offered at the sole discretion of Royal Caribbean to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club. To determine which members may be extended an upgrade, we will consider the member's Cruise Points and tier level, stateroom category paid and booking date."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Edited by FLACRUISER99

I think the Revenue Department and C&A use the same dart board. It's the one where my name is covered with a metal shield (a lot of you are in the same boat - no pun intended). I am approaching 500 cruise points and not even a whiff of an upgrade. However, I am happy in my D2 so no worries.

Like Bob stated Revenue Department are not related to C&A membership or status. C & A are reserved for D+ & P members

"Crown & Anchor Stateroom Upgrade Policy:

Our ships regularly sail at full capacity. Therefore, opportunities to upgrade are offered on a limited basis. If available, upgrades may be offered at the sole discretion of Royal Caribbean to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club. To determine which members may be extended an upgrade, we will consider the member's Cruise Points and tier level, stateroom category paid and booking date."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Interesting to know the policy...

We found out about a recent upgrade from JS to GS after we were on board. There had been a significant price drop after our final payment and our TA tried to get us moved up but there were no GS's available. Apparently one opened up :D I'm sure it didn't hurt that we are one cruise away from D+ status and we had booked more than a year out. The real reason was probably that we had already paid the amount that the GS had dropped to.