No more schedules past April, 2016 till next year?

captdave

I was trying to find about the Summit reposition from San Juan to NJ April 2016. There are 3 Caribbean Cruises listed for the Summit April 2016. I wanted to find out the reposition and was told no new info would be posted till April 2015, that's it.

I called back and got the same answer from another person. No new cruises listed for about 9 months?

This sounds crazy that Celebrity would stop listing future cruises for a 9 month period?

Is this correct, is it all ships?

CaptDave

The wife and I were looking at A1 on the Summit reposition in April 2016. Can't believe we were cut off by one trip. That's the cruise they stopped at.

We are not doing our Panama Canal A1 on the Infinity till Sept 2015, so booking on the ship won't help for this cruise, it will be out by then.

CaptDave

I think if you are a Captain's Club member, the release/booking date is a few days earlier than the general public, if that helps at all!

Hi Akowilm,

For the past few years, Celebrity has offered an early booking window for Captains Club members. Generally, it's about 5 days in advance of the general public. I doubt anyone knows for certain if the early booking window will continue next year, but I suspect it will. It's a very smart marketing tool.

Hi Akowilm,

For the past few years, Celebrity has offered an early booking window for Captains Club members. Generally, it's about 5 days in advance of the general public. I doubt anyone knows for certain if the early booking window will continue next year, but I suspect it will. It's a very smart marketing tool.

Let's hope!! Thanks, Andy, and I hope to see you on one of these beautiful ships soon!

The wife and I were looking at A1 on the Summit reposition in April 2016. Can't believe we were cut off by one trip. That's the cruise they stopped at.

We are not doing our Panama Canal A1 on the Infinity till Sept 2015, so booking on the ship won't help for this cruise, it will be out by then.

CaptDave

I have taken this repo for four years now, and I am already booked for next year. The new cruise roll-out for the Summit begins with this one every year. For the newest one, it was available for booking around April 10th, give or take a few days.

Edited by bayonnejoe

I'm curious why Celebrity waits so long to come out with their new itineraries. Crystal and Azamara have already come out with their full 2016 itineraries, and I have gone ahead and booked with them. It seems as if they miss out on bookings by those of us who plan ahead.

Michael

I have taken this repo for four years now, and I am already booked for next year. The new cruise roll-out for the Summit begins with this one every year. For the newest one, it was available for booking around April 10th, give or take a few days.

Thanks

Do you stay a few days in San Juan also, we like the Caribe Hilton? The Caribe Hilton was my usual crew hotel when I was still flying.

11450645603_9ef34b7d41.jpg

CaptDave

• 4 weeks later...

CaptDave

I've booked Panama Canal on Infinity for April 2016. Nothing showing for what follows so thought I'd look at summer 2015 to perhaps get a clue but nothing shows for that either ??

I've booked Panama Canal on Infinity for April 2016. Nothing showing for what follows so thought I'd look at summer 2015 to perhaps get a clue but nothing shows for that either ??

=X= website issue, search engine didn't pick up the 2015 Alaska cruises for some reason. If she's to do Alaska in 2016 she'd have to do another PC cruise to get back to the west coast.

Thanks

Do you stay a few days in San Juan also, we like the Caribe Hilton? The Caribe Hilton was my usual crew hotel when I was still flying.

11450645603_9ef34b7d41.jpg

CaptDave

Hi CAPTDAVE,

I was doing some research for another post / CCer the other day... And ya it sucks that the schedule for the Summit only shows thru til April 23, 2016... But that is the way it goes.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2086391

Based on past years history, the next cruise would be the repositioning...2 or 3 Caribbean Islands, then 2 Nights in Bermuda... Arriving in Port Liberty on May 1st (see my Reply # 28 in the above link)

--- --- ---

As for the Caribe Hilton...

Great Hotel. We love it. If you travel a lot, and have a Loyalty Card see if you cannot do it on points... Otherwise it can be a pricey choice.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I'm curious why Celebrity waits so long to come out with their new itineraries. Crystal and Azamara have already come out with their full 2016 itineraries, and I have gone ahead and booked with them. It seems as if they miss out on bookings by those of us who plan ahead.

Michael

And Azamara just caused a firestorm over on their forum because shortly after releasing those 2016 itineraries they pulled a whole block of them. It seems they have some charters in the works that will take over certain weeks and then have to reposition the ship for the intervening segments. So remember: the early worm gets the bird. ;)

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Michael

Hi Michael.... don't both of those cruiselines have only 2 or 3

ship in their fleets? Maybe it takes much less paperwork, finalizing

contracts, etc to set up the following year's itineraries?

It's funny how people have different expectations for planning holidays. We normally plan about 6 months out, but almost everyone I know plans maybe two months out. When I tell people we're thinking about what to do for the winter, they look at me like I have three heads. My coworkers are still trying to decide what to do for Labour Day!

My point is, a lot of people don't plan their holidays more than a year out. Eighteen months of availability is probably a reasonable allowance.

I think more to the point is why Celebrity and Royal only release itineraries once a year instead of a rolling programme of say quarterly. By next March/April they will only have a shade over 12 months ahead available to book.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I think more to the point is why Celebrity and Royal only release itineraries once a year instead of a rolling programme of say quarterly. By next March/April they will only have a shade over 12 months ahead available to book.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

But they will be releasing the next season's cruises by that time ...

It's funny how people have different expectations for planning holidays. We normally plan about 6 months out, but almost everyone I know plans maybe two months out. When I tell people we're thinking about what to do for the winter, they look at me like I have three heads. My coworkers are still trying to decide what to do for Labour Day!

My point is, a lot of people don't plan their holidays more than a year out. Eighteen months of availability is probably a reasonable allowance.

We very rarely book anything less then a year in advance...

We currently have 1 booked for oct this year which we booked around this time last year and 3 for next year and 1 for march 2016... If they were out I guess I would have at least another 2 for 2016 but they will have to wait! 😎

Michael

Hi Michael,

I think Lois hit the nail on the head. Both Azamara & Crystal have 2 ships - which are much smaller than Celebrity's ships. I had the pleasure of meeting Azamara's deployment manager some time ago, and he shared some insights on what's involved when creating a deployment schedule. Trust me when I say it's a daunting task. With that said, I must believe it's easier to create a deployment for a line with 2 ships, than a larger brand like Celebrity.

BTW, as Host Jazzbeau mentioned, Azamara was generally one of the first cruise lines to release their deployment schedules each year. Up until this year, this strategy has worked well. However, their recently released calendar 2016 schedule is in a partial state of flux, due to a series of charters for Azamara Quest in the 3rd & 4th quarter of 2016. This development has created a great deal of negative buzz on their forum. FWIW, I think some of the negativity is an overreaction, as 2016 is in the distance, and it's entirely possible that sailings for the general public should be added during this timeframe. We're still waiting for the newly announced schedule for Quest, which might happen as early as next week. With that said, I can see how any redeployment can be quite frustrating for guests.

Edited by Host Andy