Expired FCC

GloriaF

It's plainly my fault, but can i get my $ back or an updated FCC after it is expired or am I just out of luck?

Once it expires, it'll be refunded back to the credit card that you purchased it with... If you don't have that card anymore, you'll eventually get a check back.

If it JUST expired you may be lucky enough to get Princess to extend it. Don't know if they will do so but if it is only a matter or a day or so it might be worth a call. I would much rather have the FCC than the cash. Otherwise, just hang tight and you will eventually get your money back. Hopefully you have more FCC.

If it JUST expired you may be lucky enough to get Princess to extend it. Don't know if they will do so but if it is only a matter or a day or so it might be worth a call. I would much rather have the FCC than the cash. Otherwise, just hang tight and you will eventually get your money back. Hopefully you have more FCC.

They did just extend one of mine -- by a week and it was really no big deal. Bet if I wanted to extend it by a few months and it meant booking a cruise or not, they probably would have done it but cannot say for sure.

These are definitely fully refundable so you are out nothing.

They did just extend one of mine -- by a week and it was really no big deal. Bet if I wanted to extend it by a few months and it meant booking a cruise or not, they probably would have done it but cannot say for sure.

These are definitely fully refundable so you are out nothing.

We were advised on purchase that the 2 years could be extended by request for a FURTHER 2 YEARS

Thanks to everyone with your replies and positive message! How do I go about either extension or refund? Can it be done onboard my next cruise for possible OBC? Wonder if I speak with Future Cruise Consultant or Purser's Desk? Or by phone to 1-800-Princess?

It expired in Nov 2013. I know how it happened, too. The past two cruises we've booked were last-minute Stand-by Deals and final payment was due at the time of booking --- so I never thought of getting the reduced deposit. I did miss out on more OBC, though!

Edited by GloriaF

Thanks to everyone with your replies and positive message! How do I go about either extension or refund? Can it be done onboard my next cruise for possible OBC? Wonder if I speak with Future Cruise Consultant or Purser's Desk? Or by phone to 1-800-Princess?

It expired in Nov 2013. I know how it happened, too. The past two cruises we've booked were last-minute Stand-by Deals and final payment was due at the time of booking --- so I never thought of getting the reduced deposit. I did miss out on more OBC, though!

Holy cow! If it expired that long ago you surely should have received a credit back to the card you used to purchase the FCC. If the card no longer exists they should have sent you a check by now.

We were advised on purchase that the 2 years could be extended by request for a FURTHER 2 YEARS

I was told this as well BUT you need to call to arrange it BEFORE it expires. Once it has expired if the refund is in progress you may be out of luck. Call to check on it as with card number changes and possible address changes they could completely lose track of you and be unable to do the refund.

Terry

I hope it's better than the Carnival ones I had expire. I think I was misinformed on the ship--or else I was just thinking the policy would be the same as on Princess. The Carnival ones aren't refundable after the expiration date. The good news is that the original value will still be there if we ever take another Carnival cruise.

Thanks again for the input.

Princess does have my contact info. I suppose there's a chance that we received the credit to the card, we still have the card active but use a different one ....... OR that we used the FCC and didn't make a note on it that it had been used as I usually do. Eventually I discard used FCCs, but I always hold on to them until after the cruise I used them on has come and gone. I'll check it out with Princess just to be sure I haven't left $100 floating around.

They extended mine, but I was booking a cruise that was 6 months out at the time.

More details please. Had they already expired or were they going to expire before the cruise that you were booking? If they had not yet expired they wouldn't have to extend the date as they are applied as your down payment on the day you booked the next cruise.

My understanding has always been that you just have to book a cruise within the two years to use a FCC. It doesn't matter if the cruise is still 6 months or 24 months away.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

My understanding has always been that you just have to book a cruise within the two years to use a FCC. It doesn't matter if the cruise is still 6 months or 24 months away.

That is current policy. In the past the wording was that the cruise had to be taken before the FCC expired. This made more sense when they were issued for four years instead of the current two years.

Thanks again for the input.

Princess does have my contact info. I suppose there's a chance that we received the credit to the card, we still have the card active but use a different one ....... OR that we used the FCC and didn't make a note on it that it had been used as I usually do. Eventually I discard used FCCs, but I always hold on to them until after the cruise I used them on has come and gone. I'll check it out with Princess just to be sure I haven't left $100 floating around.

Any remaining FCC will show up in your cruise personalizer.