Reflection- Aqua Class stateroom or suite?

Lounge0718

I have done as much googling as I can! Can you give advice, pros/cons, or just recommendations whether you would pick an Aqua Class stateroom or spa? We are booked (honeymoon!) on 7 night eastern Caribbean in an Aqua cClass stateroom but I'm having jitters over whether the suite would be better or not much more bang for the buck. Looking at videos online, it's hard to tell as I would swear some are mislabeled (!). Is there a big difference in service? Will we be in the room long enough to care? Seems like difference it: butler, apps, cappuccino/espresso?? Does the suite help you get into Blu or other places more easily (than the aqua stateroom)? I don't necessarily care but for some reason just can't clearly find the differences between the aqua suite and stateroom and if folks felt one was preferred over the other.

We are not cruisers by nature but really enjoyed one we took this year (Disney, with kids) and are very excited to see if this will make cruise converts out of us after all.

Thank you!

Congratulations:) on your nuptuals.

I have never been in a suite so maybe I am not the best person to answer

but I do know those cabins are all larger in size and yes, you do get

a butler.

Your first sentence....re-reading it, you said you were trying to decide

on an "Aqua Class statetoom or SPA"? Did you mean AQ or SUITE?

I have been in AQUA before....most folks book Aqua so they can dine

in Blu. Not the only reason, but it would probably be the top reason.

The cabin itself? Same size as a regular balcony but you do have

different shower too...(diffferent type showerhead...larger).

We all have different pricepoints too.....suites are usually way more

money...(well, they are way too much $ for me). But they always

sell out so there are plenty of folks out there who book them. I am

sure some of those folks will chiime in for you.

I have booked AQ twice....I am just as happy in regular veranda though.

Hope you both have a wonderful cruise and again, Congratulations:)

I have done as much googling as I can! Can you give advice, pros/cons, or just recommendations whether you would pick an Aqua Class stateroom or spa? We are booked (honeymoon!) on 7 night eastern Caribbean in an Aqua cClass stateroom but I'm having jitters over whether the suite would be better or not much more bang for the buck. Looking at videos online, it's hard to tell as I would swear some are mislabeled (!). Is there a big difference in service? Will we be in the room long enough to care? Seems like difference it: butler, apps, cappuccino/espresso?? Does the suite help you get into Blu or other places more easily (than the aqua stateroom)? I don't necessarily care but for some reason just can't clearly find the differences between the aqua suite and stateroom and if folks felt one was preferred over the other.

We are not cruisers by nature but really enjoyed one we took this year (Disney, with kids) and are very excited to see if this will make cruise converts out of us after all.

Thank you!

If blu is a concern you are assigned to blu if in AQ cabin, not so in suite although it is likely you can eat there.

Thank you!

Hi,

Things that Aqua will get you over a standard suite:

• Wall mounted shower panel (or "car wash" as we call it)
  • guaranteed access to Blu
  • aromatherapy diffuser in the room
  • access to the Persian Spa and Relaxation Room

Things that a standard suite will get you that is not available in Aqua:

• Butler
  • access to Blu on a space available basis
  • other perks like specialty dinner(s), etc.

If you are asking Aqua cabin versus standard suite (let's say sky suite), either will get you into Blu... the Aqua cabin with no issues, the suite on a space available basis (normally not during peak hours).

If you are asking Aqua cabin versus Aqua Suite, I'd say Aqua Suite (for your honeymoon) as long as the price point doesn't scare you. By the way, the Reflection is the only ship to have Aqua Suites and word is that they will be converted back to Sky Suites in the near future.

I hope this helps,

Steve

Stay with the AQ and save the money for other uses. I don't know the value of a butler but being on your honeymoon I don't think you need much space in your cabin.

If you have tons to spend get a AQ suite and then you won't have to make a decision as your ill have both all in one.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were in an Aqua Class room over last New Year and changed after the second day to an Aqua Class Suite. The main issue we had with the Aqua Stateroom is that the doors on the adjoining rooms is the shared wall that the outside doors of each room close on. We had a VERY rude neighbor who had their guests and children staying in other rooms leave their door open on the bolt and when people came and went all night the door slammed and it was loud throughout the wall and room. The Aqua Class Suite was much larger and MUCH quieter.

Main differences between an AQ stateroom and AQ suite. About 80 sq. feet of additional space and a butler! Also, a free specialty dinner, and a rolling cart with afternoon snacks. One plus of the Butler, you can order room service dinner (from the MDR) menu and your butler will serve it course by course in your cabin or on your balcony.

Main differences between an AQ stateroom and AQ suite. About 80 sq. feet of additional space and a butler! Also, a free specialty dinner, and a rolling cart with afternoon snacks. One plus of the Butler, you can order room service dinner (from the MDR) menu and your butler will serve it course by course in your cabin or on your balcony.

You can eat lunch and dinner in your cabin from the mdr menu in all cabins. Whether it is course by course depends on how good your Butler is.

Hi,

Things that Aqua will get you over a standard suite:

• Wall mounted shower panel (or "car wash" as we call it)
  • guaranteed access to Blu
  • aromatherapy diffuser in the room
  • access to the Persian Spa and Relaxation Room

Things that a standard suite will get you that is not available in Aqua:

• Butler
  • access to Blu on a space available basis
  • other perks like specialty dinner(s), etc.

If you are asking Aqua cabin versus standard suite (let's say sky suite), either will get you into Blu... the Aqua cabin with no issues, the suite on a space available basis (normally not during peak hours).

If you are asking Aqua cabin versus Aqua Suite, I'd say Aqua Suite (for your honeymoon) as long as the price point doesn't scare you. By the way, the Reflection is the only ship to have Aqua Suites and word is that they will be converted back to Sky Suites in the near future.

I hope this helps,

Steve

Just returned from the beautiful Reflection, and I'm happy to inform that upper level suites are now welcome at the Persian Spa. We were on a Royal Suite and our cards had a small "v" sticker for that purpose. This perk is for guests older than 16 y/o. BTW, we didn't go to the Persian Spa.

To the OP; we had friends on an Aqua suite and loved the room. Congratulations on your wedding and happy cruising!:)

Have stayed in Aqua class and Penthouse Suite on my 2 Celebrity cruises. The suite (for us) is hands down the way to go. People often spend a lot of time in their rooms on a honeymoon so why not have the more luxurious surroundings?

Still- was pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our aqua class accommodations considering how reasonable the cost was (it was our first cruise and we went into it with zero expectations).

In a suite, your expectations are higher in proportion to the price paid. Also, you may not enjoy a butler unless you feel comfortable directing staff and making your expectations clear. If you prefer to be left alone and do things on your own (as you may on your honeymoon...), you may prefer a regular stateroom. Comes down to personal choice and the temperments of you and your spouse.

The good news is there are no bad options here. Best wishes and enjoy your honeymoon!

We've sailed in an Aqua Suite, and suites on a number of different ships. In addition to all of the stated perks and information you've received above, we feel, in general service is a bit better for suite guests. You'd be more likely to be accomidated for a specific time when it may be hard to get into a specialty restaurant for example. For us, having someone put out a table cloth and bring breakfast, or serve dinner in courses is very nice. Imagine a romantic dinner on your balcony. Not nearly as romantic when a tray is left for you to serve yourself. Another added feature you get in the AS that you don't get in a standard aqua cabin is a bathtub. I don't have the time to soak at home, so I really enjoy a nice bubble bath on vacation. If the cost isn't an issue, I'd say do it, but not at the expense of stressing over what you spent or that it makes you miss out on something else during the cruise. If you don't book it, you won't know that you missed anything, because you'll have a great time regardless!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

If the cost between the two is very slight, you may want to go for the suite. If not, I would be more than happy in an AQ stateroom.

Just note that on the S-class, there are several of the AQ rooms right under the pool and gym. I think this actually makes the A2 a better choice than the A1 cabins.

The dates of your travel may also be a factor to consider.

Right now AQ suite guests dine in BLU with non- suite AQ pax..this has led to some finding BLU to be overcrowded at certain time slots because the expansion of BLU was not sufficient to handle the increased numbers...Not sure if this also would lessen availability of BLU to regular suite pax....

I am not sure if the date, but there has been mention that Reflection AQ suites will be re-classified as some type of non AQ suites and dining will be in the suite dining area...not BLU...

we know that our cruise this Nov will be before the change...so you may want to look into the changes and eff dates if you would prefer BLU

CONGRATS on your upcoming nuptials!

I am not sure if the date, but there has been mention that Reflection AQ suites will be re-classified as some type of non AQ suites and dining will be in the suite dining area...not BLU...

AQ Suites become Sky Suites on April 11, 2015 (f you go to X site and review deck plans, on Reflection, you have to select a date to see the correct one.)

SO if you are trying to see what an AQ Suite looks like, just compare it to a regular (not an aft-aft corner) Sky Suite on any of the S class ships. They are in essence "Junior Suites".

If the cost between the two is very slight, you may want to go for the suite. If not, I would be more than happy in an AQ stateroom.

Just note that on the S-class, there are several of the AQ rooms right under the pool and gym. I think this actually makes the A2 a better choice than the A1 cabins.

This is a good point. Additionally, some Aquasuites are not in great locations either. I'd recommend an AS on the hump if you can get one, but we did have some noise from above that did wake me up a few mornings. Location, Location, Locaiton :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Wow! Thank you all so much for your feedback! Thanks for helping a "non-cruiser" try to be a cruiser!!

We are traveling in early December this year. We are currently in A1, Rm 1587. My agent said it would be an additional $1100 (for 2) to move to an aqua suite.

I'm still a bit on the fence. I don't mind springing if it means we will love it all the more but would also better spend that extra $$ elsewhere if it isn't worth it.

Decisions decisions!

Yes location location location- this is how he snagged us on our first cruise - we loved where we were.

We booked an A1(non-suite) on deck 11..so we are under other staterooms, rather than pool or gym.